PDA

View Full Version : It's a buyers market

NQ6U
09-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Getcher used supertanker, only $36 million! Demand is down (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-08-15/supertanker-prices-fall-30-percent-as-low-hire-costs-cut-values.html) due to a glut in ships.

K7SGJ
09-05-2011, 02:44 PM
I got screwed when I bought mine several months ago. I guess I shoulda waited. Who knew? I must admit, it has a nice radio room, and plenty of room for all kind of antennas.

KG4CGC
09-05-2011, 02:51 PM
So, the rental rates are low, demand is down, price per barrel is down and we're paying what they want us to pay based on nothing more than unmitigated greed. Yessir! The Invisible Hand of the Market. Bullshit.

kc7jty
09-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Same with big pharma prices. Good thing you don't need a prescription (maybe I shouldn't talk about his) to get aspirin cause if you did the suckers would be $3.50 a piece if you bought 50 or more.

KG4CGC
09-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Same with big pharma prices. Good thing you don't need a prescription (maybe I shouldn't talk about his) to get aspirin cause if you did the suckers would be $3.50 a piece if you bought 50 or more.
This discussion has been going on since BushI came to power. He is as tied to BigPharm as he is to BigOil. It was speculated that if he had his way, aspirin and vitamin C would be as controlled as any opiate based pain med. He seized on his zeal when he outlawed tryptophan supplements over night. A Japanese company had shipped tryptophan that was contaminated in process during manufacture and some people died over it. It was known after the people died that they died of the contaminant per toxicology reports but Poppy Bush outlawed it anyway. All this was part of the so called, "War on Drugs."

kc7jty
09-05-2011, 06:09 PM
War on everybody else's drugs, but not those of my contributing buddies.

kb2vxa
09-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Speaking of which; what next, Buddy poppies?

WØTKX
09-05-2011, 07:16 PM
Harumph. Bush was a spectacular turkey, so he should have banned himself.

Not due to the tryptophan, but the toxic level of turkey.