PDA

View Full Version : Guinep

n2ize
08-01-2011, 03:51 AM
The guinep should be out on the stands about now. They are mostly sold in Puerto Rican and Caribbean neighborhoods throughout the area.. I love guinep.

KG4CGC
08-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Malicious bugitus?

n2ize
08-02-2011, 12:20 PM
? ?

KG4CGC
08-02-2011, 12:36 PM
?(?)

NQ6U
08-02-2011, 02:37 PM
?(?)!

n2ize
08-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Nobody knows what guinep is ???

K7SGJ
08-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Yeah, sure. Guinep Paltrow, a cute little blonde, English actress.

ab1ga
08-03-2011, 06:35 PM

Bait not taken, thread twisting in the wind.

NQ6U
08-03-2011, 06:37 PM

It's not that we don't know (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melicoccus_bijugatus), it's that we don't care.

n2ize
08-04-2011, 03:25 PM
I thought this forum was about foods ? So I thought, as a friendly gesture, I would share a food product that I happen to like. I am sorry I wasted my time. If you don't care then why bother to post at all ? I think I am about done with this place. Why should I bother anymore.

KG4CGC
08-04-2011, 03:30 PM
Well, John, you left the door open by not taking more about it in your opening post. I looked it up, found out what it is, but, it is incumbent upon you, IMHO, to say something about it.
Perhaps your first experience with it, preparations, etc etc. Otherwise, most of us are basically let in the dark as to your relationship with the plant.

n2ize
08-04-2011, 03:36 PM
I would probably be better off spending more of my online time on "Physics Forums". At least over there I can serve a useful purpose. And only God knows my true identity there.

KG4CGC
08-04-2011, 03:38 PM
I would probably be better off spending more of my online time on "Physics Forums". At least over there I can serve a useful purpose. And only God knows my true identity there.Suit yourself. You're a grown man.

n2ize
08-04-2011, 06:49 PM
Suit yourself. You're a grown man.

I think this is a great site and I will continue to contribute here from time to time. But probably not as often as I have in the past. Since my online time represents a segment of my life I feel the majority of it should be spent where I can be the most helpful and useful to others and most satisfying to myself. That is why I mentioned "physics forums" as an example (there are other similar online resources in which I participate). Whether it be helping a freshman student with a difficult homework problem, or, sharing an idea with like minded people I feel a greater sense of satisfaction knowing I am applying my best skills and expertise to serve and help others. I only wish such resources were available to me when I was a young JN just starting out. In any event, since I do have the appropriate background and knowledge (and even a bit of experience) I feel almost an obligation to focus the majority of my online time to such endeavors in which I can be of the greatest use.

ki4itv
08-04-2011, 08:00 PM
You'd be missed John.
I always hate it when I take my online friends too seriously.
You have a home here, and I'd hate to think anyone would take that away from you (or me) over a few provocative posts.

Just my two cents.
Peace.

KG4CGC
08-04-2011, 08:56 PM
I think this is a great site and I will continue to contribute here from time to time. But probably not as often as I have in the past. Since my online time represents a segment of my life I feel the majority of it should be spent where I can be the most helpful and useful to others and most satisfying to myself. That is why I mentioned "physics forums" as an example (there are other similar online resources in which I participate). Whether it be helping a freshman student with a difficult homework problem, or, sharing an idea with like minded people I feel a greater sense of satisfaction knowing I am applying my best skills and expertise to serve and help others. I only wish such resources were available to me when I was a young JN just starting out. In any event, since I do have the appropriate background and knowledge (and even a bit of experience) I feel almost an obligation to focus the majority of my online time to such endeavors in which I can be of the greatest use.
Those are all fine things, John.
When I'm here, it's usually to chew the fat, poke some ribs and generally engage in playful banter.
In this specific instance, it really would have been helpful for you to enlighten us further on where you wanted to take this. I didn't have a clue. If you want to teach us about something new, new to us, then teach. Don't leave us guessing.

n2ize
08-05-2011, 10:44 AM
You'd be missed John.
I always hate it when I take my online friends too seriously.
You have a home here, and I'd hate to think anyone would take that away from you (or me) over a few provocative posts.

Just my two cents.
Peace.

I'll play it by ear. We'll see how it goes.

n2ize
08-06-2011, 04:10 AM
Those are all fine things, John.
When I'm here, it's usually to chew the fat, poke some ribs and generally engage in playful banter.
In this specific instance, it really would have been helpful for you to enlighten us further on where you wanted to take this. I didn't have a clue. If you want to teach us about something new, new to us, then teach. Don't leave us guessing.

I figured almost everyone would have heard of Guinep or even tried it at some point. But then again, I am right next to the Bronx (less than 10 minutes away) where it is popular at this time of year due to the diverse ethnic backgrounds in the area. It has been popular around here since I can remember.

KG4CGC
08-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Never heard of it until you made me look it up.

n2ize
08-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Never heard of it until you made me look it up.

Now you know., Bui you don't really "know" til you've tried it. ;)

KG4CGC
08-09-2011, 01:33 AM
I'm feeling old and my belly fur is turning white. Don't make me guess more than I have time for. I've just gotten to where I've been able to see that my life might not have been as bad as I thought it was. If you got something to say, just say it.
As much as I'd like to be here for as long as possible, I may not be granted that option. Life is short. Spit it out