PDA

View Full Version : DC-4 recapping done....

W1GUH
09-21-2011, 08:34 AM
Well, almost. I was all done and all the voltages had checked out OK. But I just hadta do one final check -- watch the bias change as I turned the pot. Murphy finally got his chance to do mischief. He bumped my elbow and I shorted the center terminal on the pot to ground, blowing out the pot. No biggie, really, I've got a spare in a basket case DC-3.

I've got pix of the job available if anyone's going to be doing this in the future. I've posted them "over there", but if you're allergic to "over there" I can post 'em here, too.

Yea!!!!!!!! Real AM in the car!!! First, with the TR-3 (Pay no attention to your dancing S-meter), then with the

TA-DAAAA

G-76!!!!

N8YX
09-21-2011, 08:41 AM
Sweet!

I remember the Handbook's construction articles which detailed various mobile160 and 75M AM transceivers. Would be nice to update the designs a bit and build one for fun.

W1GUH
09-21-2011, 08:47 AM
Sweet!

I remember the Handbook's construction articles which detailed various mobile160 and 75M AM transceivers. Would be nice to update the designs a bit and build one for fun.

160 is why I've got two AF-67's. There's something magical about running mobile plate-modulated AM on 160!