PDA

View Full Version : I need to get a handle on things

N8YX
09-21-2011, 11:30 AM
Specifically, some of my rack-mount gear has oval aluminum handles which must be replaced due to wear and damage. A pic of what I need is shown below; I bought the last four which Surplus Sales had but need a few more pairs. They're 4.5" c-c and 1.5"h; a P/N of "SRS MP0011" was found but is coming up blank in searches.

Anyone know where to get these?

W1GUH
09-21-2011, 11:45 AM
"Vandals take the Handles?"

Bob Dylan

I got a couple of love handles, but don't think I can mail them.

WØTKX
09-21-2011, 11:57 AM
Perhaps?

http://www.keyelco.com/products/prod33.asp?SubCategoryID=54

ab1ga
09-21-2011, 08:29 PM
Surplus Sales still has the items for sale, is there some reason you don't want to buy from them again?

This is a long shot, but Stanford Research Systems equipment had rack mount kits which consisted of "ears" which attached to the sides of the case and then black anodized handles would bolt to the ears. The part number may be for the handle only, not the whole kit, which is why it won't show up in catalogs.

They still exist, and a phone call may be the fastest way to get an answer. In my experience, SRS folks were very friendly, but I doubt they'll sell you replacements for as little as Surplus Sales would, but you never know.

Good luck and 73,

N8YX
09-22-2011, 05:34 AM
Surplus Sales still has the items for sale, is there some reason you don't want to buy from them again?

I bought S-S out! Ordered 6 - they called and told me there were only 4 in stock. So the units on-hand are in transit. Need a few more sets to finish up some restorations I'm doing.

This is a long shot, but Stanford Research Systems equipment had rack mount kits which consisted of "ears" which attached to the sides of the case and then black anodized handles would bolt to the ears. The part number may be for the handle only, not the whole kit, which is why it won't show up in catalogs.

They still exist, and a phone call may be the fastest way to get an answer. In my experience, SRS folks were very friendly, but I doubt they'll sell you replacements for as little as Surplus Sales would, but you never know.

Good luck and 73,
So that's what the SRS stands for. Excellent...and thanks!