PDA

View Full Version : I'm a lid...

KC2UGV
06-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Really... This time, I am.

After getting done working a fine ham (N4ZI) this evening, he informed me I was creating a noise across my transmission. He described it as "a hand wiping across a mic".

He didn't call me a lid. I just was horrified to hear that. I take lots of pride in my meager station here. He gave me some tips, and I kind of figured I was going to run into issues like this, since I've been having some RFI issues after switching to a new PC, and new station location. I figured it was near-field RFI issues, but it appears to be more than that now....

So, I'm QRT until I get the new interface for the FT840 made. This one was my first melting solder project in a very long time, and my very first attempt at interfacing a computer with a transmitter.

I think the issues were covered up previously by having a laptop. Running off a brick, instead of internal PS, along with the different type of PS for each makes a huge difference. So, yes, I'm a lid for now, splattering all over 30 meters with my noise hihi

KG4CGC
06-05-2011, 12:03 AM
*pointing finger and snickering*

NQ6U
06-05-2011, 12:11 AM
*pointing finger and snickering*

Don't do that, Charles—he can't help being what he is.

It's okay, Corey, you've taken the first step by admitting it to the world and yourself. Don't be ashamed, many well-respected members of your community are also lids and anything is better than living a lie. So, be proud, be brave and embrace who you really are.

You lid.

KG4CGC
06-05-2011, 12:15 AM
Don't do that, Charles—he can't help being what he is.

It's okay, Corey, you've taken the first step by admitting it to the world and yourself. Don't be ashamed, many well-respected members of your community are also lids and anything is better than living a lie. So, be proud, be brave and embrace who you really are.

You lid.
You're right, Carl. I'm sorry Corey ... you big fruity lid.