PDA

View Full Version : vegan diet plus 3 months.

suddenseer
09-10-2011, 09:04 PM
Well, it's been 3-4 months since I went vegan. I just visited the doc for my 3 month check up. I dropped 50 pounds/3 clothes sizes are now baggy. He took me off the statin drugs for blood high cholesterol. cut the blood pressure meds, and diabetic meds in half. My A1C went from 7.0 to 6.0 in 90 days. He told me, I am his only patient to make remarkable health changes so fast. He said if I drop in weight in the next 90 days, I may be prescription med free. That is my goal. I want to be healthy again. I found that I can eat my way there. I eat more food now than I ever have. I have not been hungry once these 90 days. Carbs are my friend, not my enemy.

KG4CGC
09-10-2011, 09:08 PM
Well, it's been 3-4 months since I went vegan. I just visited the doc for my 3 month check up. I dropped 50 pounds/3 clothes sizes are now baggy. He took me off the statin drugs for blood high cholesterol. cut the blood pressure meds, and diabetic meds in half. My A1C went from 7.0 to 6.0 in 90 days. He told me, I am his only patient to make remarkable health changes so fast. He said if I drop in weight in the next 90 days, I may be prescription med free. That is my goal. I want to be healthy again. I found that I can eat my way there. I eat more food now than I ever have. I have not been hungry once these 90 days. Carbs are my friend, not my enemy.
Fine business OM!
Please keep it up and keep us informed!

kc7jty
09-11-2011, 12:20 AM
So, can you have plenty of olive oil on salads, fried tofu, and such?

suddenseer
09-11-2011, 10:46 AM
So, can you have plenty of olive oil on salads, fried tofu, and such?Yes. I changed the ratio of fresh food/processed foods. The biggest change is daily eating greens, sprouts, mushrooms, veggies, fruits, onions. I found a juicer/extractor at Goodwill for $5. I make a concoction of greens, carrots, celery, broccoli, and slam a 12 oz glass. I have at least 2 salads a day. I make my own dressings from oils, and fruits. I found a bread called Ezekiel Bread. It is complete nutrition, a person could literally live from it and water. I still have wine, and vodka on occasion. I am looking for a second hand dehydrator to make my own veggie burgers from the pulp leftover from the juicer. I cut the processed foods to maybe 20% of my diet. I have been able to cut the pain meds to maybe one day a week, instead of 3 times a day. I even bake vegan cookies, and cakes, and scones on occasion. I have shared them with others, and they all said they tasted the same as egg, and dairy baking. I also have discovered shirataki noodles which are like pasta, and have zero carbs. I still enjoy most of my favorites, and discovered new ones. When a body starts taking in micro nutrients, it starts healing itself.

kc7jty
09-11-2011, 01:23 PM
I'm glad it's working so well for you. I know stir fried tofu and veggies can be as good as any Chinese dish with meat.
I like a good RARE steak with Cabernet but could eat meat less I suppose.
I'm back to 168 (in the buff) after pigging my way up to 175 in Portland a couple weeks ago.
My breakfast since Portland is a P (natural peanut butter) & J (Welch's grape jam) on a (one) very small piece of whole wheat bread with water.

NQ6U
09-11-2011, 01:26 PM
I tried the Vegan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vega) diet but, with the 25 light-year travel time, not only did I have to play way ahead, everything was stale by the time it got here.

WØTKX
09-11-2011, 03:20 PM
I eat my greasy meat in the morning, with eggs.

suddenseer
09-11-2011, 07:04 PM
I tried the Vegan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vega) diet but, with the 25 light-year travel time, not only did I have to play way ahead, everything was stale by the time it got here.You do get around though don't ya?

suddenseer
09-11-2011, 07:05 PM
I eat my greasy meat in the morning, with eggs.Good for hangovers, i hear.

NQ6U
09-11-2011, 07:08 PM
You do get around though don't ya?

Yeah. Sort of like the clap...

W5GA
09-11-2011, 09:05 PM
vegan - indian word meaning lousy hunter. :-)

N7YA
09-11-2011, 11:37 PM
I eat my greasy meat in the morning, with eggs.

This can be read in a number of ways, depending on your level of WTF, of course.