06-09-2011, 07:34 AM
:chin:

W5GA
06-09-2011, 07:44 AM
Try this linky

http://s720.photobucket.com/albums/ww202/w5ga/?action=view&current=firewood.mp4

W5RB
06-09-2011, 09:32 AM
Way cool . Perfect for storm cleanup , now just need a wood-burning generator to go with it .

WB0LSR
06-09-2011, 09:42 AM
Pretty sweet!

PA5COR
06-09-2011, 10:04 AM
I like the new truck ;) ( not going to buy it)

KG4CGC
06-09-2011, 02:13 PM
I wonder how much it costs, how much to operate and how much you'd have to pay in fees to the state and each county before you could use it to make a living or just side work.
I'm being a little pessimistic here but yes, cool thing!

suddenseer
06-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Dayum! drool.

W7XF
06-14-2011, 01:24 PM
I like the new truck ;) ( not going to buy it)

Admit it Cor...you're salivating over a new F-350 dually Power Stroke Diesel :drool:

NQ6U
06-14-2011, 01:36 PM
Admit it Cor...you're salivating over a new F-350 dually Power Stroke Diesel :drool:

Nah, too small. Cor wants one of these:

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2006/02/10/210317.1-lg.jpg

7 MPG!

W5GA
06-14-2011, 08:09 PM
Carlo, when those were being built our local International dealer brought one by the Tulsa Public Schools bus barn to show it off. The most pointless vehicle I'd ever driven. Full time 4x4, DT-466 diesel, air brakes and a GVWR of 25,999. The bed is from Ford, same bed as an F-350. Sat so high off the ground that you couldn't tow anything with it...use of a gooseneck hitch would have required removal of the sides of the bed, same with 5th wheel. Had a little LCD screen on the dash, and a camera in the rear bumper so you could see behind you to back up. VERY cheesy interior, power window switches mounted on top of the arm rests instead of being set into them. Shiny plastic wood grain...etc.
The only thing I could see it was useful for was looking down on the guy in a Hummer. ;) $120k out the door was what they told me.

NQ6U
06-14-2011, 09:47 PM
Yeah, Doug, a totally absurd and pointless vehicle. I've seen the same truck parked at truck stops, without the pickup bed and set up to pull a 5th wheel trailer. They were usually used by pros, typically livestock haulers, but given the fact that they don't save a whole lot of fuel over a full-sized semi tractor, I still don't see the point. Here in CA, you'd have to have an class A (non-commercial) license with an air brake endorsement to drive it at it's full towing capacity anyhow.

kc7jty
06-14-2011, 10:16 PM
One only heats himself once with that gizmo. Pretty cool though.

W7XF
06-15-2011, 12:33 AM
Yeah, Doug, a totally absurd and pointless vehicle. I've seen the same truck parked at truck stops, without the pickup bed and set up to pull a 5th wheel trailer. They were usually used by pros, typically livestock haulers, but given the fact that they don't save a whole lot of fuel over a full-sized semi tractor, I still don't see the point. Here in CA, you'd have to have an class A (non-commercial) license with an air brake endorsement to drive it at it's full towing capacity anyhow.
Actually, Carl, you would have to have a CDL with air brakes in a lot of states anymore JUST TO DRIVE IT AT ALL. Same goes for the motorhomes with air brakes; and with the 40'-45' motorhomes, if you want to tow ANYTHING with those, you'll need a Class A CDL, since you'll be over length for a Class D licence.

NQ6U
06-15-2011, 12:40 AM
Actually, Carl, you would have to have a CDL with air brakes in a lot of states anymore JUST TO DRIVE IT AT ALL. Same goes for the motorhomes with air brakes; and with the 40'-45' motorhomes, if you want to tow ANYTHING with those, you'll need a Class A CDL, since you'll be over length for a Class D licence.

You'd need an air brake endorsement for sure and maybe a Class A if you're towing anything large but most states offer a non-commercial Class A license for situations like that. A buddy of mine has one; he owns a vineyard and uses an ancient Peterbilt cabover and semi-trailer to haul his product from the fields over the public roads. He can only drive his own truck, though.

PA5COR
06-15-2011, 03:07 AM
I had my time driving articulated lorry's through Europe.
440 BHP Scania's, Hanomag Henschel, DAF trucks etc.
Your trucks look nice, and can be found here too.
As you might have guessed, i have the full drivers license for everything that has 3 wheels or more, including busses, etc

Personally i bought a new H1 Hyundai 2.5 TDI van 10 years back, just added the new tyres etc, does what i want for me, without the fuel bill of such truck.
Just clocked the 100 K miles on it, so it'll do another 10 years.
Just need some space in a van, good for my back, and on our hollidays i don't have to worry about cramming in the last bit of gear as i would have to do with a normal car.
No computer in it, most things i can maintain myself, max speed 100 miles per hour, 25 miles per gallon.
When i bought it i replaced the seats with better ones, armrests etc.
The bench in the back was large enough for our son to sleep on when we drove the 1000 miles to France.
At my age you become more practical, no need to show off ;)