PDA

View Full Version : Ham Island Mobile Edition?

KA9MOT
09-20-2011, 06:52 PM
Any Adroid coders here? I belong to a Ford F-150 forum and they have a mobile edition that I use allot. Anybody here capable of doing the same thing for the Island?

W4GPL
09-20-2011, 07:31 PM
In theory, the mobile theme should automatically happen when you access the site with an Anroid. Is the F-150 forum an "app"?

KA9MOT
09-20-2011, 07:54 PM
Yes, it is an App. And I think that is what I meant. I have visited this site and it does have a mobile theme. I meant an app. It is easier wit the App to move around.

Here is the site I'm talking about.

http://www.f150forum.com/

KC2UGV
09-21-2011, 06:54 AM
In theory, the mobile theme should automatically happen when you access the site with an Anroid. Is the F-150 forum an "app"?

Lot's of forums (AndroidForums.net, for example) have a purpose built app, that allow smoother access to the many features there that get obscured by the mobile theme.

From what I gathered, at AndroidForums, they had to contract it out to a team.

WØTKX
09-21-2011, 11:23 AM
There is an iPhone App for vBulletin, but it costs money to put it on the website.

KA9MOT
09-21-2011, 11:17 PM
Lot's of forums (AndroidForums.net, for example) have a purpose built app, that allow smoother access to the many features there that get obscured by the mobile theme.

From what I gathered, at AndroidForums, they had to contract it out to a team.

That sounds like it could get expensive. My only real problem with the mobile addition is that I can read, sign in, but not post. It gives me the box but won't let me add text to it.

W7XF
09-23-2011, 01:25 PM
Personally, I force IOMH to go to full site on my 'Droid. The mobile site just doesn't appeal to me, mainly due to lack of many full-site functions.