PDA

View Full Version : WE WON!!!!!!!!

N2CHX
06-24-2011, 09:56 PM
Gay marriage is now legal in NYS. The NOM bigots can blow it out their ass. Our own Senator Grisanti was pivotal in the outcome. YESSSSSSS!!!!!!

KG4CGC
06-24-2011, 09:58 PM
This is good for all Americans. Of course the Nazis would disagree.

N2CHX
06-24-2011, 10:48 PM
This is a monumental day in the history of human rights.

W7XF
06-24-2011, 11:04 PM
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000 :spin: :dance: :rock: :bbh:

W4GPL
06-25-2011, 12:58 AM
Incredibly awesome. :) I was in a night club tonight that was watching the vote live... It was an incredibly joyous time.

Hopefully other states will be as progressive as NY. :)

N2NH
06-25-2011, 02:24 AM
I was glad to see it pass here. It's about time.

Now, any bets as to how long it takes Fox to come up with gay divorce court after opposing this for years?

PA5COR
06-25-2011, 03:17 AM
Good to see that happen, long overdue.
We did that countrywide in the 1970's and nobody here thinks anything about it.
Congrats!

W3MIV
06-25-2011, 05:51 AM
Momentum will carry it through the Blue States and gradually it will seep into those Red-tinted lands of mouth-breathers and genetic mistakes. It will take time, but it will succeed. Reason rises; baseless bigotry sinks.

N8YX
06-25-2011, 06:49 AM
Only if we're invited to the weddings. Free booze and all that... :yes: :cheers:

rot
06-25-2011, 07:04 AM
Very Cool. We watched the proceedings as a family and were hootin and hollerin at the result as well.
It's a very good thing and I hope the momemtum carries to the other states as well.
I see it as people just wanting to be happy and hope the the legal end offers alot of opportunity for adoptable kids...who just want and need a loving family of any sort anyway.

Party on!
rot

W3ZR
06-25-2011, 08:39 AM
Congrats !

I say this tongue in cheek, as I am divorced and engaged again, but why shouldn't the Gay Community be allowed
to be as miserable as the rest of us ? :)

Rock On !!

Goob, W3ZR

suddenseer
06-25-2011, 11:42 AM
I am for equal rights for all citizen's, but I hate to be a wet blanket. This is a partial victory. I live in Ohio where the state constitution was amended via ballot initiative defining marriage as only one woman/one man. It passed by a narrow margin. Five years later, after a bunch of old religious scared white people have died, the margin is now narrowly in same sex marriage favor. It will take the US Supreme Court to make it legal in all 50 states. The same sex couples who live in the states that recognize their marriage still do not enjoy most of the benefits that the federal government provides.

When I was a kid, I remember Planned Parenthood busing women to New York to get a safe, legal abortion because it was banned in Ohio. Same Sex couples from Ohio can go get married in a state that allows it, but Ohio's amended constitution specifically will not recognize the married status from foreign states, and alien countries. Like abortion, it will take supreme unction to right this wrong. As time goes by, more Americans raised in the post-Victorian hypocrisy will die off. Two good things will happen: 1. Faux Snooze will lose their audience. 2. Same sex marriage will become a national reality.

KB2SFH
06-25-2011, 12:20 PM
Gay marriage is now legal in NYS. The NOM bigots can blow it out their ass. Our own Senator Grisanti was pivotal in the outcome. YESSSSSSS!!!!!!

Congrats all!!!!!:clap::rock::spin::dance::bbh::cheers:

w2amr
06-25-2011, 02:28 PM
This should push the right wing Christian Zombies over the edge, and it will be a glorious sight to behold.:popcorn:

W7XF
06-25-2011, 02:50 PM
I wonder how long this post would last "over yonder"...

PA5COR
06-25-2011, 02:56 PM
About the second it was put up to the moderators or one of the staff accidentally stumbled on it ( and understood what it was about).

I wonder how long this post would last "over yonder"...

n2ize
06-25-2011, 03:25 PM
Hopefully this will lay some of the negative stereotypes and prejudices to rest. Now if we can only accomplish similar goals in NY with regards to medical marijuana and ending drug prohibition.

kb2vxa
06-26-2011, 03:35 PM
Uh oh, Reverend Phelps is about to explode in 3, 2, 1...

Seriously, if ass backward screwed up New York can see the light there IS hope.

"Now if we can only accomplish similar goals in NY with regards to medical marijuana and ending drug prohibition."
I said there is hope, now don't get ridiculous.

n6hcm
06-27-2011, 03:26 AM
now the 9th circuit has to get their act in gear ... no decision from them until later this year at the earliest.

KC2UGV
06-27-2011, 10:02 AM
I am for equal rights for all citizen's, but I hate to be a wet blanket. This is a partial victory. I live in Ohio where the state constitution was amended via ballot initiative defining marriage as only one woman/one man. It passed by a narrow margin. Five years later, after a bunch of old religious scared white people have died, the margin is now narrowly in same sex marriage favor. It will take the US Supreme Court to make it legal in all 50 states. The same sex couples who live in the states that recognize their marriage still do not enjoy most of the benefits that the federal government provides.

When I was a kid, I remember Planned Parenthood busing women to New York to get a safe, legal abortion because it was banned in Ohio. Same Sex couples from Ohio can go get married in a state that allows it, but Ohio's amended constitution specifically will not recognize the married status from foreign states, and alien countries. Like abortion, it will take supreme unction to right this wrong. As time goes by, more Americans raised in the post-Victorian hypocrisy will die off. Two good things will happen: 1. Faux Snooze will lose their audience. 2. Same sex marriage will become a national reality.

Which is funny, given the "full faith and credit" coupled with the Supremacy Clause of the US constitution...

suddenseer
06-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Which is funny, given the "full faith and credit" coupled with the Supremacy Clause of the US constitution...Rarely automatic. Someone has to spend$$$$ to fight for the ruling. Many employers violate labor laws every day. They know most people do not have the $, or the will to fight it all the way. I learned this the hard way, my family sued a college which meant we sued the state of Ohio. The Atty general's office has the resources to fight off the little people. We ran out of money.

NQ6U
06-27-2011, 01:05 PM
I am for equal rights for all citizen's, but I hate to be a wet blanket. This is a partial victory. I live in Ohio where the state constitution was amended via ballot initiative defining marriage as only one woman/one man. It passed by a narrow margin.

Same deal here in Californy. Here's hoping you have better luck there in NY.

BTW, the most fun I ever had at a wedding was a gay marriage performed in the brief window between the state supreme court ruling that stated that a ban on same-sex marriage violated the equal protection clause of the state constitution and the passage of Prop 8. Woo-hoo, those guys know how to party!

w6tmi
06-27-2011, 06:02 PM
Grats, now the gays have the right to be as miserable as the not-so-gays! :)

KG4CGC
06-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Grats, now the gays have the right to be as miserable as the not-so-gays! :)
The "not-so-gays!" heh heh! funny!
When the Don & Mike show was in its heyday, I believe they often made mention that even the most straight manly man is 5% gay. They even said on the air that they are gay for each other. Not that they'd sleep with each other or anything like that.

N8YX
06-27-2011, 06:14 PM
BTW, the most fun I ever had at a wedding was a gay marriage performed in the brief window between the state supreme court ruling that stated that a ban on same-sex marriage violated the equal protection clause of the state constitution and the passage of Prop 8. Woo-hoo, those guys know how to party!
We did a biker wedding once where the bride and groom were nicely attired in their Levis and T-shirts; she had a garter on one leg and a headdress made of baby's breath. He had on a bowtie. The pastor blew a whistle, told the aminals to shut up long enough so he could read the rights then went back to drinking with the rest of us.

Couple has been married for almost 25 years. Cost: four kegs of beer, two hogs, a bunch of chicken and related foodstuffs, bowtie, headdress and garter. Pastor did the ceremony gratis, for a meal and a good drunk.

