PDA

View Full Version : On the horns of a dilemma...

W1GUH
09-15-2011, 10:06 AM
Bummer bummer!

The NY QSO Party is the same weekend as Deerfield. What to do? What to do? Can't do both because the Party goes from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM on Saturday. It'll be mid-afternoon by the time I get back to NY State.

X-Rated
09-15-2011, 10:30 AM
I hate QSO parties. Don't ask me.

W3WN
09-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Bummer bummer!

The NY QSO Party is the same weekend as Deerfield. What to do? What to do? Can't do both because the Party goes from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM on Saturday. It'll be mid-afternoon by the time I get back to NY State.That's easy. Run portable during Deerfield, then run mobile on your way home. Cake of piece.

W1GUH
09-15-2011, 10:38 AM
That's easy. Run portable during Deerfield, then run mobile on your way home. Cake of piece.

That's always available, but I've been looking forward to the QP in my home state as one where I want to drive to a rare county and do it seriously. Ah, well...maybe NJ or CT.

W3WN
09-15-2011, 12:38 PM
That's always available, but I've been looking forward to the QP in my home state as one where I want to drive to a rare county and do it seriously. Ah, well...maybe NJ or CT.Oh, believe me, I understand.

The September before we got married, my wife's extended family had a big gathering for Uncle Dan's birthday. Of course, it was the Saturday night of Pa QSO, and yet there was no way around being at the gathering... in Baltimore. So, I ran mobile Saturday afternoon heading down, and mobile Sunday afternoon coming home. It wasn't my usual plans, nor was it up to my usual expectations, but it was fun anyway,

N7YA
09-15-2011, 03:36 PM
I was going to say to run mobile, but Ron beat me to it. :lol:

So then, i must concur, run mobile.

n2ize
09-18-2011, 10:48 AM
Do what any normal AM'er would. Without question...Go to Deerfield.

W1GUH
09-20-2011, 06:18 PM
Do what any normal AM'er would. Without question...Go to Deerfield.

That's almost reflexive. As if I could ever resist! Just wouldn't have the capacity to do so; couldn't be induced to stay away.