PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Travis KB3LAZ

VE7DCW
05-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Happy Birthday to you Travis .......been a long time since you've been seen on the Island ....but HB anyways OM! :-D

W2NAP
05-21-2011, 08:27 PM
happy bday...

where he been anyway

K7SGJ
05-21-2011, 08:42 PM
Happy Birthday. I hope you get laid.

N2NH
05-21-2011, 09:11 PM
A very Happy Birthday Travis.

http://i351.photobucket.com/albums/q469/theblackperal/FoamyGothicCake1-1.jpg

W7XF
05-21-2011, 09:55 PM
Maybe Gretchen will drag him on here.

N2NH
05-21-2011, 10:02 PM
I think Abby is more his style...

W2NAP
05-21-2011, 10:04 PM
NCIS Abby is pretty hot.

NQ6U
05-22-2011, 01:16 AM
HBD, Travis!

KG4CGC
05-22-2011, 01:19 AM
red drinks red drinks red rum red rum sknird der!

NA4BH
05-22-2011, 01:29 AM
I like some of what SKYNYRD did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQlCxE4z3u4&feature=related

PA5COR
05-22-2011, 02:51 AM
Happy Birthday Travis ;)

rot
05-22-2011, 07:12 AM
Where you is?
Howdy Birthday nonetheless.
Enjaws you Bday.
rot

N8YX
05-22-2011, 08:56 AM
Happy birthday!

Hope all is going well for you - perhaps we'll get to catch up a bit at Breezeshooters...

KC2UGV
05-22-2011, 09:39 AM
Happy natal anniversary!

N8GAV
05-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Happy Birthday Travis, hope your having fun doing whatever vampires do on their birthdays

W3MIV
05-22-2011, 07:35 PM
Vampires have birthdays? Wonder how old my mother-in-law is? :shock:

HBD, Travis!

VE7DCW
05-22-2011, 10:38 PM
Vampires have birthdays? Wonder how old my mother-in-law is? :shock:

HBD, Travis!

I always look at it as "Lifes a bitch...... then there's your mother-in-law" :lol:

I hope it was a Happy Birthday Travis......wherever you are.... !;)

NA4BH
05-22-2011, 10:42 PM
Travis must have found some real friends to hang out with. :lol:

Happy Birthday :clap:

KG4CGC
05-22-2011, 11:04 PM
Travis must have found some real friends to hang out with. :lol:

Happy Birthday :clap:
Cop training.

NA4BH
05-22-2011, 11:09 PM
Cop training.

I see your cryptic message here. Mod training for QRZ. :rofl:

I wish the young man well in whatever he pursues. (Good Kid)

K7SGJ
05-22-2011, 11:23 PM
Last I heard he was looking for a Bloody Mary. Naturally, I thought of an early morning cocktail, but with a vampire, it may be a more of a late sunset activity for two.
Who knew?

KB3LAZ
05-27-2011, 11:13 PM
Lol ty everyone. Yes, I have been away for quite some time now. Though it has not just been here. As for my birthday, it was just another day. With each passing year it seems that your birthday becomes more and more like any other day of the week. Im not saying that is a bad thing though. Either way it was a good day and thank you to everyone that wished me a happy BD.

As for where I have been and what I have been doing, here it goes. I was in line so to speak to go to the police academy however the slots were filled before I even had a chance to take my exams..grrr.. However this did give me time to hit the books harder and catch up on some schooling full time. On top of that I was working for GM under a subcontract through Ryder Inc in logistics. During this time I worked my way up the ladder rather quickly landing myself a floor level management job making decent pay which allows me to pay for schooling at a much easier rate than I once was. Ie less loans + paying off current loans.

Delving into my personal life things have been a bit complex. Eleven months ago I met a girl here in a seminar from Spain. She was merely passing the time while waiting for a meeting with the head of our exchange program about taking a four year contract that would allow her to teach Spanish state side at a local high school. After a few months of getting to know one another we got more than a little attached and now have plans to move (to the Columbus area where she will be teaching) and are looking into appartments as well as job relocation for me. This will happen around Aug 26th. After that we have plans to fly to Spain for three months in the summer of 2012 to mingle with her family...possibly future in-laws.

Well anyway, there you have it.

Again ty for the many happy birthday wishes I have received. And now that my life is starting to settle down (at least for the next two months) I hope to be around a bit more once again.

Oh and John, yes I will be at Breeze Shooters. :) Hope to see you there, as well as the other locals/semi locals that show up every year.

NA4BH
05-27-2011, 11:21 PM
Welcome back !!!!!!!!!

