PDA

View Full Version : About the end of the world next year....

W1GUH
07-19-2011, 12:12 PM
The real one that the Mayans tell us about with their calendar. <---SARCASM!!!!!

They talk about this "galactic alignment" and what it could mean for the Earth. None of the stuff I've watched or read about this has mentioned whether or not there are geological records indicating what happened the last time this happened 26,000 years ago. Anyone heard of anything like that?

NQ6U
07-19-2011, 12:36 PM
The real one that the Mayans tell us about with their calendar. <---SARCASM!!!!!

They talk about this "galactic alignment" and what it could mean for the Earth. None of the stuff I've watched or read about this has mentioned whether or not there are geological records indicating what happened the last time this happened 26,000 years ago. Anyone heard of anything like that?

I believe the world ended. Everything since then has just been a collective hallucination by the disembodied souls of the humans who were on Earth at the time.

KC2UGV
07-19-2011, 12:44 PM
I believe the world ended. Everything since then has just been a collective hallucination by the disembodied souls of the humans who were on Earth at the time.

You've been reading Dianetics​ lately, huh?

W1GUH
07-19-2011, 12:46 PM
Have you hugged your engrams lately?

NQ6U
07-19-2011, 12:47 PM
L. Ron Hubbard is the man!

No, not really, it was just something I pulled out of my ass. Is that what Dianetics says?

KC2UGV
07-19-2011, 12:52 PM

No, not really, it was just something I pulled out of my ass. Is that what Dianetics says?

Well, something of the sort. I think it's OTIII where you learn about Xenu snapping up aliens, and dropping them into the volcanoes. After which, they get caught by a ribbon of EM fields, where they are sorted and forced to watch giant movies, then released.

KC2UGV
07-19-2011, 12:53 PM
Have you hugged your engrams lately?

I had an engram once, but it got better. Like the time where the witch turned me into a newt.

W3WN
07-19-2011, 12:59 PM
Well, I'm beginning to really believe that there's some truth in this end-of-the-world-in-2012 stuff.

One of the Signs of the Coming Apocolypse was staring at me in the paper first thing this morning. No, really.

The Pittsburgh Pirates are in first place in the NL Central Division, by themselves, by a half game? What else could this mean?

W1GUH
07-19-2011, 01:00 PM
I had an engram once, but it got better. Like the time where the witch turned me into a newt.

In that case, it's time to pull out the e meter and bone up on the tone scale. Don't worry...you'll be clear before you know it.

Imagine that, thinking of oneself as a Newt. Glad we can help, sir!

KJ3N
07-19-2011, 01:01 PM
Well, I'm beginning to really believe that there's some truth in this end-of-the-world-in-2012 stuff.

One of the Signs of the Coming Apocolypse was staring at me in the paper first thing this morning. No, really.

The Pittsburgh Pirates are in first place in the NL Central Division, by themselves, by a half game? What else could this mean?

That they're about to go on a major losing streak? ;) :stirpot:

W3WN
07-19-2011, 01:06 PM
That they're about to go on a major losing streak? ;) :stirpot:Suprisingly, they haven't yet. In fact, I don't believe that they've lost a series for the past month.

They ought to use Meatloaf as their theme song. You know... 2 Out of 3 Ain't Bad.

NQ6U
07-19-2011, 01:07 PM
Well, something of the sort. I think it's OTIII where you learn about Xenu snapping up aliens, and dropping them into the volcanoes. After which, they get caught by a ribbon of EM fields, where they are sorted and forced to watch giant movies, then released.

Jeeze. That makes even less sense than my collective hallucination story.

KC2UGV
07-19-2011, 01:10 PM
Jeeze. That makes even less sense than my collective hallucination story.

"Want to make real money, start a religion!" - L. Ron Hubbard

There's your "sell out" :)

kb2vxa
07-19-2011, 03:33 PM
"Like the time where the witch turned me into a newt."
Pleased to meet you Mister Gingrich, but how does it feel being a snowball in hell?

NQ6U
07-19-2011, 04:49 PM
"Want to make real money, start a religion!" - L. Ron Hubbard

There's your "sell out" :)

Okay, that's a possibility. I need to come up with a good name, though. Carlism just don't have the proper ring to it.

kc7jty
07-19-2011, 05:07 PM
http://comps.fotosearch.com/bigcomps/CSP/CSP430/k4309619.jpghttp://www.gbarkman.com/morgan/images/mayan350.jpg

These people were screwballs. They sacrificed perfectly healthy young women and yielded to the Conquistadors even though they had them outnumbered 1000 to 1.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41yJKbxx2AL.jpg

They knew their hot sauce though.

