PDA

View Full Version : I no longer access yahoo mail with Chrome, PHUK 'EM

kc7jty
10-22-2011, 07:05 PM
Fire Fox only, I'm tired of all the bullshit.

n2ize
10-22-2011, 09:01 PM
What's wrong with Chrome. I'm using it right now. it seems great.

W1GUH
10-22-2011, 09:06 PM
I haven't used Chrome very much at all. No reason to -- FF has been close to perfect as a browser, so why change?

But I'd love to hear the details of what happened. Please to provide that? Thanks.

kc7jty
10-22-2011, 09:17 PM
I can only use the "NEW" yahoomail with chrome, it sux, and I keep getting asses I never heard of wanting to chat.
Firefox is like a garden slug in liquid nitrogen. When I use it AVG keeps telling me to turn it off because it's using up too much resource.

W1GUH
10-22-2011, 09:27 PM
Yea, I got that bullshit from yahoo mail about "asses I never heard of wanting to chat. " with FF for a while. Guess I finally found the right thing to ping to get rid of it, or yahoo and/or FF realized I always ignored them and stopped with the BS.

I share your frustration with the "new" yahoo mail. Not so much that it's bad -- it isn't, really, but for cryin' out loud -- why do they insist on fixing something that's not broken? Ah, well...

Thanks.

kc7jty
10-22-2011, 11:00 PM
I take it you and ize both use the "new" yahoomail. I'm still able to use the classic in Firefox so far.

W1GUH
10-22-2011, 11:05 PM
Forget when it happened...the time came when I had no choice, or at least they made it difficult to stay with classic. Might have something to do with OS...I've got Vista. At work, with IE, I still get classic.

[blush] Shoulda said....at work, with XP, I still get classic.

KA9MOT
10-23-2011, 01:39 AM
There is a very well known fix for Yahoo mail........ it is gmail.

kc7jty
10-23-2011, 02:24 AM
i've been yahoo mail 4 15 years.

n2ize
10-23-2011, 05:36 AM
I take it you and ize both use the "new" yahoomail. I'm still able to use the classic in Firefox so far.

I don't use yahoomail at all. I access virtually all my mail via POP3 + a dedicated email client. I do have a gmail acct. but I rarely use it. As far as Yahoomail + chrome there has got to be some simple reason why it has issues. Most of the services needed by Yahoomail should be available on the 4 major browsers, i.e. Opera, Chrome, FF, and, ...uhhhggghhh IE.

W1GUH
10-23-2011, 06:40 AM
i've been yahoo mail 4 15 years.

WAS there yahoo mail in '96? Guess it wasn't that well known? Well, I've used yahoo mail exclusively since '98 or '99...forget exactly when -- except it was as soon as I learned about it. Never had any real issues with it. It's been "very good to me."

But don't look now...just saw a bit on channel 4 news that Google may be buying Yahoo. Egad!

W3MIV
10-23-2011, 06:54 AM
You can choose to limit messenger to only those people in your contact list. You can also choose to remain "invisible" to everyone. I have Hotmail, Yahoo! Mail and GMail accounts, and of the three, I use the Yahoo! when I am not using my usual Verizon POP account.

I do use FF -- dislike Chrome. I have been auditioning Safari recently, and I could get to like it I think. My only complaint about FF is the new upgrade policy, which can be turned off in options should one choose to remain with an older version.

kc7jty
10-23-2011, 03:12 PM
I completely dumped messenger and put the "new" ym back onto the chrome favorites.

WØTKX
10-23-2011, 04:39 PM
YMMV.

I've been using MSN Hotmail for a long time, second only to Yahoo. Added Gmail to the mix a few years ago.

They all have their quirks, but they all work for me, in all browsers. :dunno:

W3WN
10-25-2011, 09:05 AM
I can only use the "NEW" yahoomail with chrome, it sux, and I keep getting asses I never heard of wanting to chat.
Firefox is like a garden slug in liquid nitrogen. When I use it AVG keeps telling me to turn it off because it's using up too much resource.Yahoo tried to push the "new" mail on me as well, but in the fine print, it requires an IE or FF upgrade. Considering the older machines I'm using in the shack, it wasn't worth the aggravation of upgrading IE... although I'm sure I will at some point in time, if I need to for other reasons.

However, after jumping through a few hoops the first time that Yahoo tried to force me onto the new mail, now I go right in, and I'm still on the "classic" mail engine. Not that I use that old account for much anymore anyway.

n2ize
10-25-2011, 09:34 AM
There are so many different free mail services. When one doesn't perform up to your expectations or is no longer compatible with your system then switch to another. Hotmail, Gmail, or a whole host of smaller lesser known email services.

KC2UGV
10-25-2011, 09:38 AM
I use GMail exclusively (Other than my Verizon account that comes with my DSL), because it's the only one that doesn't charge to use POP3/IMAP.

The other "free" email services make you pay for that.