PDA

View Full Version : I Hate BANKS!

Jerry
08-26-2011, 09:37 PM
Ok, so I was very frugal the last 7 months and I managed to save a couple of grand up to buy my first new radio.

I probably spent $100 just on long distance telephone calls - asking some old hams which radio they thought would be a good first radio for me.

I went to the bank on Wednesday and put in $720.00 and went to the bank last night and put in $2000.00 and went to the bank today at lunch time and put in my whole pay check - $540.00 and came home and got out the HRO Catalog and made a grocery list - just like being a little kid at Christmas time, and called BOB and gave him my order and when he went to process my card they denied my request.

I have a pile of money in my savings - mid 5 figures and there was no way that my credit is bad. It's a debit card, but either way - it should not have denied my request to spend $1900.00

I came to find out that my deposit on Wednesday will not show up until Saturday and my deposit 8 PM yesterday will not show up until Monday and my paycheck will not show up until Tuesday.

The bank was real eager to have me as a depositor 5 years ago when I put 6 figures into their bank accounts, but now treat me as if I am a peon.

So I guess the thing to do is to wait until the last day of the month when all the checks clear the bank and then close the account.

With Labor day coming up next week - the time frame to get the radio delivered is real close to not happening until next month.
I am really piszed off right now. I'm just shaking my head in disbelief.

This whole episode makes me look like some type of low rent.
Needless to say, I sent a nasty letter to the president of The First Commonwealth Bank in Pittsburgh PA.

For anyone that is looking to switch banks - my warning to you is to not use First Commonwealth Bank for any of your banking needs!

3 months of interest on $33,000.00 added up to $8.00
After taxes = I am probably paying them to keep my money in their bank a lot like Jed Clampett on the Beverly Hillbillies.

N8YX
08-27-2011, 07:32 AM
1) Put money in bank;
2) While waiting for checks to clear, pay for purchases with credit cards;
3) Immediately pay off monthly card statements upon receipt;
4) ...
5) Profit!

n6hcm
08-28-2011, 06:39 AM
funny.

banks place a hold checks presented for deposit until they believe the check has been presented. all banks do this. the hold varies by institution and by customer, and the maximum hold is defined in law. they do this because checks bounce (even payroll checks).

debit cards have transaction limits; these should be identified in your debit card holder agreement (this usually comes in the same envelope as the card). rtfm.

savings accounts in banks pay peanuts. interest-bearing checking is even funnier. that you got $8 is something you should be happy with.

changing banks isn't going to help your situation, but it may hurt it since you will be a *new customer* at the new bank.

w2amr
08-31-2011, 04:34 PM
Needless to say, I sent a nasty letter to the president of The First Commonwealth Bank in Pittsburgh PA.

.Send him one of them pink slips.

W3WN
08-31-2011, 05:44 PM
I guess this all means, no new radio for Jerry...

K7SGJ
08-31-2011, 05:55 PM
Pisser

NQ6U
08-31-2011, 06:30 PM
Powah jehwee