PDA

View Full Version : Zero to pissed off bear in 2 seconds

W7XF
09-06-2011, 05:53 PM
As if this holiday weekend didn't suck enough for me, as I got to spend 3 1/2 days in lovely, picturesque(?) Odessa, TX, at about 0730 CDT this morning, a very mad bear flew out of the sleeper of my truck to find this:
You will see in the 4th picture the RR corner of the flatbed responsible for all of this fiberglass-burger.
Obviously, he failed to check his right-side mirror before making the (unnecessary) right turn into my hood. (He had a straight shot out of the parking lot WITHOUT turning).

So, a night in a hotel before the inevitable rental car, taking all my stuff out of the wrecked truck, and going to get another truck.

(and I just got all my antennas ground-strapped!!!!!!)

What a fscked-up weekend.

n2ize
09-06-2011, 05:55 PM
A bear wrecked the truck ???:-D:-D

W3WN
09-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Ouch!

My sympathies

NQ6U
09-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Freakin' moron. He'd probably be unemployed if it wasn't for the fact that there's a big driver shortage right now. The fact that you were in Odessa, in the armpit of Texas, definitely added insult to injury.

BTW, it's looking more and more like I'm going to be back on the road again before the month is out. Maybe we'll meet up at a truck stop somewhere.

WØTKX
09-06-2011, 07:20 PM
Blessed Bowl Movement! Hopefully not literally. :shifty: :)

Glad you and your radio gear made it, even if the truck didn't.
May Karma provide a comfy rental with a kickass audio system.

KG4CGC
09-06-2011, 07:37 PM
WTF? Are you saying a cop did this?

NQ6U
09-06-2011, 07:40 PM
WTF? Are you saying a cop did this?

Freakin' breeders don't know no gay slang, Kevin...

W7XF
09-06-2011, 07:42 PM
<snip>May Karma provide a comfy rental with a kickass audio system.<snip.

Not to ruin the flow of good karma, but my freekin luck Swift will wind up renting me a freekin Smart car xD

KG4CGC
09-06-2011, 07:45 PM
So I ran back and read it again. A flatbed took off your bonnet probably passing unsafely?
Bear: large hairy gay man
Burger: engorged anus

W7XF
09-06-2011, 07:48 PM
A flatbed forcibly removed the hood of my truck while attempting egress from a truck stop by turning right BEFORE he cleared the nose of my truck.
Bear: Your definition is correct.
Burger: More like ground <insert product here>

WØTKX
09-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Charles, you are a true sophisticate, a man of the world.

Bear? Well, duhhhhh. :rofl:

NA4BH
09-06-2011, 07:49 PM
I know the big thing with burgers is the type of beef... You meant Angus, right? With lettuce, pickles, and the such.........

KG4CGC
09-06-2011, 07:55 PM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=burger
See #5 and connect the dots.

W7XF
09-06-2011, 08:04 PM
:vomit:

KG4CGC
09-06-2011, 08:05 PM
:vomit:
You're not connecting the dots.

W3MIV
09-07-2011, 06:15 AM
The fact that you were in Odessa, in the armpit of Texas, definitely added insult to injury.

You are far more charitable than I.

Sorry to hear of your plight, Kevin. I have noticed a very serious fall-off in the competence of a lot of OTR truckers in the past few years. At least you are OK. And some of the hotdogs we have here humping containers to and from the Port of Baltimore are even worse.

KC2UGV
09-07-2011, 07:38 AM
Damn... So, how long are you off the road?

KG4CGC
09-08-2011, 04:28 AM
Charles, you are a true sophisticate, a man of the world.

Bear? Well, duhhhhh. :rofl:Rusty Who?

suddenseer
09-08-2011, 06:10 AM
Damn Kevin, I hope your ham equipment is ok. I am glad you are apparently ok. Now that my daughter is staying with moi, she can help me get some of my wires back up. Maybe we can hook up on 40M.

w0aew
09-08-2011, 06:40 AM
Sorry to hear you were stuck in Odessa. I was stuck in Crane (about 30 miles away) for most of my young life until Dad got a job in Dallas in 1960.

How bad was Crane? My parents had to drive to Odessa to get my school supplies.

W7XF
09-09-2011, 12:30 AM
Update: Now I'm IN Oklahomo City, in a 2007 Volvo which SHOULD be the Oxford Unabridged Dictionary of the English Language's definition of GHETTO.

But.... the former driver of it was a ham (KD8FZP)...which HOPEFULLY will bring good radio karma!!!!

W9JAM
09-23-2011, 10:18 PM
Sorry to hear about the truck Kevin. Never had that happen while I was driving (Or parked for that matter) Although I have had my share of illegals in Gary Indiana spin out on a wet road and hit my Volvo... And the Nerve of that jerk to hit a perfectly good blue truck!!! What an Idiot!!! Couldn't he of Parked next to a JB Hunt truck instead???

N7YA
09-24-2011, 07:02 PM
I saw a fatality accident on the road to work yesterday. Im just glad you are alright, Kevin. Sorry about your truck, i hope it gets remedied soon.

The drivers in this town are worse than anywhere ive ever seen...ever! Mix arrogant, macho, dumb, impatient, inexperienced, distracted and indifferent...and im not shitting you, THATS what i drive around every day! Douchebags in fake monster trucks, texting housewives in huge SUV's drifting THEN getting mad at someone honking at her to let her know...im serious, the other night, my wife and i were merging, i had two cars in the near lane, one was tailgating the other at 70mph, the guy in front threw a temper tantrum and slammed on his brakes, causing me and everyone else on the freeway at that moment to swerve. I made it through, but i saw headlights behind me rocking back and forth. I hope those two fucking tards got out and beat the living shit out of eachother!

I signal, i let people in, i buckle up, i ignore the phone, i put my seat up and dont treat it like a recliner, i slow down in school/construction zones, if im stuck in traffic i dont freak out and consider my vehicle a weapon of anger-based destruction, i dont fuck with shit in the back seat at 80mph, i never impair myself and get behind the wheel, i make mistakes but i acknowledge them, i stop for red lights and stop signs, ive had one ticket in the last 25 years...and i am all alone in this place!

Fuck! I hate Vegas!

Again, Kevin, sorry to hijack...i needed to vent too, i guess. Its getting worse out there all over, it seems. Be careful, your job is more dangerous than most folks know.

W7XF
09-24-2011, 11:36 PM
Sorry to hear about the truck Kevin. Never had that happen while I was driving (Or parked for that matter) Although I have had my share of illegals in Gary Indiana spin out on a wet road and hit my Volvo... And the Nerve of that jerk to hit a perfectly good blue truck!!! What an Idiot!!! Couldn't he of Parked next to a JB Hunt truck instead???

Jeremiah... go look up Prime Time out of Katy, TX on Safersys... their CSA score isn't pretty xD

And, you're right, he should have turned right into a better truck than mine xD