PDA

View Full Version : Iyam back on the IOMH 75m net...

W3MIV
06-03-2011, 08:12 AM
Had a fun few days. Stone in left kidney was shocked to fragment it on Tuesday. Thursday morning at 0100, I awoke in incredible pain. Kidney apparently was totally blocked and going bananas in protest. Finally got a doc on the horn (at 0500 -- he not real happy). Xyl drove me to the Howard County Hospital ER (fortunately, a Johns Hopkins Health System hospital); got there at 0615 and went into surgery at 1330 (well laced with funny stuff so did not feel a thing). Busy morning.

Now back at home, wearing a catheter and bag, with a stent in my pecker parts. Mass of fragments got stuck in the flume and plugged the outlet entirely. Lucky not to have done more damage than it did.

I have it on good authority that the total bill will be in the neighborhood of $30K -- I plan to send it to Paul Ryan along with a quart of the bright red output of my now-functioning system.

rot
06-03-2011, 08:20 AM
Dood..Hang tough..
I'm sitting in a folking wheelchair awaiting a new knee that the bone saw jig is now being made. I got another month or two of this shit and baby I'm back in the game.
The wife and kid have been great..I must say..I'm becoming a household PITA.
Good luck and better days...
Crank out the reads.
rot

KC2UGV
06-03-2011, 08:38 AM
Ryan will just hand you a voucher for $1500... That should cover it, amirite :lol:

W3MIV
06-03-2011, 08:50 AM
Dood..Hang tough..
I'm sitting in a folking wheelchair awaiting a new knee that the bone saw jig is now being made. I got another month or two of this shit and baby I'm back in the game.
Crank out the reads.
rot

I have five close friends who have new knees -- two of them have had both knees replaced. Marvel that they can do shit we would have thought a mere pipe dream in an opium den -- or perhaps the halls of Congress. All them are now doing extremely well. It will be rough going the first couple weeks, but keep your eye glued to that horizon, be of good cheer, and all will go well in the end. If there's anything I can roll down hill to you to make your trek a bit easier, lemme know.

ki4itv
06-03-2011, 08:54 AM
I was wondering about you Albi.
As much as I hate "stone stories" (and yours sounds particularly painful)...it is very nice to infer through reading your account that you are indeed in relatively good spirits and ornery as ever.
Take care of yourself OM, there is a noticeable void when you're gone.
...and please don't miss the opportunity to pass that bill along to the TP'er of your choice.

ki4itv
06-03-2011, 09:05 AM
Dood..Hang tough..
Crank out the reads.
rot

Our drummer just had a double replacement about three weeks ago. His experience was good and his quality of life has already improved significantly based on my own observations from before the surgery.
He did say that custom saw blade cost about as much as Albi's total bill. Damn.
We'll be thinkin' about ya' bro-dude!

Wishingthebest, VA

NA4BH
06-03-2011, 09:10 AM
Urolithiasis, the one thing guaranteed to bring the toughest man to his knees (real or artificial) in tears.

Best wishes

W1GUH
06-03-2011, 09:25 AM
Here's wishing you a speedy recovery and it's good to hear that it's over and you're doing fine. I'll echo the comments that you've been missed. Good to have you back!

rot -- Here's wishing you a totally successful proceedure and a speedy recovery. Sounds like you've got a great family there.

rot
06-03-2011, 10:26 AM
I'll be fine and thanks to all.
Chunking meteors out the Mr. Peabody pipes would scare the eff outta me. Horror of horrors on that. Glass held high to Albert on cruisin through that...
The worse part for me is the MRI. I'm claustrophobic, so I have to be loaded with brain squelch or I'm a coming outta the damn tube...fer sure.
I'm in pretty good shape considering past abuse and the structual stuff, so I'm pretty lucky.
Just keep a posting and normal shit..I pretty much hang here for the goofenthol and enjoy the Island therapy.
rot

NQ6U
06-03-2011, 12:09 PM
Damn, Albi, I'm sorry you had to go through that but happy to hear that you're on the mend. Hang in there, my friend, and drink lots of water.

KG4CGC
06-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Congratulations on the birth of your child, Albie! When you're done getting healed, have the doctor put a couple of stitches in it. You know, for Mrs. Albie. (yes, that was where you were supposed to laugh)

Been doubling a tripling up on water the last few day with the heat. Round 2 from the last time starts knocking on the door if I start getting dehydrated.

N9FE
06-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Hey Albi atleast you did'nt pass out and then projectile vomit like i did. Painfull little bastids ain't they. I came home after the roto rooter treatment with 10 pound fishin line hangin out about a foot. After a few days as things cleared up, I had to pull the string like startin the weed whipper. That was a whole new experiance i do not want to do again. So now its one flomax everyday and i can write my name in the snow again.. Hope it heals fast for ya OM

W3MIV
06-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Thanks for all the gud werds and wishes, guys.

