PDA

View Full Version : Dumbing Down of Sports

n2ize
10-16-2011, 07:06 PM
I was talking to a couple of soccer players today and they were telling me how they are sick of these rules in soccer and other sports that are turning what were once men's games into girls games. At the rate things are going the only real men's games we'll have left are rugby and lacrosse. Even boxing has some new and stupid rules that dumb the game down.

KG4CGC
10-16-2011, 07:53 PM
Extrapolate.

NQ6U
10-16-2011, 08:12 PM
Judging by the jocks I've known in the past, I can't see how sports can possibly get any dumber than they already are.

KG4CGC
10-16-2011, 08:16 PM
Judging by the jocks I've known in the past, I can't see how sports can possibly get any dumber than they already are.
"He was not only top notch as an athlete but a top notch student too. Straight C's in every subject!"

n2ize
10-16-2011, 09:53 PM
People watch a game they want to see a player allowed to bump another player or to make an aggressive move without a penalty. people want to be able to see a player interact with the crowd, toss them a ball, give them an autograph , etc. This politically correct dumbing down is turning a men's game into a girls game.

KG4CGC
10-16-2011, 10:05 PM
People watch a game they want to see a player allowed to bump another player or to make an aggressive move without a penalty. people want to be able to see a player interact with the crowd, toss them a ball, give them an autograph , etc. This politically correct dumbing down is turning a men's game into a girls game.
This has always been the case with sports. Fans can be crybaby little girls. Nothing new, just the faces.

kc7jty
10-16-2011, 11:01 PM
exactly

Dumbing Down of Sports (http://forums.hamisland.net/showthread.php?19232-Dumbing-Down-of-Sports)

Oxymoronic concept right there

KB3LAZ
10-16-2011, 11:35 PM
Hell yeah, add some knives to the end of the sticks and slash some throats to make it a mans game. As far as political correctness is concerned, it has become part of everything else in life sadly. Why should sports be exempt?

W1GUH
10-17-2011, 11:29 AM
And then there's this...

Football player dies from head injury sustained during game (http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/Football-player-dies-from-head-injury-sustained-?urn=highschool-wp7202)

Freak accident? Illegal hit? Pre-existing condition? Darwin award candidate?

KG4CGC
10-21-2011, 12:46 PM
Here ya go.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-10-20/ucla-arizona-brawl-ejections-shaquille-richardson-taylor-embree?ncid=webmail21

n2ize
10-21-2011, 02:25 PM
This has always been the case with sports. Fans can be crybaby little girls. Nothing new, just the faces.

yeah, but they've got rules in soccer now where a player can't even sign the ball and give it to a fan. Or shake a kids hand.

KG4CGC
10-21-2011, 02:29 PM
yeah, but they've got rules in soccer now where a player can't even sign the ball and give it to a fan. Or shake a kids hand.And all that has nothing to do with dumbing down. :wink: