PDA

View Full Version : What is it with dog owners?

kc7jty
05-26-2011, 05:42 PM
This new neighbor moves in across the street with 2 small wiener dogs. She lets the dogs run loose regularly and they're on my place daily.
A huge explosion of very small and numerous dog turds start accruing on my lawn exactly timed with this situation.

I confront her:
Me: I'm having a small dog turd problem big time all of a sudden.
Her: "Oh, my dogs don't have buttholes."
Me: No shit!
Her: " Exactly."

I informed her of the town's dogs at large policy, and told her I have a camera.
The problem stops 100% IMMEDIATELY!

Now I'm a bad, inconsiderate neighbor.

ki4itv
05-26-2011, 05:50 PM
I confront her:

:lol:
TNX. I needed that.
Been a long day.

W1GUH
05-26-2011, 05:51 PM
And I'll bet she farts little pink clouds and shits rose petals.

W3MIV
05-26-2011, 05:51 PM
Bully!

Had the problem here with a large German Shepherd and a woman who lived on a nearby court. Caught her walking the dog, watched the dog shit on my lawn (mower tires and huge piles of dog shit are a bad combo) and then saunter off. Jumped in my car and followed her home. She freaked, accusing me of stalking her and called the local constabulary.

Knock on my door. Good looking female cop asked me to step out on the porch. She explained the complaint that had been filed. Showed the nice lady cop the pile of dog shit, explained the situation to her. I told her that I had, indeed, followed the woman to her home and, yes, I did indeed threaten to come back later -- after dark -- and shit right in the middle of her lawn. Cop could not hide her desire to laugh.

Bottom line: Cop went back to the house of the dog/mistress and read her the riot act, explaining that Howard has a leash law and a law that requires dog owners to clean up after their pets. Failing their obligation, and receiving too many complaints, would result in animal control showing up and taking the hund.

Haven't seen the bitch on my street since. Alas, there are still phantom shitters that come after dark, but nothing the size of the pile that Shepherd deposited.

NA4BH
05-26-2011, 05:56 PM
Alas, there are still phantom shitters that come after dark, but nothing the size of the pile that Shepherd deposited.

You'll never catch me either. :lol:

W3MIV
05-26-2011, 05:57 PM
You'll never catch me either. :lol:

:clap::clap:

kc7jty
05-26-2011, 06:01 PM
there are still phantom shitters that come after dark
the world is full of them.

N8YX
05-26-2011, 06:34 PM
I informed her of the town's dogs at large policy, and told her I have a camera hungry, full-grown Burmese python.
Adjusted slightly.

Now I'm a bad, inconsiderate neighbor."We don't care whether or not they like us...only that they fear us!".

Ring a bell?

n2ize
05-26-2011, 10:12 PM
the world is full of them.

The biggest ones are politicians.

KG4CGC
05-26-2011, 10:31 PM
While living in the next county over, I was cutting the lawn one afternoon and the neighbor's dog pooped on MY yard while the owner just watched him. I stared him down with the stink eye of a thousand rays of Sun. He yells out, "I'll clean it up!"
I go one cutting the grass and by nightfall the poop is still there. So, I take my trusty shovel and with a single motion, sling the shit to the very dead center of the bottom of his backdoor steps.
Guy was a messed up little piece of stool.

W3MIV
05-27-2011, 05:57 AM
...sling the shit to the very dead center of the bottom of his backdoor steps.

Mailbox is a good target, but it is against federal law.

KC2UGV
05-27-2011, 07:47 AM
This new neighbor moves in across the street with 2 small wiener dogs. She lets the dogs run loose regularly and they're on my place daily.
A huge explosion of very small and numerous dog turds start accruing on my lawn exactly timed with this situation.

I confront her:

I informed her of the town's dogs at large policy, and told her I have a camera.

Now I'm a bad, inconsiderate neighbor.

No you're not.

Whenever I see a "dog at large" problem, I take a slightly different tack, and appeal to the owner's love of the dog: "You know, it only takes once for that dog to run into the street and get splattered.

Why do you hate your dog so much, that you let it run unleashed? And why do you hate America?"

W3WN
05-27-2011, 08:12 AM

I confront her:

Now I'm a bad, inconsiderate neighbor.This has nothing to do with dog owners and everything to do with a self-centered wench who has no consideration for her neightbors.

But look on the bright side. If SHE thinks you're inconsiderate and rude (because how DARE you not let her little darlings fertilize your lawn!) then she'll leave you alone. Sounds like it's worth it.

W3WN
05-27-2011, 08:14 AM
Mailbox is a good target, but it is against federal law.Don't piss off the postal carrier.

W1GUH
05-27-2011, 08:33 AM
Mailbox is a good target, but it is against federal law.

I've always been a great believer in the burning sack of shit on the porch.

Speaking of dogshit, back in the days when I played with firecrackers, I found that one flashlight cracker (who remembers them? They were the best!) in a pile of dogshit was a great way to clean up. Don't know where it went, but it disappeared and didn't leave a trace.

W3MIV
05-27-2011, 08:50 AM
They were the best!) in a pile of dogshit was a great way to clean up.

Long as you weren't too close when it went off.

W3WN
05-27-2011, 08:59 AM
At least you know where the, ah, source is.

