PDA

View Full Version : Yes they call it the Streak...

W7XF
10-22-2011, 03:13 PM
(with apologies to Ray Stevens)

Safe for work....no nudity:

UCLA vs Arizona Streaker (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUI-GnWOS14)

KG4CGC
10-22-2011, 03:18 PM
The cops over reacted.

ki4itv
10-22-2011, 03:33 PM
We fear the naked.
Save us.

KJ3N
10-22-2011, 03:34 PM
He forgot to go "commando". Dumb ass....

K7SGJ
10-22-2011, 05:40 PM
He forgot to go "commando". Dumb ass....

Are you serious? They'd of killed him. Look how they almost broke his jaw just for running around in his "Fruit of the Loons".

W7XF
10-22-2011, 06:10 PM
It was a Speedo.

suddenseer
10-22-2011, 06:32 PM
:homer::homer:mmmmm speeedo.:yum:

n2ize
10-22-2011, 06:36 PM
The cops over reacted.

You kidding ? That cop did a great tackle. Rest assured. that streaker got a good headbust once they got him out of view. Wonder if he is streaking in jail.

n2ize
10-22-2011, 06:41 PM
I remember when streaking was big in the 70's. Three guys at my high school did a full naked streak across the football field. Might have been nicer if three girls did it but, no such luck.

KG4CGC
10-22-2011, 08:14 PM
You kidding ? That cop did a great tackle. Rest assured. that streaker got a good headbust once they got him out of view. Wonder if he is streaking in jail.
Are you %^&$#@( kidding me? The cop just about decapitated him in that take down.

n2ize
10-22-2011, 09:00 PM
Are you %^&$#@( kidding me? The cop just about decapitated him in that take down.

Yeah, that's what makes it great !!! :-D

W3WN
10-24-2011, 10:44 AM
The schnook's lucky that he didn't get gang tackled by some of the players. Things like that have been known to happen.

Now I'm not justifying the manner of the take-down, nor am I criticizing it. Suffice to say, these days, you run out on the field during a football or baseball game, you'd better be prepared to be tasered or tackled, and then be thrown in jail. They take this very seriously. Maybe too seriously... but that's another story.

n2ize
10-25-2011, 09:38 AM
The schnook's lucky that he didn't get gang tackled by some of the players. Things like that have been known to happen.

Now I'm not justifying the manner of the take-down, nor am I criticizing it. Suffice to say, these days, you run out on the field during a football or baseball game, you'd better be prepared to be tasered or tackled, and then be thrown in jail. They take this very seriously. Maybe too seriously... but that's another story.

I agree, he really has no business interfering with the game. people are there to watch the game, not to watch him. If I go to a ballgame and unless I play for the team or work for the team or the ballpark I don't belong on the field. I belong in the stands. If I chose to go on the field without proper permission then I had better plan to visit the local jail.

That said, I think it was either at Ebbets field or maybe the Polo Grounds where, at the end of the game when the fans were exiting they used to open the field so the fans could walk across it to reach one of the exits. <Must have been a great feeling for kids to actually be standing on the very field where their favorite players were just playing moments before.

W3WN
10-25-2011, 09:58 AM
I agree, he really has no business interfering with the game. people are there to watch the game, not to watch him. If I go to a ballgame and unless I play for the team or work for the team or the ballpark I don't belong on the field. I belong in the stands. If I chose to go on the field without proper permission then I had better plan to visit the local jail.

That said, I think it was either at Ebbets field or maybe the Polo Grounds where, at the end of the game when the fans were exiting they used to open the field so the fans could walk across it to reach one of the exits. Must have been a great feeling for kids to actually be standing on the very field where their favorite players were just playing moments before.I understand that the outfield grandstands at old Forbes Field exited onto the field as well.

It is kinda neat to be standing on the field. I've had the opportunity to do it a few times at PNC Park, although not during a game! (Perk of being a Season Ticket Holder). Little Miss Field Day was once selected to be in one of the "Kids Take The Field" promotions; every Sunday home game, 9 kids under 15 are selected. They're issued (generic) uniform jerseys, sent out to the various infield & outfield positions right before the game starts, and get to meet the player at that position and get his autograph.
4775 (Naturally, the cop backs up into the picture just as I'm taking it... oh well)

Of course, as soon as the players are done signing whatever, the kids are quickly ushered into their seats and then the game starts, but still, it's a thrill for the kids.

...and the kids and ONE parent/guardian each get a free ticket for being selected. The rest of the family? They have to pay. At least they're good seats.

kb2vxa
10-25-2011, 07:42 PM
That flying tackle was a pause for the cause as far as the UCLA coach was concerned, now why can't the TEAM play that well? (;->)

KG4CGC
10-25-2011, 11:44 PM

That said, I think it was either at Ebbets field or maybe the Polo Grounds where, at the end of the game when the fans were exiting they used to open the field so the fans could walk across it to reach one of the exits. <Must have been a great feeling for kids to actually be standing on the very field where their favorite players were just playing moments before.But in another thread, the dumbing down of sports, you would have agreed with fans running out on the field.