PDA

View Full Version : remembering an old quote

suddenseer
06-05-2011, 05:39 PM
I was watching the Tavis Smiley program on PBS, and was reminded of maybe the best quote from president Calvin Coolidge. This sums it up.

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race”

W3MIV
06-05-2011, 06:00 PM
"Madam, you lose."

suddenseer
06-05-2011, 06:04 PM
"Calvin, is it not past your bedtime?" ok not calvin, but about him.

NQ6U
06-05-2011, 06:19 PM
I think that Sarah Palin exemplifies this. What else does she have going for her but persistence? Certainly not talent, genius or education.

suddenseer
06-05-2011, 06:42 PM
I think that Sarah Palin exemplifies this. What else does she have going for her but persistence? Certainly not talent, genius or education.Calvin sez she will win.

W1GUH
06-05-2011, 08:17 PM
I think that Sarah Palin exemplifies this. What else does she have going for her but persistence? Certainly not talent, genius or education.

tits and ass

suddenseer
06-06-2011, 05:08 AM
tits and assMany men will respond accordingly. If I go with good looks, Romney will win hands down. When women finally were allowed to vote in all states, many spent their first vote on Warren Harding, a typical crook/politician. Substance did not matter, he was thought to be dashingly handsome in the day. Things have not changed. Romney, and Palin, or batshit Bachman would be a good Ken, & Barbie ticket. Those two women fail when they open their mouths.

w3bny
06-06-2011, 09:02 AM
tits and ass

Please allow me to add my quote...

I CANT FAP TO THAT!

Or at least to Palins junk...ugh...

N8YX
06-06-2011, 11:33 AM
Please allow me to add my quote...

I CANT FAP TO THAT!

Or at least to Palins junk...ugh...

Quoting you from another thread:

"You know you wanna."

:snicker:

kc7jty
06-06-2011, 01:33 PM
This Calvin fellow was a fool in this regard for a persistent and determined idiot can be the greatest curse upon mankind, Sarah Palin perfect example.

He got it right here however:

… an old joke about Calvin Coolidge when he was President … The President and Mrs. Coolidge were being shown [separately] around an experimental government farm. When [Mrs. Coolidge] came to the chicken yard she noticed that a rooster was mating very frequently. She asked the attendant how often that happened and was told, “Dozens of times each day.” Mrs. Coolidge said, “Tell that to the President when he comes by.” Upon being told, President asked, “Same hen every time?” The reply was, “Oh, no, Mr. President, a different hen every time.” President: “Tell that to Mrs. Coolidge.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coolidge_effect

suddenseer
06-06-2011, 07:50 PM
^^^:rofl::rofl: