PDA

View Full Version : N8YX - Top Notch Ham

KC2UGV
08-17-2011, 08:08 AM
John (N8YX) sent out a PK-232MBX. It was exactly as described, and the packaging job was superb (I think he has a friend who works in a distribution center :lol: ).

So, no worries about shipping damages if you buy something from him, it WILL arrive without any damage incurred by shipping.

ki4itv
08-17-2011, 08:15 AM
I always wondered about that guy. ;):lol:

j/k...I don't think you could go too wrong dealing with the regulars on this island.

N8YX
08-17-2011, 08:15 AM
So...how well does that thing light up the doghouse you're now sleeping in after violating the "No more ham gear!" policy?
;)

KC2UGV
08-17-2011, 08:18 AM
I always wondered about that guy. ;):lol:

j/k...I don't think you could go too wrong dealing with the regulars on this island.

Yeah, we pretty much know that here, but this forum will come up in a google search for his call :)

So...how well does that thing light up the doghouse you're now sleeping in after violating the "No more ham gear!" policy?
;)

It works enough as a night light :)

N8YX
08-17-2011, 08:24 AM
I had three of those at one time and was intending to send two of them along, but I think I gave another friend a pair.

That unit is slick if you tie an oscilloscope to its rear-panel mark/space lines (accessible via the 5-pin DIN connector) then use the scope as a tuning indicator.

KB3LAZ
08-18-2011, 02:54 AM
John (N8YX) sent out a PK-232MBX. It was exactly as described, and the packaging job was superb (I think he has a friend who works in a distribution center :lol: ).

So, no worries about shipping damages if you buy something from him, it WILL arrive without any damage incurred by shipping.

Yep yep good guy and one who I have had the good fortune of meeting numerous times.

suddenseer
08-18-2011, 04:02 AM
I agree. I had the pleasure of meeting Fred, and DSG in person as well. I was telling him about the radio station i worked at part time.We were discussing the antenna system. I described the daytime/nighttime radiation pattern elements. He told me the dimensions in about 2 seconds. I need a calculator to do that task. Fred has forgotten more radio/electronics than I will ever learn, and I had the old First Phone license with microwave endorsement.

W3WN
08-18-2011, 07:53 AM
OK, I'll chime in as well.

It was a real pleasure having Fred and 'DSG stop by the WASH area at the Breezeshooter's Hamfest 2 years ago & join the gang, albeit briefly, for our lunch cookout. I admit to being disappointed that they couldn't do so this last year, as I was looking forward to it, but I know that they only had a short time & couldn't stay.

Hope to catch up with them at a future hamfest (Skyview is weekend after next, Butler in September, WACOM in November...?)

WØTKX
08-18-2011, 12:34 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.luxist.com/media/2007/08/hamsm.jpg

World's best ham, the one pictured above is from Spain. :mrgreen:

I have also purchased goodies from Fred (John). Glad I did, even though some has not been put to use yet. Cali Dave was on an eastern road trip there and back again, so he played delivery guy... sans the brown uniform w/shorts.

KG4CGC
08-18-2011, 10:05 PM
Fred is very helpful and good to deal with. I recommend him as a top notch seller.

NA4BH
08-18-2011, 10:10 PM
Fred is very helpful and good to deal with. I recommend him as a top notch seller.

Do we get to ride in his tenement on wheels? :rofl:

KG4CGC
08-18-2011, 10:19 PM
The "F" in John F stands for Fred. His moniker of choice.

NA4BH
08-18-2011, 10:22 PM

All Fred's have a tenement on wheels. It's in the Geneva convention. Look it up. :-D

VE7DCW
08-18-2011, 11:21 PM
All Fred's have a tenement on wheels. It's in the Geneva convention. Look it up. :-D

I've read somewhere that this statement is true ......... the internet .....a wonder of the world! :spin:

N7YA
08-22-2011, 09:44 AM
Jeezus! I have to buy something from John now! :lol:

KB3LAZ
08-23-2011, 02:29 PM

Lol the last time I was at breez shooters John, myself and a few others had a conversation about him being referred to as Fred and how in some cases it confuses others. :D