PDA

View Full Version : Getting Bugged

n2ize
07-28-2011, 04:21 AM
I had a great experience this evening. I got a bug in my ear. It's quite a wondrous and rare experience that so few of us ever get to enjoy. Almost as good as steeping in dog poop barefoot. What is really fun is when it first gets in there and it's still alive. You feel and hear the little bugger scratching and thrashing around in there. Then it stops for a while and you think it might be gone untill it decided to thrash around again. Eventually it dies and all goes quiet. I guess I'll be trying to flush oit;s corpse out of my ear in a bit. Otherwise, if there is any pain, irritation or complications I'll be seeing the doctor so I can get debugged.

NQ6U
07-28-2011, 10:17 AM
See, that's the advantage of being a truck driver. If a bug should fly into my ear, it just continues on out the other side. There's nothing in between to stop it.

K7SGJ
07-28-2011, 10:23 AM
Consider yourself lucky. It coulda been a humming bird.

W1GUH
07-28-2011, 12:38 PM
That's how they plant 'em now...attached to tiny insects. You reallize that now "they" know everything to say, hear and think, right? Not much you can do about this; it's permanent.

Pity it wasn't a babel fish.

KG4CGC
07-28-2011, 12:44 PM
Careful and judicious use of a small vacuum device. I'd see a doc anyway if you have insurance. Parts fall off bugs as they tend to be brittle. He can flush out your ear with peroxide and give you antibiotics. You can also complain about ear pain.

kc7jty
07-28-2011, 12:52 PM
See, that's the advantage of being a truck driver. If a bug should fly into my ear, it just continues on out the other side. There's nothing in between to stop it.

I've heard several truckers, who spoke from personal experience, mentioning this over the years on the CB.

kc7jty
07-28-2011, 12:58 PM
There is a product called Odicare or some such (not sure if it's over the counter). You put a couple drops of the viscous liquid in before bedtime and the next morning a thick, pasty froth containing anything that was in your ear piles up outside the canal where it can be easily removed.

w3bny
07-28-2011, 01:02 PM
Consider yourself lucky. It could have been a large beetle and you are on a motorcycle wearing a 3/4 or half helmet...WHACKO!

w3bny
07-28-2011, 01:03 PM
There is a product called Odicare or some such (not sure if it's over the counter). You put a couple drops of the viscous liquid in before bedtime and the next morning a thick, pasty froth containing anything that was in your ear piles up outside the canal where it can be easily removed.

Or you can get a very randy spider monkey...either way a thick pasty froth but a very happy monkey

K7SGJ
07-28-2011, 01:06 PM
I can loan you my pressure washer, but it only goes to about 1800 psi.

W1GUH
07-28-2011, 01:06 PM

Breakfast of Champions!

n2ize
07-29-2011, 04:03 AM

The only thing I could come up with was a product called "oticare". But it is for dogs and cats.

n2ize
07-29-2011, 04:08 AM
Careful and judicious use of a small vacuum device. I'd see a doc anyway if you have insurance. Parts fall off bugs as they tend to be brittle. He can flush out your ear with peroxide and give you antibiotics. You can also complain about ear pain.

I'll see how it goes. If I start feeling any sort of discomfort I'll go to a doctore.

W3MIV
07-29-2011, 07:02 AM
Or you can get a very randy spider monkey...either way a thick pasty froth but a very happy monkey

But he may seriously damage the other ear pulling on it while he gets happy.

kb2vxa
07-29-2011, 12:03 PM
Look at it this way, better a bug in your ear than a bug up your ass.