PDA

View Full Version : Pastafarians Rejoice!

ki4itv
07-13-2011, 06:27 PM
This guy needs an invite to the island. Ham or not.

An Austrian atheist has won the right to be shown on his driving license photo wearing a pasta strainer as "religious headgear".

Austrian driver's religious headgear strains credulity (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14135523)

:clap::lol:

WØTKX
07-13-2011, 08:23 PM
Arrrrrrrr! That's funny rit there! :rofl:

Actually it's common knowledge that Austrians are crazy.
Just ask any German. All of 'em I've known are nuts. :lol:

NA4BH
07-13-2011, 08:50 PM
Another story about another noodle head. :rofl:

N2NH
07-13-2011, 09:40 PM
Being one with Pasta is an ambitious undertaking. May he always have Beefaroni and Spaghetti O's in his cabinet.

NA4BH
07-13-2011, 09:42 PM
Being one with Pasta is an ambitious undertaking. May he always have Beefaroni and Spaghetti O's in his cabinet.

I do hope your were kneeling with a humble heart when you summoned the great Saint "Boy-R-Dee". :lol:

VE7DCW
07-13-2011, 10:40 PM
I do hope your were kneeling with a humble heart when you summoned the great Saint "Boy-R-Dee". :lol:

Saint Boy-R-Dee ....the patron saint of noodle heads ..... guessed that and i'm not even catholic :agree:

NA4BH
07-13-2011, 10:42 PM
Saint Boy-R-Dee ....the patron saint of noodle heads ..... guessed that and i'm not even catholic :agree:

You were just converted.

N2NH
07-14-2011, 01:05 AM
You were just converted.

I thought that was the Rice-A-Ronians? You know, the Uncle Ben denomination.

http://www.unclebens.ca/ecms.ashx/27ea6c9f-4def-447d-aff7-583114c4f6c7/Products/ConvertedBrandRice.jpg

KB3LAZ
07-14-2011, 02:46 AM
Good now maybe the asshats at the dmv wont make me take off my hat! I mean they want me to be photoed like I normally look right?

Off topic but last weekend was the weekend to be carded, at least for me. Ive not been carded for smokes more than a hand full of times since I turned 15 (yes I know you have to be 18 to smoke but that is not the point). Its weird, kinda like making up for lost time or something. Funny thing is that more often than not I will be carded for smokes before I am carded for beer. Even better than that, walmart cards for nearly everything, including bondo! WTF?

Another rant. Ppl that actually run my ID. Seriously? The sign says no sale before 1992..my ID says 1987. 1987-2007 is 20 years in its own. If you cant figure out that 20>18 then you have issues. So the consensus is that I am over 20 therefore over 18 but no lets run the beat up card 30 times even though it wont go through before manually punching in the numbers that would have only taken you 10 seconds to do the first time. To top it off I buy smokes at 1 of 2 places 99% of the time. The same lady has been selling them to me 1-2 times a day forever now and she still has to card me each time? Alzheimer's! Aside for this past weekend she is like the only person that ever cards me...it grows stale.
/rant

(Im full of rants tonight)

W3WN
07-14-2011, 10:19 AM
If the place had been raided once before... did you know the state cops hire underage high school and middle school kids, to be the actors in a "sting" to see if the store is illegally selling to minors? It's true, film at 11... they will often tell their staff to card everyone, period.

Don't take it personally.

NQ6U
07-14-2011, 12:13 PM
If the place had been raided once before... did you know the state cops hire underage high school and middle school kids, to be the actors in a "sting" to see if the store is illegally selling to minors? It's true, film at 11... they will often tell their staff to card everyone, period.

Exactly right. The same thing happens here in CA; one store I frequent has signs at the register that state "If you are under 40, expect to be carded when purchasing alcoholic beverages."

KB3LAZ
07-17-2011, 03:33 AM

Yeah but its this one person that always cards me but not rcl..grr daily lol. Guess she dont like me. And yes I know they do the little sting things. A friend of mine got a fine and lost her job that way when we were in high school.

KB3LAZ
07-17-2011, 03:37 AM
Exactly right. The same thing happens here in CA; one store I frequent has signs at the register that state "If you are under 40, expect to be carded when purchasing alcoholic beverages."

But that is the funny thing. In this area I swear that they card more often for smokes than booze. More often than smokes they card for glue, fabric paint, bondo, material that may be explicit, etc. I just think they have their priorities screwed up. Not saying its bad to card but the manner in which it is done is simply strange.

And again I make my point that the clerk was incapable of math or simply lazy. Unless there is a fake id ring in my area that I dont know about produced just so teens can by smokes. Add in the fact that if she knew how to run her register that when the card wouldnt swipe she would have known that she could scan it. ;)

ki4itv
07-17-2011, 10:06 AM
Card you for this, card you for that, store savings cards, club cards, and SSN's... the vice database, it grows, and grows, and grows, awaiting the day insurance companies and law enforcement can finally harvest it's bountiful goodness.

I'm busy skewing the results by "forgetting" my store cards when buying things society has issues about. It gets put on the managers card.

kf0rt
07-17-2011, 03:15 PM
Only place I ever get carded for alcohol is at the Renaissance Festival. I tell the cute chicks (all of 'em, at my age) that "I've got socks that are old enough to drink." That usually gets a smile.

All the other places I buy alcohol, I'm just known as "that guy who's sending my kid to school."

kf0rt
07-17-2011, 03:17 PM
Card you for this, card you for that, store savings cards, club cards, and SSN's... the vice database, it grows, and grows, and grows, awaiting the day insurance companies and law enforcement can finally harvest it's bountiful goodness.

I'm busy skewing the results by "forgetting" my store cards when buying things society has issues about. It gets put on the managers card.

I fear there may be some truth in that...

KB3LAZ
07-17-2011, 06:24 PM
Only place I ever get carded for alcohol is at the Renaissance Festival. I tell the cute chicks (all of 'em, at my age) that "I've got socks that are old enough to drink." That usually gets a smile.

All the other places I buy alcohol, I'm just known as "that guy who's sending my kid to school."

Move here, they will card you. They carded my grandfather at the gas station the other day.

W1GUH
07-18-2011, 11:35 AM
When a store cards me for cigarettes, it's always the same old story when I ask, "Do you really think I'm not 18?" The answer is, "My boss makes me card everyone."

I walk out and go elsewhere. There's lots of other stores that have the modicum of judgement to know that I'm old enough.

N2NH
07-18-2011, 03:14 PM
Move here, they will card you. They carded my grandfather at the gas station the other day.

I'm seriously thinking of putting velcro on my forehead and sticking my ID on it when I go to 7-11 for beer.