PDA

View Full Version : Hanging Out

n2ize
09-24-2011, 05:40 PM
Did any of you have any good local hangouts when you were in your young and delinquent years ? We had one in a lot between a nearby park and the railroad tracks. We dug and installed beach coolers under the ground with only the kid level with the surface of the ground. Each cooler was capable of holding a lot of beer, among other things. Nice thing about it was that the coolers could be covered with leaves, twigs and dirt to make it hard for the cops (or anyone else) to find them. It also had several escape routes so if the cops closed off 1 or 2 routes there was a third, 4th, and 5th way out. It was also very secluded and very hard to spot from any of the nearby roads. Some of the best heads in town hung out there.

Another great hangout (although not nearly as elaborate) was a dimply lit vacant parking lot behind a warehouse. Not very well secluded or elaborate but some of the best drunks, stoners, freaks and heads hung out there.

One local guy had a hangout that was actually under an enclosed and busy train platform next to the middle track at one of the local stations. The unique thing about this hangout is that he had electricity. He tapped into the wires that fed the platform lights. They could run a TV down there, a small refrigerator, a fan in hot weather or a heater when it was freezing. Plus there was ample space to store beer, booze, drugs, etc. One day the railroad cops discovered it and the hangout was evicted. But is lasted for well over a year before they figured it out.

Earlier this summer I got a call from an ex-juvenile delinquent friend who is now living in Florida. She said she is planning to come to New York and would like to get together with me and an few others for lunch or dinner. She claims to have settled down in her old age but, she still sounds pretty wacky to me. I think she is still looking for kicks.

So, does anyone else out there have any stories to reminisce about . Kids were so much more innovative back then when it came to such things. Anyone have any stories about great places you hung out back in the 60's, 70's and 80's ?

n2ize
09-24-2011, 08:08 PM
So ?? Nobody ever hung out ?

K7SGJ
09-24-2011, 09:21 PM
So ?? Nobody ever hung out ?

Once, but I got busted for false advertising.

N7YA
09-26-2011, 02:12 AM
I stood at a urinal the other day.