Back at the old QTH, when we had our two big mutts Mickey & Max, we also had a neighbor who lived on the other end of the street with two big dogs. One looked like Max, but was much bigger. And those two dogs were allowed to roam the neighborhood. And did. And left their mark.

Mickey & Max, when they were in our yard, where ALWAYS chained up. Had to. Max liked to run. (After we'd given him up -- not to worry, Animal Friends got him a good home with a young couple & a fenced in back yard -- Mickey was gentle and mellow enough to not need the chain.) And when we walked them, we had bags in our pocket, or we took them up into the woods -- on leashes. So I KNOW that any remnants weren't theirs.

Still, every now and then, I'd find a full plastic bag thrown on our porch or in our yard. And sometimes the bag broke open on landing.

When I finally caught the guy doing it, he gave me an earful about cleaning up after my dogs. I gave him an earful back about targeting the wrong dog owners, because my dogs didn't run loose. A neighbor saw us arging and called the cops. The cop started telling me that I could be cited. As he was doing so, the big dogs from down the street came running down and leaving a big dump in another yard. The jackass starts screaming "see! see what they're doing! now go clean it up!" I looked at him, turned to the cop, and said "Those aren't my dogs. My dogs are chained up in my yard. Go take a look." And he did and they were.

I got told to be more careful in the future... next time, don't confront the jackass, call the cops.

The jackass got warned that if he was ever caught throwing poop bags again, he'd get a ticket for disorderly conduct -- and littering.

The cop then got in his car and followed the two dogs home.

A few minutes later, the kids from the family that owned the two dogs were down in the aforementioned yards and cleaned up.

Once in a great while, there is justice in the world. Not often enough, but once in a while.

N8YX
05-27-2011, 09:12 AM
If the problem canine is an indoor-outdoor type mutt, why not give it some delicious (castor-oil laced) doggie treats? Preferably, right about the time it's taken in for the night...

W3MIV
05-27-2011, 09:16 AM
Here, Howard County has been putting up "Mutt Mitt" dispensers in public parks and some verges along roads. They are metal cabinets with free plastic gloves that act as bags for turd disposal. Of course, my area being fraught to overload with liberal progressive Democrats (at least fifty percent of autos in the Columbia area carry "Choose Civility" stickers) means that they do get used.

W4GPL
05-27-2011, 09:23 AM
If the problem canine is an indoor-outdoor type mutt, why not give it some delicious (castor-oil laced) doggie treats? Preferably, right about the time it's taken in for the night...That's not funny..

If anything, poison the stupid owners.. the dog can't help it.

W3WN
05-27-2011, 09:27 AM
If the problem canine is an indoor-outdoor type mutt, why not give it some delicious (castor-oil laced) doggie treats? Preferably, right about the time it's taken in for the night...Ah, no.

All kidding around aside, this has too much potential to backfire.

ki4itv
05-27-2011, 10:06 AM
Mail carrier who defecated in yard gets... (http://www.komonews.com/news/local/122672324.html#13064589878421&if_height=255)

N8YX
05-27-2011, 04:00 PM
Ah, no.

All kidding around aside, this has too much potential to backfire.
I prefer to disappear stray mutts:

Catch 'em, confine 'em then off to the pound. At one time I was good friends with the animal-control officer assigned to this area and one call gets them all. Our local officials don't take kindly to repeat offenders, particularly the large, aggressive kind. It also helps that Ohio is a Castle Doctrine state - and if you feel your life is threatened by a vicious canine you may use deadly force to end the situation.

Unless someone's dog breaks free of its restraint (and accidents do happen, albeit rarely) our neighborhood is very devoid of stray animals - especially the canine variety. Wasn't the case years ago. But loose animals are taken seriously now.

W5GA
05-27-2011, 04:22 PM
As dogs sometimes LOVE to chase horses, and in the process I've had some pretty expensive horseflesh greatly diminished in value, I shoot on sight.

NQ6U
05-27-2011, 04:34 PM
As dogs sometimes LOVE to chase horses, and in the process I've had some pretty expensive horseflesh greatly diminished in value, I shoot on sight.

I used to do the same when I lived in Oregon. I lost so much poultry to roaming dogs that I took to carrying my rifle with me whenever I was on the property.

kc7jty
05-27-2011, 04:50 PM

mykindaguy

kc7jty
05-27-2011, 04:52 PM
my rifle

12 ga pump, improved cylinder, #1 buckshot.

KB3LAZ
05-28-2011, 12:36 AM
My dogs dont leave my yard so the only one that has to deal with the mess is me which isnt an issue as they go into the woods and relive themselves. I could only wish my rabbits would do the same as I have to clean up after them every night. Though I dont complain after they are slaughtered beings Pilar makes great Paella with rabbit.

W1GUH
05-31-2011, 05:41 PM

Yep!!!! I'm a 'merikan. Solve all problems with guns. Guns Guns Guns Guns. The more the better. Solve all our problem. They make my dick bigger, too. Guns are good for braggin'. Guns are good. Gotta have more guns and shootin'.

NQ6U
05-31-2011, 05:50 PM
Yep!!!! I'm a 'merikan. Solve all problems with guns. Guns Guns Guns Guns. The more the better. Solve all our problem. They make my dick bigger, too. Guns are good for braggin'. Guns are good. Gotta have more guns and shootin'.

Spoken like someone who's never tried to make a living via agriculture.