PDA

View Full Version : Domain Registrars

W4GPL
09-25-2011, 08:14 AM
Which domain registrar do you use?

I recently moved all my domains from GoDaddy to Name.com. I primarily chose name.com because I know many of their employees and have drinks with them on a regular basis. They're also no-nonsense, simple technical interface, no constant attempt to upsell. What's particularly frustrating is the process of moving all 27 of my domains to name.com took a total of 6 months! GoDaddy does everything possible to deny your transfer request, including a 60 day ban on transferring any domains that have their whois record updated (which includes turning off private registration). This is in direct violation of ICANN's policy -- http://www.zdnet.com/blog/perlow/godaddy-still-violates-icann-policy-and-still-sleazy/18518

I know it's stating the obvious, but no matter how good GoDaddy's prices are, stay the fuck away. They'll own you.

If any of you happen to experience any weird DNS issues with HamIsland, please let me know.

NQ6U
09-25-2011, 11:44 AM
GoDaddy is famous for that kind of stuff. I don't currently have any domains registered but if I were ever to do so, I would use just about any other registrar other than them.

N1LAF
09-26-2011, 09:43 PM
I use XO, not the cheapest, but is solid, responsive, and does what I need to do. Supports Domain aliasing, some apps. Never had a problem with XO.

n2ize
09-28-2011, 02:37 AM
Domain registration should be free. !!

n6hcm
10-06-2011, 03:57 AM
Domain registration should be free. !!

it used to be. i made a cool $50k that way.