PDA

View Full Version : Peter Griffin and his ham radio!

W1GUH
05-25-2011, 10:05 PM
He bought it from Quagmire for $50. He had it at the dinner table. Lois told him, "Peter, you've been playing with that ham radio for seven weeks. Take a shower!"

:lol::rofl:

KG4CGC
05-25-2011, 10:12 PM
Adult Swim rocks!

NA4BH
05-25-2011, 10:29 PM
Who is this Griffin dude?

N6YG
05-25-2011, 10:55 PM
He bought it from Quagmire for $50. He had it at the dinner table. Lois told him, "Peter, you've been playing with that ham radio for seven weeks. Take a shower!"

:lol::rofl:

I wish more hams who attended hamfests would take the same advice. I guess asking them to have a little respect and showing some common courtesy for my olfactory glands is asking to much from people who obviously have no pride, self-respect or dignity.

I remember when I was a kid. I knew this older man down the street who among other things was a ham and flew model airplanes. Since I had no father he took an interest in me and we became very good friends, He taught me about electronics, ham radio and Model airplanes. We built a lot of stuff together in his shop from heathkit SB200's to Scratch built model helicopters. he also taught me about self-respect, dignity and pride.

I'll never forget some of the things that intrigued me about him. One day we were working on a homebrew pulse jet project. He had run out of coffee and needed to run to the store. Well he was in his shop cloths which was a white button down shirt and a pair of dark green trousers similar to Dickies type work pants.

I was so annoyed with him for making me wait and delaying our project because he refused to go out in public the way he was dressed. He went into the restroom and shaved combed his hair put on a freshly laundered and ironed shirt and a freshly ironed pair of pants along with his black spit shined shoes. All for a 5 minute trip to the grocery store for a can of coffee.

Now that was a man with dignity and I've always respected it. Now I see people running around in their pajamas and slippers or I go to hamfests and see men who haven't taken a shower in a week and I suspect have been wearing the same underwear just as long either that or they've pissed their pants. Whichever on it is, the smell is highly offensive.

To be honest I kind of miss the days when people would dress up before leaving the house.

Oh and before anyone gets the idea that he was a whoopsy or what we now call metrosexuals. I can confirm he wasn't. When I met him he was a retired Aeronautical engineer. He was actually was one of the designers of the Chance Vought F4U. I actually have a bunch of original F4U bucking blocks as well as some original conceptual drawings. Unfortunately retirement didn't suit him well so to keep in shape he took on working as a long shore man.

Unfortunately he passed away many years ago. It was a life long friendship, he taught me how to solder my first solder joint and he taught me how to fly my first airplane. I met him when I was eight years old and I was by his side at 35 when he died.

KG4CGC
05-25-2011, 11:12 PM
I wish more hams who attended hamfests would take the same advice. I guess expecting them to have a little respect and showing some common courtesy for my olfactory glands is asking to much from people who obviously have no self-respect or dignity.

I think it's a ploy used at hamfests to get boneyard sellers to agree to lowball offers so the stink will leave sniffing range faster.

W1GUH
05-26-2011, 07:52 AM

http://images.free-extras.com/pics/f/family_guy_peter_griffin-1113.jpg

w2amr
05-28-2011, 03:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eYSpIz2FjU

KB3LAZ
05-28-2011, 06:25 PM

my fave example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184)

kb2vxa
05-28-2011, 08:07 PM
Family Guy, about a dysfunctional family second only to The Simpsons. But where are those good old fashion values.... on which we used to rely?! They went the way of Father Knows Best, My Three Sons and Leave It To Beaver. Well at least Peter is funny, heheheheheh.

Oh, did anyone notice the rig operated without a power source or an antenna? Amazing, now if someone would design one like it he'd make a killing! Rudy, are you reading this?

NQ6U
05-28-2011, 09:07 PM
I want one of those Palestinian alarm clocks: "Allahu akbar!"

http://www.familyguydirect.com/watch.php?episode=806

KB3LAZ
05-29-2011, 12:17 AM
Family Guy, about a dysfunctional family second only to The Simpsons. But where are those good old fashion values.... on which we used to rely?! They went the way of Father Knows Best, My Three Sons and Leave It To Beaver. Well at least Peter is funny, heheheheheh.

Oh, did anyone notice the rig operated without a power source or an antenna? Amazing, now if someone would design one like it he'd make a killing! Rudy, are you reading this?

Lol yes I did notice that and my thoughts were about the same.

W1GUH
05-31-2011, 07:47 AM
What really needs to be done, I might if I get truly spare time, is to go through the credits for Family Guy and check the names against the FCC database. There's gotta be a ham among them. Mabye it's someone posting right here!