PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the essurance chick?

W1GUH
07-02-2011, 08:53 PM
She's not in their commercials anymore -- now there's just a couple or three dorks -- but her picture is on the wall. Did she get laid-off or die or something?

Wish she'd off that irritating progressive wench!

WØTKX
07-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Really? Unicorns and Glitter? No?

I like the Flo! I think she's kinda hawt.

But Danielle on American Pickers is even better.

W2NAP
07-03-2011, 09:15 AM

how about NCIS abby and ziva

WV6Z
07-03-2011, 10:43 AM
She's not in their commercials anymore -- now there's just a couple or three dorks -- but her picture is on the wall. Did she get laid-off or die or something?

Wish she'd off that irritating progressive wench!

BLASPHEMY! Flo is THE shit...... I kinda like pale, pasty, Yankee chicks who have either not been out in the sunlight for 10 years, use SPF 1,000,000 products, or are deceased....... or all three of the above.

KG4CGC
07-03-2011, 01:09 PM
She's in a traveling band.
She's coming to your town.
She'll help you party down.
She's in a traveling band.

KB3LAZ
07-03-2011, 07:09 PM

She looks like a cheap hooker. Particularly that lipstick. It screams give me 10$ and ill give you party lines.

KC9ECI
07-04-2011, 05:03 PM
I'd be willing to take a shot at altering Flo's walking stride.

W1GUH
07-05-2011, 10:04 AM
how about NCIS abby and ziva

Way, way out of the essurance chick's and the progressive wench's league. They're actually worth watching!

Re: Flo...

If only she'd keep that irritating trap shut.

W3WN
07-05-2011, 08:23 PM

Wish she'd off that irritating progressive wench!I hear she got injured filming a stunt. Right now, she's drawin' disability. At least until she gets her color back.

KG4CGC
07-05-2011, 08:29 PM
I hear she got injured filming a stunt. Right now, she's drawin' disability. At least until she gets her color back.
See? That there is funny shit. Funny Shit I tell ya!

kb2vxa
07-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Ah who cares? On the other hand is Domino's revenge, the Noid is back! Just keep an eye on the bottom right corner of the screen.

NQ6U
07-05-2011, 10:46 PM
The Esurance chick is working on their Web site.

http://www.esurance.com/HomeContent/Content/Web/home/images/ico-Social-Networking-Erin-Esurance.gif

KG4CGC
07-05-2011, 11:29 PM
CILF? Cartoons I'd like to ..... (aaahhhhhahahaahaahaahaaaahaaaahaaaa)

W1GUH
07-06-2011, 07:05 AM
The Esurance chick is working on their Web site.

http://www.esurance.com/HomeContent/Content/Web/home/images/ico-Social-Networking-Erin-Esurance.gif

So she's actually a geek? Explains why she never had any speaking roles.

Thanks for bursting my bubble!

W1GUH
07-06-2011, 07:19 AM
Oh...found an article that says she's been "retired." Hope she got a good pension and medical! And her name is Erin.

http://i.bnet.com/blogs/erin_esurance_tribute_art_by_1nch.jpg

Esurance Axes Erin After the Secret Agent Took on an X-Rated Life of Her Own (http://www.bnet.com/blog/advertising-business/esurance-axes-erin-after-the-secret-agent-took-on-an-x-rated-life-of-her-own/5034)

NQ6U
07-06-2011, 08:41 AM
Oh...found an article that says she's been "retired." Hope she got a good pension and medical! And her name is Erin.

Esurance Axes Erin After the Secret Agent Took on an X-Rated Life of Her Own (http://www.bnet.com/blog/advertising-business/esurance-axes-erin-after-the-secret-agent-took-on-an-x-rated-life-of-her-own/5034)

Interesting and kind of funny but it turns out to be only half the story—as a symbol of the company, she was even less popular than Microsoft's Clippy (http://www.bnet.com/blog/advertising-business/the-erin-esurance-autopsy-she-was-less-popular-than-microsoft-8217s-8220clippy-8221/5048).

KG4CGC
07-06-2011, 08:51 AM
Marketing is the most effed part of our society today and has contributed negatively more than it has contributed positively. Marketing is nothing more than the study and practice of weaving lies and distortion of truth to make a person, place or thing appear positive to a potential customer. Also see, propaganda.

