PDA

View Full Version : Open thread...what are you working/hearing?

N7YA
09-21-2011, 02:57 AM
Lets see if this works...like DX Summit, but with jokes. Sort of a way to keep a few other similar threads on track with their original intent.

Tonight is rough, but im hearing lots of good DX (EU, Northern AF), but im just not reaching them...what are you getting?

W3WN
09-21-2011, 07:54 AM
After everyone left last night (Little Miss Field Day had her Confirmation, and of course, we had to have a small reception afterwards...) I spent a little time in the shack. Don't have my log in front of me right now, but I worked a few EU stations on 80, 40, and 30 before I nodded off.

NQ6U
09-21-2011, 09:09 AM
Same deal here last night—I was hearing Spain, Eastern Europe and South America but no one seemed to be able to hear me.

N7YA
09-21-2011, 03:39 PM
Today, 15 is offering up some goodies in the middle east...nice to hear signals out there again. But now my wife wants to go to lunch, so they have to wait until tomorrow.

N8YX
09-21-2011, 05:09 PM
People QRMing 313.

Is Laura on vacation? There sure are a lot of tape players present on the frequency these days.

VE7DCW
09-21-2011, 06:19 PM
People QRMing 313.

Is Laura on vacation? There sure are a lot of tape players present on the frequency these days.

There's your entertainment ...... I'm hearing the same thing,great Arnold Schwarzeneggar outtake recordings,a computer generated voice announcing "the pedophile alert system",and I'm also hearing an air raid siren recording being used to jam VE7KFM and N4TAT.I'm a believer that Laura Smith of the FCC is sitting back enjoying the fun and frolics of 14.313....... pretty sure she could'nt do anything about the situation at all

:yes:

K7SGJ
09-21-2011, 07:04 PM
But, but, but, can she handle a corndog?

WØTKX
09-21-2011, 08:24 PM
You mean Karol the Korndog?

I heard that crap too. Sounds like a bad night on 3840.

N7YA
09-21-2011, 09:48 PM
That shithole group is still up and running? The only contact i made with any of those people was Dan, W4NTI...and hes dead now! It was also on CW, far from the garbage. I dont give them a thought.

Bands are open yet again...10 to 80!

W3WN
09-22-2011, 10:41 AM
BTW, I should be home, alone, most of tomorrow evening (someone gave me two tickets to the Pirate game, so I'm sending YF2 & LMFD... I don't need another T-shirt anyway, plus we have tickets to Saturday & Sunday already), so I'm open to skeds.

N8YX
09-22-2011, 11:14 AM
BTW, I should be home, alone, most of tomorrow evening (someone gave me two tickets to the Pirate game, so I'm sending YF2 & LMFD... I don't need another T-shirt anyway, plus we have tickets to Saturday & Sunday already), so I'm open to skeds.
What do you have up for 40 and 75M? Those are the only two bands which I think will work for us.

W3WN
09-22-2011, 01:21 PM
What do you have up for 40 and 75M? Those are the only two bands which I think will work for us.Butternut HF6V and a half-arsed inverted "L" (almost an end fed inverted "V") that needs more radials.