KB3LAZ
07-19-2011, 05:38 PM
I am exempt from the apocalypse. I was in line to do some soul stealing but being a lower class demon I was low on the list and I pissed off the higher ups so I will just sit in hell and play with my reanimated toys. Though the bummer is that I will have to feast upon the undead once all of you succulent beings are no more than ghosts of your former selves. Never thought Id envy the succubi. Sigh.

VE7DCW
07-19-2011, 06:01 PM
I'm going to skip this upcoming apocalypse and wait for the next one ........:rock:

KG4CGC
07-19-2011, 07:11 PM
Politicians and the elite are taking it seriously within their own circle. Why do you think the money suck is happening. Massive and multiple underground living quarters designed to keep them alive for as long as is needed, have been built. World leaders and the uber wealthy have had this plan in mind for years. The 2012 apocalypse plays into this perfectly. The worse off the rest of the world is when it happens, the better for them as it will likely wipe us out faster.

Of course, I don't believe any of it, except for the part about all the underground dwellings. Those are real and some people can afford any thing on any scale.

Here's an unrelated link! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/22nd_century

Many tribal cultures believe that we are in the 5th civilization of humankind, (if you want to call it civilization. I use this term to include all forms of society from tribal to modern). Each time man was wiped out (except for the very few survivors) it has been by a single element. Fire, water, earthquake, air etc. This time they think it might be the Sun (direct stripping of the atmosphere from a direct hit from a hugely massive coronal ejection) or earthquakes but everyone has a different answer. I say we are more likely to wipe ourselves out through greed and the cost cutting measures that come with that BUT WHO KNOWS? We could get hit by another giant asteroid at any time and there isn't a thing we can do about it. The earthquake idea comes from the belief that the Earth is an organism name Gia and she will shake us off because we have become "parasites too many."

Anything could happen and at that point, it doesn't really matter anymore. I'm more concerned with what our fellow parasites are doing to the rest of us in the name of preserving their sperm line.

ka4dpo
07-19-2011, 10:17 PM

Not exactly but it definetly comes out of someones ass.....

NA4BH
07-19-2011, 10:21 PM
I had a bean burrito yesterday, I think I shisted some Dianetics this morning. Thought I was gonna die.

ki4itv
07-20-2011, 01:21 AM

Well, I can't help but think it's just like ripping off the next month on the calendar. Unfortunately, when you're writing your calendar in stone. Well, who wants to be flinging giant stones every month?
The Mayan's were just being practical, but in our contemporary minds, that particular stone must be the only calendar they had, right? Of course it is...it is written in stone...We all know how important ideas written in stone must be. Just goes to show how very practical they were, it did outlive their culture by some order of years.

Perhaps, someone should turn the stone over and see whats on the other side?
Just a thought.

KC2UGV
07-20-2011, 07:10 AM
Okay, that's a possibility. I need to come up with a good name, though. Carlism just don't have the proper ring to it.

Manketical Philosophy (TM)

W3WN
07-20-2011, 09:29 AM
< snip >
Just a thought.This space for rent?
Eat at Joe's?
Jack LaLance?
Consider an exciting career in ritual sacrifice and mutilation (send no money now!)?

KG4CGC
07-20-2011, 09:31 AM
Consider an exciting career in ritual sacrifice and mutilation (send no money now!)?
*faded memories of a certain UT*

W1GUH
07-20-2011, 09:32 AM
Well, I can't help but think it's just like ripping off the next month on the calendar. Unfortunately, when you're writing your calendar in stone. Well, who wants to be flinging giant stones every month?
The Mayan's were just being practical, but in our contemporary minds, that particular stone must be the only calendar they had, right? Of course it is...it is written in stone...We all know how important ideas written in stone must be. Just goes to show how very practical they were, it did outlive their culture by some order of years.

Just a thought.

Something about saving on car insurance?

BTW...a quick google turned up stuff that said absolultely nothing happened at the last one. Hope not too many people buy that mansion and/or sports car that they don't expect to be around to pay for!

KJ3N
07-20-2011, 10:05 AM
*faded memories of a certain UT*

Standing by....

