PDA

View Full Version : The guy was a folk hero.

K7SGJ
08-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Remember D. B. Cooper? I remember when he made his famous jump. The general consensus form the public at the time seemed to be that they hoped he got away with it. All he did was rip off a few bucks, and he didn't hurt anyone. Pretty gutsy jumping out of a 727. Although some of the money was found, he never was. Now the have "NEW" evidence. Why can't the FBI leave him alone, and go find the missing 11 year old girl in NH. Saving face maybe?

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Promising-Lead-in-1971-DB-Cooper-Skyjacking-case-126516088.html

KG4CGC
08-01-2011, 12:41 PM
The program Smith, is beyond your control.

KK4AMI
08-01-2011, 02:04 PM
Remember D. B. Cooper? I remember when he made his famous jump. The general consensus form the public at the time seemed to be that they hoped he got away with it. All he did was rip off a few bucks, and he didn't hurt anyone. Pretty gutsy jumping out of a 727. Although some of the money was found, he never was. Now the have "NEW" evidence. Why can't the FBI leave him alone, and go find the missing 11 year old girl in NH. Saving face maybe?

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Promising-Lead-in-1971-DB-Cooper-Skyjacking-case-126516088.html

I think they found that poor girl in the lake.

It is kind of strange how $200,000 seems like nothin' 40 years later. I'll bet the FBI is spending more then that a year to put his legend to bed!

W3MIV
08-01-2011, 02:38 PM
The Cooper case is a major felony. The statute of limitations on hijacking cases is moot, though forty years puts it in a rare category. Cases of this sort sit dormant unless something warrants action. Someone presented the Bureau with some sort of new evidence, and they are bound to follow up on it. Airline hijacking is not the same as stealing a pack of gum.

More to the point, the FBI needs a feather in its cap since the entire federal enforcement system has been under fire and subject to a lot of criticism in the past couple of years. The heat now on BATFE reflects adversely on the FBI, as well. They need something to haul before the public as a "major win."

Worse, Efrem Zimbalist, Jr, is dead.

kb2vxa
08-01-2011, 06:28 PM
What is a zimbalist and what purpose does it serve?

AH! Google always has an answer! These are zimbals and this is a zimbalist.

KK4AMI
08-01-2011, 08:42 PM
No he was an actor in the 60s. A show called "The FBI". That was back when everybody working for the government was still considered a hero. It was a good show.

NA4BH
08-01-2011, 08:46 PM

Or the Efram variety

http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/p/LRG/27/2771/5IKTD00Z/posters/efrem-zimbalist-jr.jpg

We just call him Junior.

KK4AMI
08-01-2011, 09:05 PM
.. he is still kicking too, I think!

NQ6U
08-01-2011, 10:38 PM

That would seem to be the case. He's 92 years old and still around.

K7SGJ
08-01-2011, 10:40 PM

You mean he was hung? (Rope, not apendage)

n2ize
08-02-2011, 02:20 AM

Ypou are thinking of a cymbalist. A person who plays only the cymbals. They are a rare breed.

n2ize
08-02-2011, 02:24 AM

because it doesn;t matter if this case is 1 day old or 500 years old. Justice must be served. We cannot let criminals go free.

My best guess is that the guy probably died. He simply landed in a spot that nobody has discovered the body. Things like this happen. They find the remnants of plane crashes decades after they occurred from time to time with thew skeletal remains of the occupants still within. Usually these are found in rural / remote areas but sometimes things will come down in that one obscure spot not far from a well populated area.