PDA

View Full Version : Sofa King

W1GUH
09-23-2011, 09:46 AM
(Inspired by the Chinese translator thread)

Here's something to repeat out loud.

Iam
Sofa King
Wee
Todd
Did

KG4CGC
09-23-2011, 01:30 PM
Oh
Wa

Ta
Goo

Siam.

And Sofa King is FCC approved.

W1GUH
09-23-2011, 01:33 PM
Oh
Wa

Ta
Goo

Siam.

And Sofa King is FCC approved.

Learned that one as...

Oh
Wa

Ta
Na

Siam

Good stuff. The order of Siam!

NA4BH
09-23-2011, 01:40 PM
Did you get a new couch?

HUGH
09-23-2011, 02:12 PM
Where's me fork and knife?

W3MPS
09-24-2011, 05:54 PM
Lol! Brings back memories of my misspent youth. Did anybody on here listen to the 98 Rock morning show on 97.9 FM out of Baltimore, MD?

Great stuff. The Kingdom of Fah's iron fisted monarch, the Fah King, then there was Sofa King sofas, "It's Sofa King good." and Larry the Cable Guy, back when he was a cable guy who called in to the morning show and just ranted and raved about all kinds of crazy and funny stuff.

Quite political if I remember correctly. "What the hell is this, Russia?' was his original trademark phrase, not the "Git 'er done!"

WØTKX
09-25-2011, 08:51 AM
I almost crashed my car laughing at a radio parody of a preacher years ago, the DJ almost got fired. It was a fake "interview", and there was a discussion of improper donations from "ladies of the nght", and other "subjects" of ill repute. The punch line was repeated over and over:

"That makes me pound my pulpit!"

W3MPS
09-25-2011, 10:19 PM
I almost crashed my car laughing at a radio parody of a preacher years ago, the DJ almost got fired. It was a fake "interview", and there was a discussion of improper donations from "ladies of the nght", and other "subjects" of ill repute. The punch line was repeated over and over:

"That makes me pound my pulpit!"

Good Stuff! Back when FM broadcast radio was actually entertaining, not this homogenized, over processed drivel that they try to pass off as professional broadcasting.

But, what do you expect when Clear Channel and only three or four other companies own the whole broadcasting area. I can think of four stations that all sound the same. Sure they might be different music genres, oldies, classic rock, rock, and country. But the format is the same, all the DJs have the same schticks and gimmicks, hell, they even tell the same damn jokes. It's as if there is a corporate standardized operating procedures. "You will make a stupid comment along these lines to make light of the news, current pop celebrity, etc...." Why, you might ask? "Because we have done in depth research and determined that 51.634% of the market audience finds this funny. Therefore, this is the company approved way for doing your broadcast segment. Follow it or you're fired. Have a nice day."

Ok, rant off, back on topic.

One day the Kingdom of Fah found its self at war with a neighboring country. The King was on the verge of making a tactical blunder when one of his generals pointed it out and asked him, "Are you out of your Fah King mind?"

I used to record these segments for later amusement, but I seem to have lost that box of cassettes.

W0TKX, what the heck is your avater? It looks like a dude with a carrot for a head leaping out of a petri dish.