PDA

View Full Version : Parking wars

w2amr
05-24-2011, 02:43 PM
They can make good shows from almost anything.

http://www.aetv.com/parking-wars/video/index.jsp

NQ6U
05-24-2011, 02:52 PM
They can make good shows from almost anything.

Fixed that for you.

KG4CGC
05-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Is this not an example of an obvious lack of oversight in an enforcement agency? The way things are laid out, it is designed to create failure for the average citizen and especially visitors. They make fun of the backwoods attitudes in the South but these people have their own little podunk, kangaroo circus court going on.

W2NAP
05-24-2011, 02:56 PM
Is this not an example of an obvious lack of oversight in an enforcement agency? The way things are laid out, it is designed to create failure for the average citizen and especially visitors. They make fun of the backwoods attitudes in the South but these people have their own little podunk, kangaroo circus court going on.

never seen this show. but i love lizard lick towing.

w2amr
05-24-2011, 03:20 PM
Is this not an example of an obvious lack of oversight in an enforcement agency? The way things are laid out, it is designed to create failure for the average citizen and especially visitors. They make fun of the backwoods attitudes in the South but these people have their own little podunk, kangaroo circus court going on. Obey the laws and you will never have to go there. The guy had 15 unpaid parking tickets and they towed his car. Boo frigging hoo.

w2amr
05-24-2011, 03:20 PM
Fixed that for you.Well, I like it.

kc7jty
05-24-2011, 03:26 PM
I don't put money into parking meters PERIOD. I either park where there are no meters and walk or don't go there.

w2amr
05-24-2011, 03:36 PM
I don't put money into parking meters PERIOD. I either park where there are no meters and walk or don't go there.ATTAGUY!:clap:

W2NAP
05-24-2011, 04:16 PM
I don't put money into parking meters PERIOD. I either park where there are no meters and walk or don't go there.

out of order bags work nice

kc7jty
05-24-2011, 04:33 PM
About 16 years ago I had to take a wicked dump after dropping a friend off at the airport. I went to the Spokane Amtrak station cause I knew they had a nice, clean restroom.
The nearby parking spaces were ALL empty and metered, I couldn't wait.

Got 12 minutes (the min) on the meter and went into the station.
When I got back I was ONE minute over the 12, a ticket on the windshield, and no meter reader in sight.
Well guess what? Never paid the sucker. HAAH!

KG4CGC
05-24-2011, 04:46 PM
George, I think you're missing the part about how they show the worst of the worst to sensationalize the show and also to rationalize the existence of such a practice.

W1GUH
05-25-2011, 09:04 AM

Don't follow leaders Watch the Parking Meters

Oops! Wrong thread! :lol:

Here's an interesting site about parking meters. (http://blog.t2systems.com/blog/stefs-parking-solution/dont-follow-leaders-watch-the-parking-meters-bob-dylan)

W1GUH
05-25-2011, 09:06 AM
About 16 years ago I had to take a wicked dump after dropping a friend off at the airport. I went to the Spokane Amtrak station cause I knew they had a nice, clean restroom.
The nearby parking spaces were ALL empty and metered, I couldn't wait.

Got 12 minutes (the min) on the meter and went into the station.
When I got back I was ONE minute over the 12, a ticket on the windshield, and no meter reader in sight.
Well guess what? Never paid the sucker. HAAH!

"I had to take a wicked dump "

Don't think we really had a need to know for that pearl of information! ;)

BTW...who is that over-the-top creepy alein-type in you avatar. Looks like he's going for perv of the century.

w2amr
05-25-2011, 04:33 PM
George, I think you're missing the part about how they show the worst of the worst to sensationalize the show and also to rationalize the existence of such a practice.I guess that's what makes it so much fun to watch.

KG4CGC
05-25-2011, 05:13 PM
Grumpy OF. ;)

w2amr
05-26-2011, 04:03 AM
Grumpy OF. ;)And I try so hard not to be.

KG4CGC
05-26-2011, 07:44 AM
Speaking of parking, Big Red getting her morning run?

w2amr
05-26-2011, 03:57 PM
Speaking of parking, Big Red getting her morning run?
Kath and I took it out to get water ice on Sat. First time it's been out of the garage in months.

kb2vxa
05-28-2011, 03:55 PM
"Grumpy OF."
Hey, who's stealing my thunder?!