PDA

View Full Version : Some positive news for me lol

PA5COR
10-11-2011, 02:05 AM
http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2010/10/dutch_pension_system_best_in_t.php

The Dutch pension system is the best in the world, scoring high marks for participation, the size of the payouts and its sustainability, according to research by Melbourne University and financial advisory group Mercer, quoted by the Volkskrant (http://www.volkskrant.nl/vk/nl/2680/Economie/article/detail/1035161/2010/10/20/Nederlands-pensioenstelsel-beste-ter-wereld.dhtml).

The Dutch combination of the state pension and corporate pension also guarantees workers an income equivalent to their average earnings when they retire. Some nine out of 10 workers have a corporate pension, the research shows.
And the fact that pension funds are now under fire means the Netherlands is at least looking for a solution to the problems, the researchers say. Other countries are closing their eyes to the long-term situation.
'This is proof the Dutch system is well put together,' Willem Brugman, director of pensions at Mercer told the Volkskrant. 'In countries such as France, little has been saved and they cannot adapt. That will be untenable.'
Dutch pension funds have been under attack in recent months because their asset ratios have fallen below the official limits. This means technically they do not have enough assets to meet their obligations.
The new government is planning to increase the state pension age from 65 to 66.
Actually it is to 67 in 10 years time.
I'm still retiring at 65.

kc7jty
10-11-2011, 03:16 AM
If you lived here, Wall Street would figure a way to get your pension as well as have the majority of your goon countrymen cheering them in doing it.

PA5COR
10-11-2011, 03:33 AM
Keep your Wall Street, it has done enough damage here.

My paid in ( 50 years when i'm 65) state pension and my personal pension paid in privately plan seem to be save.
For the time beeing then...

kc7jty
10-11-2011, 03:44 AM
​good luck

n2ize
10-11-2011, 08:56 AM
Keep your Wall Street, it has done enough damage here.

My paid in ( 50 years when i'm 65) state pension and my personal pension paid in privately plan seem to be save.
For the time beeing then...

You mean you won't trade your pension system for ours ? How about trading your healthcare system, etc. for ours ? , Oops, I forgot, we don't have a health care system.. :)

PA5COR
10-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Our healthcare system costs us enough, no free cookies here, though available for all, every person of 18 and up pays 100+ Euro an month for it.
Because we all pay in the relative costs per person are low, and we do provide excellent healthcare for 1/2 the money compared to the USA.
But it is not a free cookie.
Same as unlimited time unemployment benefit, or like me getting (partial) benefit for not being able to do my old job healthwise, i paid in that fund since i was 15 and started doing serious part time work and pay my own way through schools.

But then we are Godless ultra left wing commies anyway what do we know?:mrgreen:

W3MIV
10-11-2011, 11:10 AM
But then we are Godless ultra left wing commies anyway what do we know?

You forgot "pot-smoking."

NQ6U
10-11-2011, 11:17 AM
You forgot "pot-smoking."

Well, of course he forgot. We all know what reefer does to short-term memory.