Marketing consultants are a key ingredient in today's political campaigns but at that point I believe they call themselves something else entirely. People who use this know that it is a form of hypnosis that they hope will stick when it comes to their product or client. The attempt at hypnosis is seen clearly when Bachmann speaks where Palin relied more on the cheerleader and scum appeal effect.

W3WN
07-06-2011, 08:58 AM

< image clipped >

Interesting and kind of funny but it turns out to be only half the story—as a symbol of the company, it turned out that she was even less popular than Microsoft's Clippy (http://www.bnet.com/blog/advertising-business/the-erin-esurance-autopsy-she-was-less-popular-than-microsoft-8217s-8220clippy-8221/5048).

Keep in mind that the new ad agency didn't originally want to use Erin, but was told to... and then manages, conveniently enough, to come up with studies showing that the Erin cartoon character isn't at all popular (but is popular enough to create a group of fans with, ah, interesting mindsets... lesbian bondage?)... is it any wonder that the agency got it's way?

W1GUH
07-06-2011, 09:03 AM
Yea, but the last time I saw a commercial, there was a larger-than-life-size portrait of Erin on the back wall.

'BSO -- where did you read that Erin "was even less popular than Microsoft's Clippy."?

NQ6U
07-06-2011, 09:07 AM
Yea, but the last time I saw a commercial, there was a larger-than-life-size portrait of Erin on the back wall.

'BSO -- where did you read that Erin "was even less popular than Microsoft's Clippy."?

Click on the link in my post.

W3WN
07-06-2011, 09:10 AM
< snip >And Wendy's ads still shows pictures of Dave Thomas in the background from time to time (less and less as time goes on), and KFC ads still have images of Col. Sanders. Just part of the phasing out of the cultural icon without outright abandoning it.

One day, the damn gecko will go the way of the Taco Bell Chihuahua.

W1GUH
07-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Click on the link in my post.

Oh, thanks. Didn't notice the link because I'm in the "discriminated against" demographic that uses the "SimpleBlack" theme where links don't show up. My bad for being in that group!

I'll check it out.

W1GUH
07-06-2011, 09:15 AM
From that link:

Erin faired similarly badly under the “believable,” “funny” and “sincere” categories. She did, however, score top at 19 in the “sexy” ranking, where the category average is 1.

If you don’t believe that Erin’s fanbase among bondage enthusiasts killed her career, then my theory would be that her low rank on the “funny” and “annoying” scales had much to do with her demise: The ads were supposed to be comedic but the premise — a spy who buys a lot of auto insurance — frequently made no sense whatsoever. Ads rely on repeat viewing, and it’s difficult to like something that doesn’t obey its own internal logic.

Never knew she was a spy. But she DID score high on "sexy."

But how could anyone or anything be more annoying that Clippy?

KG4CGC
07-06-2011, 09:18 AM
Japanese manga ruined her .............
............... what is their fascination with octopus monsters that rape?

KC2UGV
07-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Japanese manga ruined her .............
............... what is their fascination with octopus monsters that rape?

Tentacle pron...

NQ6U
07-06-2011, 09:36 AM
But how could anyone or anything be more annoying that Clippy?

That is very hard to imagine.

On the other hand, I once shared a computer with a guy who kept Clippy running continuously whenever he was working in MS Office. Like any other rational person, the first thing I'd do when I sat down was turn it off which would inevitably lead to conflict when I forgot to turn it back on once I was done.

W1GUH
07-06-2011, 09:38 AM
That is very hard to imagine.

On the other hand, I once shared a computer with a guy who kept Clippy running continuously whenever he was working in MS Office. Like any other rational person, the first thing I'd do when I sat down was turn it off which would inevitably lead to conflict when I forgot to turn it back on once I was done.

Sounds like not putting down the seat! :snicker:

The dog could have been fun if only it would have raised it's hind leg once in a while.

w3bny
07-06-2011, 12:02 PM
The wuffehs got her and they are making her do horribly naughty things...as well as making omelets...Wuffehs LOVE omelets!