PDA

View Full Version : Counterfeit

X-Rated
09-14-2011, 11:50 AM
Yup. I just got notice that they are counterfeiting our product...

Dear Customers;

September, 1, 2011

We hereby inform you that there are fake products counterfeiting our products being sold
in the market in Japan. Those products were neither designed nor manufactured by our company,
but they have a mark similar to our trademark and they look similar to our products (hereinafter
referred to this product as “Counterfeit Product”). We have found those Counterfeit Products that
are actually distributed and causing problems to our customers’ products in which the Counterfeit
Products were incorporated.

Manufacturing and selling the Counterfeit Products certainly constitutes an infringement
of our trademark right and also a breach of the Unfair Competition Prevention Act (Article 2,
Section 1, Item 1). Moreover, the Counterfeit Products may cause serious damages to customers, by
causing problems to the customers’ products and such. We, therefore, cannot disregard this act and
will take tough actions including legal actions against this act.

While taking actions against the Counterfeit Products, we would like you to be fully aware
of the Counterfeit Products in order not to buy the product mistakenly. (Our product can be bought
from KYOCERA Corporation or its agents duly authorized by KYOCERA.

For contact information, please refer to KYOCERA’s website> Products> Electronic Components & Devices> Global Contact:
http://global.kyocera.com/prdct/electro/global.html .) If you happen to buy any Counterfeit Products
or any suspicious product, please contact us immediately. For any inquiry, please send a message
via KYOCERA’s website> Products> Electronic Components & Devices> Inquiries:
https://www3.kyocera.co.jp/form/app/input?region=gl&frmid=elect .
We regret to inform you that we are not able to guarantee the quality of the Counterfeit
Products. Please note that we would not be liable for any claims or damages caused by the
Counterfeit Products you purchased, even in the event of any damages being incurred by you and
your products.

Thank you very much for your understanding and corporation.

Yeah. The English grammar is cool.

Anyway, be on the lookout. You don't want any counterfeits out there.

KC2UGV
09-14-2011, 12:05 PM
Electronics counterfeiting has been a big deal for a few years now... The hell Cisco goes through was documented in an article I read about 2 years ago. Customers buy counterfeit GIC, and then calls Cisco with issues :(

X-Rated
09-14-2011, 12:17 PM
That's exactly what we see. People buy from electronics brokers because they don't like our leadtime and they get these counterfeit components that we have never touched. Then they want us to fix the problems when they see issues. I have written congresscritters on the topic, but they do nothing.

W3WN
09-14-2011, 01:15 PM
That's exactly what we see. People buy from electronics brokers because they don't like our leadtime and they get these counterfeit components that we have never touched. Then they want us to fix the problems when they see issues. I have written congresscritters on the topic, but they do nothing.That's because you forgot to enclose something when you wrote the congressgoniffs. Cash, unmarked, in small non-sequential bills, totalling in the neighborhood of 7 figures.

W2NAP
09-14-2011, 03:28 PM
wouldnt surprise me if the counterfeits come out of china

X-Rated
09-14-2011, 03:45 PM
I am certain of that.

W2NAP
09-14-2011, 08:06 PM
I am certain of that.

thats what all these manufacturers get for moving to china.

W5GA
09-15-2011, 07:34 AM
The funny thing is the counterfeits come out of the same buildings as the real deal, but 2 doors down on the right.

K7SGJ
09-15-2011, 09:19 AM
The funny thing is the counterfeits come out of the same buildings as the real deal, but 2 doors down on the right.

Damn, I thought that was the mens room. Guess I'll have to find somewhere else to take a dump.

X-Rated
09-15-2011, 09:41 AM

No. I don't think so. I didn't see such a place when I was there a few doors down.