PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis Cardinals...2011 World Series Champions!!!!

KA9MOT
10-28-2011, 11:01 PM
The summer between 3rd and 4th grade (1972 maybe) my family moved to Cahokia, IL, so my dad could be closer to his family and he went to work as a City Bus driver in St. Louis. Things were pretty bad back then, and we moved back to North Eastern Pennsylvania the following year.

Anyway, I remember that time mostly because Uncle Don and my dad used to take us kids to see the Cards play. We always went on Bat Day, Hat Day, Ball Day etc.... I remember a Glove Day but I really don't. Anyway, That summer I watched the Cards play ball. I have fond memories of guys like Bob Gibson, Lou Brock, and Ray Bare. My favorite being Bob "Gibby" Gibson. He was the Pitcher. If I remember correctly, he was a hell of a batter and a good base steal-er too......

I don't follow sports much any more except for Motorsports, but I got excited when I learned that the Cards were to play the World Series this year. I had a blast, rooting for an old favorite, and I am very Happy they won!

ST. Louis Cardinals 2011 Champs!

Hell Yeah!!!!

NA4BH
10-28-2011, 11:05 PM
Somebody had to win

:lol:

Last nights game was a great one. (Didn't watch tonight)

KA9MOT
10-28-2011, 11:07 PM
Somebody had to win

:lol:

Last nights game was a great one. (Didn't watch tonight)

Last nights game was a great one. Exciting even. I think it was probably the most exciting game I've ever watched.

KG4CGC
10-28-2011, 11:37 PM
Thank the undetermined deities that Texas didn't win.

VE7DCW
10-29-2011, 12:12 AM
The summer between 3rd and 4th grade (1972 maybe) my family moved to Cahokia, IL, so my dad could be closer to his family and he went to work as a City Bus driver in St. Louis. Things were pretty bad back then, and we moved back to North Eastern Pennsylvania the following year.

Anyway, I remember that time mostly because Uncle Don and my dad used to take us kids to see the Cards play. We always went on Bat Day, Hat Day, Ball Day etc.... I remember a Glove Day but I really don't. Anyway, That summer I watched the Cards play ball. I have fond memories of guys like Bob Gibson, Lou Brock, and Ray Bare. My favorite being Bob "Gibby" Gibson. He was the Pitcher. If I remember correctly, he was a hell of a batter and a good base steal-er too......

I don't follow sports much any more except for Motorsports, but I got excited when I learned that the Cards were to play the World Series this year. I had a blast, rooting for an old favorite, and I am very Happy they won!

ST. Louis Cardinals 2011 Champs!

Hell Yeah!!!!

This has something to do with the sport of baseball or something?? :dunno: :rofl:

KG4CGC
10-29-2011, 01:05 AM
This has something to do with the sport of baseball or something?? :dunno: :rofl:"I'm not an athlete. I'm a professional baseball player." -John Kruk.

NQ6U
10-29-2011, 09:17 AM
Game Seven was pretty dull and I didn't have strong feelings about who won the Series this year. However, at the end, I took solace in the fact that the Ranger's second World Series loss in as many years must have dismayed their former owner, George W. Bush.