PDA

View Full Version : I gotta me a gnu toy!!!!

W7XF
09-24-2011, 11:31 PM
I am now the proud daddy of a spanking new MacBook Pro!!!!! And this time around, I partitioned the HD and ran Boot Camp to enable Win 7 (I know...sacraligious... but I have trucking apps that only run on Windoze, and have no Mac equivalents. But, this does get one computer out of the truck xD BTW OS X Lion RAWKS!!!

NQ6U
09-25-2011, 01:02 AM
Typing on a MacBook Pro here, too. I have a Linux partition on it and the computer in my shack runs XP (for HRD) but otherwise I've been using Macs almost exclusively—that is, whenever I need to get actual work done—for over twenty years now.

WØTKX
09-25-2011, 07:39 AM
I keep looking at Mac Minis. Neat little box.

W4GPL
09-25-2011, 07:43 AM
Instead of dual booting, you may want to consider just doing VirtualBox. That way you don't have to reboot every time you need to access your Windows applications. VirtualBox allows you to run other operating systems within a window on your desktop.

Macs are pretty nice, I have one at work, but I run Fedora on it.. Though if I was to setup a new shop, I'd be a 100% iMac/MacBook shop.

Lion has some pretty serious regressions with search domains, 802.1x, MIT's Kerberos (they use their own janky stuff now), and other authentication issues. This was a big oops! too.. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/08/26/mac_osx_lion_security_hole/

W4GPL
09-25-2011, 07:44 AM
I keep looking at Mac Minis. Neat little box.Me too. They make a really neat and clean media box for your living room.

WØTKX
09-25-2011, 08:21 AM
Well, neat and clean is not a lifestyle choice me, I prefer a level of comfortable clutter. :lol: