PDA

View Full Version : KD0FNR's On Line Practice Exams

W3WN
06-13-2011, 01:38 PM
Anyone familiar with Hamilton Carter KD0FNR's on-line practice exams?

I've been getting a bunch of emails (direct and forwarded) that originate from him, asking that his site be linked or made available. Nothing too out of the ordinary... until my browser at home refused to connect due to a potential nasty warning. Which may have been a false positive, or it might have been something in the email itself (but not the site).

The site itself can be reached at http://copaseticflows.appspot.com/hamtest . Sounds like it's potentially a nice alternative, but before I recommend it to people, I'm curious to hear reactions from others. Just hate to tell people "this is great!" only to find out that it's, ummm, not.

WB0LSR
06-13-2011, 01:47 PM
I was able to connect to that site without any warnings. They appear to have practice tests for all US tests, along with several other countries.

PA5COR
06-13-2011, 02:20 PM
No problems here, even made a few exams ;) ( passed)

W5RB
06-13-2011, 02:33 PM
No warnings from Chrome , which is fairly diligent . I like the fact that he has both General exams , the current pool and the July 2011 pool . I've been well pleased with aa9pw.com , and recommend it to my students , but I'll check this one out , as well .

WA4TM
06-13-2011, 03:26 PM
I have been on that site in the past and never had any warnings then or now... But then again I sure as the devil ain't an authority, so I would say if you want to try it, use caution and give it a shot..

W3WN
06-13-2011, 04:20 PM
OK. Good to know!

Again, it might have been something in the emails -- and the two that triggered the warning messages were forwarded to me from other people, so it's very possible that the problem was embedded in those emails, not in the site itself.

Again, just trying to be cautious. I've spent the last two hours assisting our department intern in disenfecting a users machine (despite all the warnings, they went ahead and installed the malware anyway, because the web site told them to... social engineering, I know...), so understand that I'd prefer to proceed with caution than full speed ahead over the precipice!

WØTKX
06-14-2011, 12:22 AM
NP here, Chrome didn't holler. Neither did the NOD32 antivirus I'm running now (less latency crap than AVG).

Hmm, is this Edison Carter's kid from Max Headroom? As a physics student and self professed bad joke teller, I think Hamilton must post a certain amount of nonsense and stuff HERE. To Beach Bum status at least. :stickpoke:

Then maybe we'll advertise. :muhahaha:

And the AA9PW website is DA BOMB for learning da code. :agree:
Used his site to help teach CW on a local repeater a few years ago.