PDA

View Full Version : Defending 2011 Champions of mens basketball will start off in top 5 this year

N1LAF
09-17-2011, 06:56 PM
The reigning NCAA Men's Basketball champions will start this year in the top 5, and are strong candidate for the next final four, despite losing star Kemba Walker.

In the past month top rated recruit committed to UConn to play this year. His name is Andre Drummond, 6' 10", 275 lbs, wing span of 7.5 feet, and ranked in the top two in the country(#2 in ESPNU100).
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/class/2011/order/true

UConn also has two more solid players this joining this coming year, Ryan Boatright and DeAndre Daniels

Scouting report:

Drummond: Where to start? Few players in America (pro or college) have combination of size, athletic ability and skill that he possesses.
Daniels: He is definitely one of the elite scorers in the country and has that special knack to score in a variety of ways.
Boatright: Super quick with the ball. He has the ball on a string. Boatright can get anywhere he wants on the floor with the ball. He challenges taller players at the rim and can finish over or around them.
http://espn.go.com/colleges/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/41/class/2011

These are great additions to an already talented team. It is going to be a great season this year!

N1LAF
09-23-2011, 02:46 PM
What the heck is going on with College Basketball? Not only is Syracuse and Pittsburg applying for the ACC, UConn is entertaining the same. This is after the defection of Boston College, VA Tech, and Miami. The Big East is in self-destruct mode....

W3MIV
09-23-2011, 02:52 PM
Bread and circus.

ad4mg
09-23-2011, 04:22 PM
What the heck is going on with College Basketball? Not only is Syracuse and Pittsburg applying for the ACC, UConn is entertaining the same. This is after the defection of Boston College, VA Tech, and Miami. The Big East is in self-destruct mode....

$'s. The ACC is the 4th highest TV money whore conference in the nation. Pretty sad, and it ruins all the great rivalries of years past. It's going to cost all of them money in the long run.

NQ6U
09-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Who cares? Really.

ad4mg
09-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Who cares? Really.
Well, it's not for everyone, but I'm crazy about college hoops. I think it has a lot to do with the players being unpaid amateurs, who (for the most part) play for the love of the game. The intensity of the games makes them very entertaining, especially as the tournament approaches.

I also enjoy watching professional baseball, and I live for football season. Any flavor ... local high school, NCAA, pro, it doesn't matter.

While I'm on the subject, I'd sure like to see my Redskins kick some cowboy ass Monday night ... :-D

X-Rated
09-23-2011, 06:55 PM
Well, it's not for everyone, but I'm crazy about college hoops. I think it has a lot to do with the players being unpaid amateurs, who (for the most part) play for the love of the game. The intensity of the games makes them very entertaining, especially as the tournament approaches.

I also enjoy watching professional baseball, and I live for football season. Any flavor ... local high school, NCAA, pro, it doesn't matter.

While I'm on the subject, I'd sure like to see my Redskins kick some cowboy ass Monday night ... :-D

Redskins should do well with that Bears cast off.

ad4mg
09-23-2011, 07:11 PM
Redskins should do well with that Bears cast off.
Nobody ever knows if the good Rex, or the bad Rex will show up. Dallas' defense is going to cause the 'skins plenty of problems.

Our ace in the hole is "Oh, No!" Romo ...:lol:

X-Rated
09-23-2011, 08:06 PM
Nobody ever knows if the good Rex, or the bad Rex will show up. Dallas' defense is going to cause the 'skins plenty of problems.

Lawls. You got good Rex, bad Rex now.

KC2UGV
09-23-2011, 09:01 PM
Who cares? Really.

The same kinds of people who care about scores in ham radio contests :lol:

X-Rated
09-27-2011, 10:13 AM

Congrats to the Redskins for shutting Dallas out of a TD. That was great.

ad4mg
09-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Congrats to the Redskins for shutting Dallas out of a TD. That was great.
Six field goals by a rookie kicker beat the skins. What a legacy.

Dallas made dozens of errors. The skins capitalized on but one. This is not a championship caliber team. We'll finish at .500.

X-Rated
09-27-2011, 02:41 PM
... We'll finish at .500.

Far better than the Bears this year. The bears are staring at another loos to GB and 2 losses to Detroit. Barring intervention from above, they will not make 8-8.

N7YA
09-28-2011, 01:08 AM
Not FB related, but similar...the Senators are going to suck this year. Its a "rebuilding" year. But at least Montreal is 1-5 in the preseason. :lol:

NQ6U
09-28-2011, 01:11 AM
Not FB related, but similar...the Senators are going to suck this year. Its a "rebuilding" year. But at least Montreal is 1-5 in the preseason. :lol:

The Seattle Pilots are going to take it all in 2012.

N1LAF
10-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Andy Katz (ESPN) "If you walked into Gampel Pavilion on Wednesday and watched Connecticut play multiple pickup games, you might have revised your top 25 and put the Huskies at No. 1 instead of No. 3 or 4."
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/blog/_/name/katz_andy/id/7066735/connecticut-huskies-reload-another-national-title-run

HARTFORD, Conn. -- Connecticut coach Jim Calhoun says he has more talent this season than he had on the team that won the national championship in April.

Calhoun made the comment Thursday before a dinner at which the 2010-11 Huskies received their national championship rings.

"We're more talented right now," Calhoun told reporters. "It doesn't mean we're going to win any games. It doesn't mean we're going to win a national championship. I think we can."
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7068710/jim-calhoun-says-connecticut-huskies-more-talent-season

N1LAF
10-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Dick Vitale
(11:34 AM)
I have North Carolina first, Kentucky 2d and Connecticut third. I am going to do an updated list in the next week.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/40544/ncaa-bb-with-dick-vitale

N7YA
10-08-2011, 06:09 PM
The Seattle Pilots are going to take it all in 2012.

The Sens farm club took it all last year, oddly enough. Sens finished 5th from the bottom. The new season just started, they lost the home opener to Detroit...its going to be a long one.

I feel the Sens are going to take it all this year...in a different kind of way.