PDA

View Full Version : Back on Firefox

kc7jty
09-23-2011, 09:36 PM
Been having a lot of weird chit happening the last few weeks using chrome. Might even be the reasons some of my compositions for posting here get zapped.
Back on Firefox now. She's like an old lady compared to chrome, but if she does the job.....

kb2crk
09-24-2011, 02:52 AM
still using chrome here with no issues.

kc7jty
09-24-2011, 11:24 PM
FF seems to be working fine although noticeably slower. The last straw with chrome was having to type the first letter of most of my comments on FB, twice.

W7XF
09-24-2011, 11:32 PM
Is there any other browser OTHER than Firefox that is worth a shit?

kc7jty
09-24-2011, 11:40 PM
I was happy with chrome for about 6 months, even with the initial oddities, like the pop up description bars on mouse hover covering the spot I wanted to click.
Chrome is quite noticeably faster than FF.

NQ6U
09-25-2011, 01:06 AM
Your experience with Chrome pretty much echoes my own. I also switched back to Firefox even though it's a bit slower—too many irritating idiosyncrasies with Google's browser effort.

suddenseer
09-25-2011, 03:25 AM
Either system beats IE any day of the week.

WØTKX
09-25-2011, 07:38 AM
Well, there is Opera and Safari. Just saying.

I like Chrome. It crashes sometimes, usually a Flash idiosyncracy. However I use IE, Chrome, FF, and Safari. Sometimes all at once, so I can have multiple issues with multiple browsers.

W4GPL
09-25-2011, 07:50 AM
I find Chrome to be pretty stable.. are you all running the stable or beta version? I'm running the beta version, there are updates almost daily.. they're always tweaking/adding/changing -- if you are patient & understanding (a tall order for the OP), there is something to be said for being part of a community that is rapidly developing new features. When you think you've discovered a bug, report it, don't complain to a group of people who can't do anything about it. :P

I use a lot of Google apps, Gmail/Docs/G+ and Chrome does work much much better with their own stuff.. obviously.

W3MIV
09-25-2011, 08:22 AM
I have tried them all I think. I keep coming back to FF, though I am irritated by their "accelerated" update policy which seems to involve pushing a new version on me every few minutes -- well, maybe that is a bit of an exaggeration, but too frequently for my wants. I have an array of add-ons I like and depend on and the updates often render them hors d'combat for varying periods.

Don't like Chrome after struggling to use it for a while. I like Safari, but am not sure it is really Winnderized fully (I am not on a Mac). IE9 works all right, but is not as versatile as FF.

Perhaps it is just that I am so acclimated to FF that the others are being unfairly judged. Ye pays ye money and takes ye choose.

NQ6U
09-25-2011, 11:53 AM
Chrome and Safari are both based on Apple's open source WebKit HTML rendering engine (which was forked from KHMTL) but I found the Mac version of Chrome to be almost unusable. The Windows version was stable enough but it would just do weird things all too often and I finally abandoned it for FF.

kc7jty
09-25-2011, 03:31 PM
Either system beats IE any day of the week.

IE is like eatin sh*t. I have to use it to play hold 'em poker on msn games.

Another chrome pita is Ghostery only lasts there for about two weeks then it mysteriously vanishes. Ghostery was alive and well on FF when I went back to it a couple days ago after a 6 month period of inactivity.

suddenseer
09-25-2011, 03:46 PM
IE is like eatin sh*t. I have to use it to play hold 'em poker on msn games.

Another chrome pita is Ghostery only lasts there for about two weeks then it mysteriously vanishes. Ghostery was alive and well on FF when I went back to it a couple days ago after a 6 month period of inactivity.My FF Ghostery is fired up, and current.

kc7jty
09-25-2011, 04:07 PM
another chrome pita is you must use the new Yahoo mail which sux. I have the old classic again with FF.