PDA

View Full Version : 75m OF medical net?

W1GUH
10-21-2011, 02:42 PM
FYI -- just had an endoscopy & they're a piece of cake. About the same as taking a nice, refreshing nap. So no need to fear one if you need it.

The results, OTOH....

Lab tests aren't back yet.

ab1ga
10-21-2011, 03:02 PM
My experience was similar; I had a double-ended combo just before last Christmas and had only two worries.
When I asked my GI doctor whether the instruments were color-coded, he laughed, but assured me that the two units were sufficiently different in appearance to prevent their being mixed up.
When I found out that they would be using the same anesthetic which led to Michael Jackson's demise, I insisted the anesthesiologist remain in the room at all times and never, ever, phone in his instructions.
BTW, that stuff is GOOD, what struck me the most is the rapidity with which one regains full mental function, there's no residual wooziness.
Even with this experience, though, I am not looking forward to getting endoscoped every two years. Hospitals still give me the creeps.

W3MIV
10-21-2011, 04:10 PM
Unless there's video, it didn't happen. :twisted:

WØTKX
10-21-2011, 05:12 PM
Ewwww.

KG4CGC
10-21-2011, 07:10 PM
Goatse.
That is all.

Yeah. I wouldn't Google that if I were you.

KJ3N
10-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Whatever they gave me today was so good, that the last I remember before the surgery was laying on the gurney in the hall. If I was even remotely awake when they wheeled me in, I have no recollection of it. :agree:

ad4mg
10-21-2011, 08:05 PM
Midazolam, trade name Versed. Used in many medical procedures.

They say you tell your life story when you're 'under'. :hand:

W3WN
10-21-2011, 08:15 PM
Unless there's video, it didn't happen. :twisted:That's not a video I ever want to watch.

W1GUH
10-21-2011, 09:30 PM
My experience was similar; I had a double-ended combo just before last Christmas and had only two worries.
When I asked my GI doctor whether the instruments were color-coded, he laughed, but assured me that the two units were sufficiently different in appearance to prevent their being mixed up.
When I found out that they would be using the same anesthetic which led to Michael Jackson's demise, I insisted the anesthesiologist remain in the room at all times and never, ever, phone in his instructions.
BTW, that stuff is GOOD, what struck me the most is the rapidity with which one regains full mental function, there's no residual wooziness.
Even with this experience, though, I am not looking forward to getting endoscoped every two years. Hospitals still give me the creeps.

"Even with this experience, though, I am not looking forward to getting endoscoped every two years. Hospitals still give me the creeps."

FWIW, I wasn't in a hospital. The gastroenterologist did it in his private office -- it was very routine for him.

"...every two years."

Ummmmmm....wish I had done it every two years.

And, no, it's is definitely NOT a video that ya wanna see!

W1GUH
10-21-2011, 09:31 PM
Whatever they gave me today was so good, that the last I remember before the surgery was laying on the gurney in the hall. If I was even remotely awake when they wheeled me in, I have no recollection of it. :agree:

Yea, it was pretty impressive. Out like a light, then woke up feeling just fine when it was all over. Great stuff!

W1GUH
10-21-2011, 09:37 PM
Midazolam, trade name Versed. Used in many medical procedures.

They say you tell your life story when you're 'under'. :hand:

OH-oh....you mean, I many have revealed that I'm a....I'm a...OMG!!! Ham Radio Operator???????????????????

W7XF
10-22-2011, 02:59 PM
Should have saved it for 75 xD

W1GUH
10-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Pity I can't do that regularly -- sure whis I could. OTOH....you're the one who opened the topic, even tho' it was clearly labeled for what it is! (Good natured sarcasme there!)

But there's a serious side to it. I've been through some really, really, big-time changes the last couple of days and am embarked on a whole new life adventure, to say the least. Not anything I ever, ever expected -- guess in this particular "life crap shoot" I threw snake eyes. Well, shit happens. And it includes a couple of things that I had been terrified of. BUT, the really good news is, it's not that bad. There's a really, really good side of health care that I didn't know existed 3 days ago -- there's a world of good there.

K7SGJ
10-23-2011, 10:46 AM
Pity I can't do that regularly -- sure whis I could. OTOH....you're the one who opened the topic, even tho' it was clearly labeled for what it is! (Good natured sarcasme there!)

But there's a serious side to it. I've been through some really, really, big-time changes the last couple of days and am embarked on a whole new life adventure, to say the least. Not anything I ever, ever expected -- guess in this particular "life crap shoot" I threw snake eyes. Well, shit happens. And it includes a couple of things that I had been terrified of. BUT, the really good news is, it's not that bad. There's a really, really good side of health care that I didn't know existed 3 days ago -- there's a world of good there.

Just way over priced.

W1GUH
10-23-2011, 04:36 PM
Just way over priced.

You're of course right about that. FORTUNATELY, it looks like the retiree medical I've been paying dearly for (out of my pension) is good coverage. As it looks now, there's probably not a big financial impact...luckily.

ab1ga
10-23-2011, 06:21 PM
OH-oh....you mean, I many have revealed that I'm a....I'm a...OMG!!! Ham Radio Operator???????????????????

It's easy to tell if that happened.

A ham license is a veritable babe magnet. Had you revealed your true identity under anesthesia, you'd have felt like you'd been worked over by a horde of Valkyries upon awakening.

Since you did not report any lingering fatigue, soreness, or pain, one can assume your secret is still safe.

:)

W1GUH
10-23-2011, 06:50 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

WØTKX
10-23-2011, 07:01 PM
MmmmmMmmmMmmMmmm Valkrie Chicks!

http://www.bolgernow.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/dancing-lebowski.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_S6OLmER6yq8/TPfNq__8qFI/AAAAAAAAB9s/VWbJ6OSiL2k/s1600/lebowski-dream.jpg

W1GUH
10-23-2011, 08:13 PM
So THAT's who it was. Mmmmmm.....

ka4dpo
10-24-2011, 12:57 PM
I have always been puzzled as to why the the gizmo they use to look in your stomach is called an ENDOscope. The word ENDO is self descriptive. As for the PROCTOscope (that just doesn't sound right) I am about due for one. The last time I had one they used Vallium and it was fine. I didn't remember anything except waking up in a good mood which is scary considering some guy just reamed my butt with fancy garden hose.

At least the Doc was kind enough to write a note to my wife explaining that he did not find my head up there.

For those with a strong constitution here is some video of the procedure.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ljimages283_123mycrib/6276809053/

KG4CGC
10-24-2011, 01:08 PM
http://sclick.net/new-gadgets-2/cool-usb-gadgets-diy-usb-colonoscopy-kit-new-cool-technology-usb-gadgets.html