We did a Catholic wedding once - the year before - where close to a thousand people showed up between the wedding and the reception. Though I didn't attend the service, I understand it was akin to that Neidermeyer-orchestrated fraternity initiation scene in Animal House.

Couple was married two years; her parents bought 'em an expensive house northeast of here...divorced two years after that. Total outlay was probably in excess of $200k in 1980's dollars.

I'd rather celebrate with the misfits any day of the week.

KG4CGC
06-27-2011, 06:21 PM
While visiting the parental units yesterday, the topic of NY came up and that led to the Gay Marriage bill passing and all my mom could do was keep throwing the slippery slope argument. I told her that if we had ended up living in Australia or Canada that this wouldn't even be an issue now and that she wouldn't even care.
That's what a super conservative Catholic upbringing will do for people.

W7XF
06-27-2011, 08:18 PM
<snip>The pastor blew a whistle, told the aminals to shut up long enough so he could read the rights then went back to drinking with the rest of us.<snip>

Hmmm... Was it "dearly beloved, we're gathered here today" or "You Have The Right to Remain Silent"????

w6tmi
06-27-2011, 10:22 PM
The "not-so-gays!" heh heh! funny!
When the Don & Mike show was in its heyday, I believe they often made mention that even the most straight manly man is 5% gay. They even said on the air that they are gay for each other. Not that they'd sleep with each other or anything like that.

I believe it, I've actually heard it's 1 in 7 with varying degrees of in-between.

KC2UGV
06-28-2011, 06:40 AM
While visiting the parental units yesterday, the topic of NY came up and that led to the Gay Marriage bill passing and all my mom could do was keep throwing the slippery slope argument. I told her that if we had ended up living in Australia or Canada that this wouldn't even be an issue now and that she wouldn't even care.
That's what a super conservative Catholic upbringing will do for people.

Gotta love the slippery slopes there. Whenever people try to use the slippery slopes of:

* People marrying kids, or polygamy - I tell them it used to be like that until we "redefined marriage".
* Marrying animals/phones/etc - Two consenting adults =/= adult + whatever. Can you enter into a contract with a phone?

It got so bad for a while there, I had a text file with all of my copy/paste rebuttals there, to save on typing time.

N7YA
06-29-2011, 09:11 PM
Oh geez, a giving a handjob to a trucker ONE TIME on a stopover is NOT gay, its just "helping a guy out"...just a couple of buddies having fun like men. A slap on the ass is not gay, in guy-talk, it means "Go team!" :lol:

Seriously, i couldnt be happier. Rhode Island just signed the bill today as well! And now gay couples in NJ are suing for the same right. In my opinion, this is one of the longest, least sensible civil rights violations in history. Nobody 'chooses' to be gay, they only choose to not lie to themselves and others any further...i give hearty Kudos!

Heres my thoughts on FB, for some reason, my wifes computer wont allow me to cut and paste, so heres the linky...

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2117567900364&id=1280734464#!/notes/adam-taylor/some-thoughts-on-the-ruling-in-new-york/2203588610828

N7YA
06-29-2011, 09:16 PM
I believe it, I've actually heard it's 1 in 7 with varying degrees of in-between.

1 in 7?? At best, at least 3 guys are going to be waiting their turn.

n6hcm
07-02-2011, 04:18 AM
you know what's horrific? huge amounts of money (on both sides) are being spent to make this happen. sure, not as much as engaging in all the "wars" we have going on, but these resources could make a difference. sad.

(and no, i don't want to deny anyone the rights that come with this contract ... it just sucks that the battle has to happen like this.)

W3MIV
07-02-2011, 05:19 AM
you know what's horrific? huge amounts of money (on both sides) are being spent to make this happen. sure, not as much as engaging in all the "wars" we have going on, but these resources could make a difference. sad.

(and no, i don't want to deny anyone the rights that come with this contract ... it just sucks that the battle has to happen like this.)