Careful whut youse drink. Water = OK. Beer = OK. Ginger ale, Fresca or 7Up = OK. Iced tea = totally bad. Coke or Pepsi = totally bad.

The nasty sword that still hangs by a virgin's hair o'er this Damoclesian pate? There is yet another stone in the right kidney that must be dealt with at some future date. Oy veh iss mir!

NA4BH
06-03-2011, 01:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7jMk7x7Hok&feature=related

kc7jty
06-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Get thee be well Mr VO5.
http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/public/kGxRX6pxvFm71tviBlMwkWRtYrLelvFHpKOkepINDqvzjgpeZG BF3DM1r5TYX3BfvamL1EqF1R8rLvgexsu5Crima9u_ujAfA3rj sUha0uFCImSJSEWY_dqWJA_eBIcUwitbmsP-e56MiFKGg8ujZdtS5a6fBaP7ig

Where does Medicare and Medicaid go?
To the Doctor & Hospital medical monopoly.

PA5COR
06-03-2011, 04:45 PM
My son had that 2 times, luckily after a very strong painkiller he got the gravel out the natural way.
Not wishing that pain to anyone....
Take care both, good luck with the op for the knee....

Cor

KK4AMI
06-03-2011, 04:59 PM
My best wishes to you Sir. I can only imagine what you went through and it terrifies me.. Pepsi, huh? Great I drink Diet Pepsi by the gallon.
Can I get absolution by drinking gallons of cranberry juice?

N9FE
06-03-2011, 06:57 PM

Careful whut youse drink. Water = OK. Beer = OK. Ginger ale, Fresca or 7Up = OK. Iced tea = totally bad. Coke or Pepsi = totally bad.

The nasty sword that still hangs by a virgin's hair o'er this Damoclesian pate? There is yet another stone in the right kidney that must be dealt with at some future date. Oy veh iss mir!
There is a mass on my right kidney as big as a dime. once a year they look at it making shure its not growing. So far so good. They say no brussel spouts, and other greens which i love. So life goes on i guess.

ad4mg
06-04-2011, 04:04 AM
I have a long history of kidney stones. Been through the whole deal. The pain they bring is off the scale. I had a big one in my right kidney that got stuck at the exit, and it laughed at two attempts to bust it up with lithotripsy (modern day ultra-sound treatment). They scoped that baby out, after busting it up with a laser. Recovery was painful and prolonged (jagged space rock being pulled through the entire length of plumbing tears things up pretty well). I'm glad you are on the mend, Albie.

Yep, caramel colored soft drinks are off the list for you now. Coffee isn't much better, but I gotta have my coffee. My urologist said I could have my coffee as long as I drank an equal amount of water to dilute it. Seems caffeine is a contributor to stone growth.

I'm good these days as long as I drink plenty of water and stay active. Still get a small stone now and then, starts as lower back pain.

Rot, I know nothing of knee replacement besides my shepherd's experience with hers. She is better than new these days ... I hope your experience is the same!

w2amr
06-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Hope both you guys are back in service real soon.

suddenseer
06-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Damn Albie, that would give me an attitude. I am glad to hear you are ok for now. I hope the rest of your days are smooth sailing, then set the sails to Valhöll.

KG4CGC
06-04-2011, 11:02 PM
Damn Albie, that would give me an attitude. I am glad to hear you are ok for now. I hope the rest of your days are smooth sailing, then set the sails to Valhöll.
Dude, he's not THAT old.

NQ6U
06-05-2011, 12:04 AM
Dude, he's not THAT old.

Dude, Albi knows Thor personally...

KG4CGC
06-05-2011, 12:16 AM
Dude, Albi knows Thor personally...
Dude?

NQ6U
06-05-2011, 12:18 AM
Dude?

d00d? Is that better?

KG4CGC
06-05-2011, 12:19 AM
d00d? Is that better?
Dewd.

NQ6U
06-05-2011, 12:20 AM
deud?

WØTKX
06-05-2011, 01:05 AM
http://wtfcontent.com/img/130200330638.jpg

http://www.geeksix.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/bl-dude.jpg

W3MIV
06-05-2011, 05:13 AM
I went to school with Thor. Kind of a high-energy type. Not the kind of guy you'd call "Dewd" lightly.

N9FE
06-05-2011, 05:20 AM
Hey. Albi was there when they named thursday after thor.

W1GUH
06-05-2011, 07:17 AM
deud?

The dude abides.

http://fingerfood.typepad.com/.a/6a012875949499970c0120a91076ff970b-400wi

suddenseer
06-05-2011, 07:21 AM
Only the good die young. Albie, and I will be here a long time. Smooth sailing on a long trip is a good thing. Unrealistic, but good.

NQ6U
06-05-2011, 11:38 AM
If it's true only the good die young, then I'm gonna give Methuselah a run for his money.

ab1ga
06-05-2011, 08:29 PM

See what happens when you don't drink your Jaegermeister every night?