PDA

View Full Version : I Could Not Login Into "The Island".

koØm
07-29-2011, 09:48 AM
Earlier this month while my home internet connection was down waiting for service, I tried out my 3G internet connection on my Android phone, I was able to browse and do other web based stuff except login here at the Island.

I could hit and get into de ZED and Yahoo but no Island!

It seems that the keyboard on my phone doesn't support the symbol Ø "".

Yup, some <mirror>smart-ass</mirror> registered me with the slashed zero in my call instead of the normal "0". I don't know if it was a lack of forethought on my part or, should the slashed zero be available somewhere in the portable computer based communications device?

I like the slashed zero in my Login and would like to be able to login from my phone. As it stands right now, can this be made to happen w/o changing the Login?

WØTKX
07-29-2011, 09:59 AM
I have a similar issue. What I did was copied the slash zero from a web page, and pasted it into the login string. When the vBulletin software was upgraded, I was teased and chastised for using a slash zero, it caused some problems.

But I like the slash zero, so there. It's still a pita to create and edit messages on the iPhone.

koØm
08-01-2011, 09:08 PM
A lot of copy and paste attempts before I got it right.Excuse my brevity, posted from my T-Mobile 'Droid!

WØTKX
08-03-2011, 12:31 PM
It took me a while to get used to the keyboard on the iPhone and even the Winders Mobile based HTC Tilt I used before the iPhone. I used an old school grey scale (B&W) Blackberry before that.All had quirks. But the evolution of the SmartPhone in all it's flavors has been an amusing ride, eh?

NQ6U
08-03-2011, 01:04 PM
It took me a while to get used to the keyboard on the iPhone and even the Winders Mobile based HTC Tilt I used before the iPhone. I used an old school grey scale (B&W) Blackberry before that.All had quirks. But the evolution of the SmartPhone in all it's flavors has been an amusing ride, eh?

Whether you like the iPhone or not, one cannot argue against the fact that it has changed the UI of cellular phones forever. Even the inexpensive "feature phones" are beginning to sport touch screens these days.

W1GUH
08-03-2011, 02:44 PM
So when they gonna make a so-called "smart" phone with a flip lid? My opinion of ideal is a RAZR, just like they used to be but with a bigger screen. Entering text from a keypad can be a PITA but it's OK once you get "good" at it, AND you can do it one-handed.

W3WN
08-03-2011, 02:46 PM
Yeah, but it sure is getting hard to find a phone that's just a phone.

I don't need to take pictures with it. I don't need to surf the web; hell, I'm trying to avoid getting a company assigned Blackberry as it is (I have no need to be on 24x7 call, for one thing). I just want a phone. Period.

And if you get a smartphone these days, you MUST get the data plan. No option to turn that part of the phone off and ignore it. I just saw our cellphone bill jump $30 because the boss got Little Miss Field Day a smartphone for her birthday... I'm not about to see it jump again because I get an unwanted web connection!

W3WN
08-03-2011, 02:47 PM
So when they gonna make a so-called "smart" phone with a flip lid? My opinion of ideal is a RAZR, just like they used to be but with a bigger screen. Entering text from a keypad can be a PITA but it's OK once you get "good" at it, AND you can do it one-handed.The phone designers don't like flip lids. Guess they didn't watch much Start Trek (TOS) as kids.

WØTKX
08-03-2011, 07:15 PM
My personal cell is a Razr. Great phone, for "just a phone". Company pays for the smartphone.

Ya used to get company cars, now ya get company smartphones. With an unlimited data plan.

W2NAP
08-04-2011, 12:00 PM
silly cell phone people. cant beat 4 wire red and green!

W4GPL
08-04-2011, 11:04 PM
Sorry, just seeing this thread for the first time -- I've been every where.. but here.

Do you just want to change it to a regular zero (0) instead of what you have now? That's very easy to accomplish.