Money spent on this "war" is far better expended than on any other "war" I can think of with the single exception of that against the racism that also continues to infect this country.

Every victory signifies an advance of the sort of tolerance that is fundamental to a real civilization, not just a loose amalgam of special interests and tribal alliances, which is the current state of our society.

n2ize
07-03-2011, 03:17 AM
First ya win and then ya loose...

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/07/02/cuomo-to-lift-moratorium-on-fracking-in-ny/ (http://hotair.com/archives/2011/07/02/cuomo-to-lift-moratorium-on-fracking-in-ny/)

Oh lord I've got the Zimmerman blues...

KC2UGV
07-04-2011, 09:52 AM
First ya win and then ya loose...

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/07/02/cuomo-to-lift-moratorium-on-fracking-in-ny/ (http://hotair.com/archives/2011/07/02/cuomo-to-lift-moratorium-on-fracking-in-ny/)

Oh lord I've got the Zimmerman blues...

I'm actually ok with the hydrofracking, as it stands in the new policy. No fracking in any of the major watersheds, lot's of regulatory oversight, and only on private lands.

I do think much of the problems with hydrofracking were due to little to no regulation.

rot
07-04-2011, 12:32 PM
I'm actually ok with the hydrofracking, as it stands in the new policy. No fracking in any of the major watersheds, lot's of regulatory oversight, and only on private lands.

I do think much of the problems with hydrofracking were due to little to no regulation.

I am beginning to drift a bit (tiny tinydrifts) towards being ok with it to a degree, as an optimistic plea for what it could be if done right (harvesting). Slick water high voulme horizontal fracturing still sucks IMHO, simply beause the cocktails used may serve purpose but are misrepresented and cloaked just to get rid of nasty shit under implied "we think we know how it works pyrolitically" hype. The risk of effin up large scale still = some bad karma and is keeping me panties in a wad a bit.
The process and study seems to me to be loaded with some cool geology, rheology, explosion science, and bitchin in situ deep moleman physics.
I would love (huge boner) to see some acoustical approaches to harvesting if possible.
Currently I'd probably still scream NIMBY until I felt a little warm fuzzy of some reveiwed lab scale experiments and tight regs to start.
Be a good thing after harvest as I see it.

rot

suddenseer
07-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Ya, but in any case, one should not be able to light their tap water....can't be a good thing.

KG4CGC
07-04-2011, 05:43 PM
Ya, but in any case, one should not be able to light their tap water....can't be a good thing.Yeah. It's pretty neat at first but it gets old real quick.

N7YA
07-04-2011, 09:17 PM
I agree, i would enjoy it until i was forced to do that "shower" or "dishes" thing. Might make my coffee interesting, though.

NQ6U
07-04-2011, 09:30 PM
I agree, i would enjoy it until i was forced to do that "shower" or "dishes" thing. Might make my coffee interesting, though.

A smoke with your morning coffee might be inadvisable under those circumstances.

KC2UGV
07-05-2011, 07:29 AM
Ya, but in any case, one should not be able to light their tap water....can't be a good thing.

I agree here. But the regulations on the fracking in NYS should prevent that from occurring here. Where is did happen, there was little to no regulation over the process.

kb2vxa
07-05-2011, 01:40 PM
OH FRACK, ya ain't seen nuttin yet!

The Cuyahoga River is located in northeast Ohio. Fires plagued the Cuyahoga beginning in 1936 when a spark from a blow torch ignited floating debris and oils. Fires erupted on the river several more times before June 22, 1969, when a river fire captured national attention when Time magazine described the Cuyahoga as the river that "oozes rather than flows" and in which a person "does not drown but decays."

NQ6U
07-05-2011, 03:35 PM
OH FRACK, ya ain't seen nuttin yet!

The Cuyahoga River is located in northeast Ohio. Fires plagued the Cuyahoga beginning in 1936 when a spark from a blow torch ignited floating debris and oils.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SKGIwsXuA0

N7YA
07-05-2011, 09:00 PM
Sorry, i got as far as i could until he started singing. :lol: