PDA

View Full Version : Six meter amplifier for sale..

VK3ZL
09-11-2011, 02:27 AM
Hi all..I have a new 6 meter amplifier for sale..
This unit uses two GI-6B Russian Planar Triodes.
Power output 700 watts for 40 watts drive..More for the adventurer.
Features step start HT supply.
Toroidal HT transformer..Toroidal Filament tranny multi tapped primary..
I use the W4ZT bias circuit on all my amplifiers...Control on front panel to select correct idling current.
PTT control on front panel and remote PTT control from transceiver..
Cooling is two 240volt axial fans mounted directly below tube cathodes and a Papst extraction fan on the top cover..
Tunable T input network for 1-1 vswr..Through vswr 1.2-1..
Circuits and operating instructions..

Amplifier weighs 17.5kg...Dimensions 18 x 17 x 7 inches plus feet .
Postage in two parcels 10kg each...Transformer has to be posted separate..Note, a suitable replacement transformer can be obtained in the US from Antek Inc stock AN-8T800...Price $98US...This will save about $200 in postage.
Price of Amplifier posted air mail less Transformer $1080 AU...

Bob..VK3ZL..

VK3ZL
09-11-2011, 06:47 AM
Just some additional information...Surface mail postage for 10kg to the US is $108..

Bob..VK3ZL..

KG4CGC
09-11-2011, 05:09 PM
http://www.x-rates.com/d/AUD/USD/graph120.html

It's still not a bad price at all considering the quality of craftsmanship.

NQ6U
09-11-2011, 06:08 PM
I'd love to buy it, Bob, but it's way out of my price range. Not that it isn't worth every penny you're asking for it, only that I don't have that many pennies to spend.

VK3ZL
09-11-2011, 06:41 PM
I'd love to buy it, Bob, but it's way out of my price range. Not that it isn't worth every penny you're asking for it, only that I don't have that many pennies to spend.

I really don't really expect anyone to buy it Carl....I have built and sold seven of these this year mainly by request...I put another two together to put myself ahead in case I get another order...This one will go in time...I make very little out of it for my outlay or time...I just build them for the pleasure..Keeps this grumpy old bugger out of mischief..

I am doing a high power GS-35B 6 meter project at the moment for next years SERG homebrew competition....Never tried high power on 6 before..Should be interesting though....Wish me luck... :nuts:

Bob..VK3ZL..

W3WN
09-13-2011, 03:20 PM
Bob, I think I speak (OK, type) for many when I say that if I could right now, I would. Nice job on them though!