KG4CGC
07-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Standing by....:rofl:
:rofl:

ka4dpo
07-20-2011, 12:14 PM
My patented DOOMSDAY shelters are guaranteed to protect you from the end of the world or your money back.

Each shelter comes fully stocked with a six month supply of Spam, Cheeze Whiz, Matzo crackers (in case you're Kosher), and your choice of beer. This covers all of the food groups and provides you with ample nutrition plus, a ready supply of natural gas that can be captured and concentrated using our patented Gas Recovery System. The gas can be used to provide heat and light for your shelter unfortunately your family may choose suicide over the heat and light thing once you open the gas valve. But no matter, you will be protected from the end or we will refund your purchase price of only $250,999.95 with no questions asked.

If you can find a better deal, take it.

NQ6U
07-20-2011, 01:44 PM
Each shelter comes fully stocked with a six month supply of Spam, Cheeze Whiz, Matzo crackers (in case you're Kosher), and your choice of beer. This covers all of the food groups.

Not true. It omits sugar and chocolate.

ka4dpo
07-20-2011, 01:47 PM

Those are included in the optional female food package.

suddenseer
07-20-2011, 04:35 PM

The Pittsburgh Pirates are in first place in the NL Central Division, by themselves, by a half game? What else could this mean?I think they will be the Sports Illustrated cover story next week. Sorry about that.

suddenseer
07-20-2011, 04:43 PM
Politicians and the elite are taking it seriously within their own circle. Why do you think the money suck is happening. Massive and multiple underground living quarters designed to keep them alive for as long as is needed, have been built. World leaders and the uber wealthy have had this plan in mind for years. The 2012 apocalypse plays into this perfectly. The worse off the rest of the world is when it happens, the better for them as it will likely wipe us out faster.

Of course, I don't believe any of it, except for the part about all the underground dwellings. Those are real and some people can afford any thing on any scale.

Here's an unrelated link! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/22nd_century

Many tribal cultures believe that we are in the 5th civilization of humankind, (if you want to call it civilization. I use this term to include all forms of society from tribal to modern). Each time man was wiped out (except for the very few survivors) it has been by a single element. Fire, water, earthquake, air etc. This time they think it might be the Sun (direct stripping of the atmosphere from a direct hit from a hugely massive coronal ejection) or earthquakes but everyone has a different answer. I say we are more likely to wipe ourselves out through greed and the cost cutting measures that come with that BUT WHO KNOWS? We could get hit by another giant asteroid at any time and there isn't a thing we can do about it. The earthquake idea comes from the belief that the Earth is an organism name Gia and she will shake us off because we have become "parasites too many."

Anything could happen and at that point, it doesn't really matter anymore. I'm more concerned with what our fellow parasites are doing to the rest of us in the name of preserving their sperm line.I thought we are going to be clobbered by planet "X", or was it "Y", or "Z"???

W1GUH
07-20-2011, 04:43 PM

Absolute G-D right. The four food groups:

Sugar
Fat
Salt
Alcohol

ka4dpo
07-20-2011, 05:11 PM
Absolute G-D right. The four food groups:

Sugar
Fat
Salt
Alcohol

For a few thousand extra we can throw in Slim Jims, Corn Nuts, and a Slurpie machine but we can't guarantee the Slurpie Machine unless you also purchase our recycled methane gas powered generator set. You will need to chow down on the Spam and Cheeze Whiz for a few days before you'll have enough gas to power it up.

NA4BH
07-20-2011, 05:56 PM
For a few thousand extra we can throw in Slim Jims, Corn Nuts, and a Slurpie machine but we can't guarantee the Slurpie Machine unless you also purchase our recycled methane gas powered generator set. You will need to chow down on the Spam and Cheeze Whiz for a few days before you'll have enough gas to power it up.

Slurpee machine, fax me the contract.

KB3LAZ
07-20-2011, 07:22 PM
Those are included in the optional female food package.

Be sure to provide cultured food so that yeast can be provided to bake bread. o0 ewww

W7XF
07-20-2011, 07:42 PM
Be sure to provide cultured food so that yeast can be provided to bake bread. o0 ewww
Pop Culture????

N2NH
07-21-2011, 12:02 AM
Standing by....

I honestly think that's a mixed blessing. I remember how he melted down when I mentioned that I told the XYL to take the insurance money and have fun and bury me in Potters Field.

That was classic.