KB3LAZ
05-27-2011, 11:34 PM
Welcome back !!!!!!!!!

Ty :)

KG4CGC
05-27-2011, 11:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVS3WNt7yRU

NQ6U
05-28-2011, 12:36 AM
Well, goddamn it, someone with an actual life...

Nice to see you back, Travis. Good luck with both school and the YL!

KB3LAZ
05-28-2011, 12:50 AM
Well, goddamn it, someone with an actual life...

Nice to see you back, Travis. Good luck with both school and the YL!

lol thank you

PA5COR
05-28-2011, 01:06 AM
Good reading Travis, congrats on the YL you picked up ;
Looks like your life turned positive, and i can wish you just the best in life.

Take care now, good Luck!

KB3LAZ
05-28-2011, 01:09 AM
^^ Ty

W3WN
05-28-2011, 01:15 AM
Wish I'd seen this thread before the other... welcome back Trav!

So... cutting to the chase...

how many burgers do you want at Breezeshooters... or do you prefer hot dogs? And is the YL coming along?

KB3LAZ
05-28-2011, 01:23 AM
Wish I'd seen this thread before the other... welcome back Trav!

So... cutting to the chase...

how many burgers do you want at Breezeshooters... or do you prefer hot dogs? And is the YL coming along?

Actually like burgers but idk how long I will be there. Who knows, for once I may make it an all day thing. And no the YL is in Spain until July 23 QQ. I hope to be there with her From June 30th-July 9th. :) I need to remember to ask her mother what her fathers call was as he was also a ham but she doesnt remember his call. He is SK now.

w2amr
05-28-2011, 11:23 AM
Happy birthday Travis. Nice to see you again.

ki4itv
05-28-2011, 12:12 PM
HB Travis.
Don't be such a stranger. This board works after dark too, ya' know. ;)

KC2UGV
05-28-2011, 08:25 PM
Wow, you've been quite busy we see now! Congrats on the job, the significant other, and the upcoming move!

KG4CGC
05-28-2011, 11:59 PM
Wow, you've been quite busy we see now! Congrats on the job, the significant other, and the upcoming move!
And the pigeon.

KB3LAZ
05-29-2011, 12:13 AM

Ty :) I have to admit I was rather intimidated at the thought of meeting her mother. Rather traditional family and Pilar and I have a 10 year age difference (her being 10 years older than I but most of you could have guessed that). Not to mention that her family is devout Catholic and I am atheist. However not bad at all. The only family of hers that I have met is her mother and sister. Only once in person most times over skype calls as they live in spain. The only major complexity was language barrier beings her mother doesnt speak English and my Spanish is very lacking.

I guess we are going to a 3 day fiesta next April which I look forward to. :)

W3WN
05-29-2011, 05:16 PM
Actually like burgers but idk how long I will be there. Who knows, for once I may make it an all day thing. And no the YL is in Spain until July 23 QQ. I hope to be there with her From June 30th-July 9th. :) I need to remember to ask her mother what her fathers call was as he was also a ham but she doesnt remember his call. He is SK now.
Understood. And I think I asked you the question again in the other thread, just ignore it...

I know Fred is planning to be at Breezeshooters, I don't know about any other Islanders. We usually start grilling around 11:30, so if you're around, consider yourself invited. (If any other Islanders plan to be at Breezeshooters & would like to participate in the WASH picnic, let me know. All are welcome, we just want to have an idea of how many are coming... and I have to formally invite you. It's a procedural thing)

We can arrange for a burger with your call on it. And if KB3HVN brings his laser engraver/printer again, I can guarantee it...

KG4CGC
05-29-2011, 11:58 PM
A 'callburger?"
Random link (http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?237603-Declaration-of-Indigestion)

W3WN
05-30-2011, 12:10 AM
A 'callburger?"Yup.

Dan was able to use the laser to etch his call on a frozen burger patty.

KG4CGC
05-30-2011, 12:31 AM
Yup.

Dan was able to use the laser to etch his call on a frozen burger patty.
Well don't leave us hanging Brother Ron! Dish on the burger laser!

W3WN
05-30-2011, 12:49 AM
Nothing really to dish.

Dan KB3HVN has a side business doing embroidery, plaques, etc. That year, he brought his laser engraver unit with him to the flea market... and he did make a few things "on the spot," though not enough to really justify it.

We started kidding around about the "burger with my name on it" bit, one thing led to another, and sure enough, we found he could laser-engrave onto a frozen burger patty. The proof is right there in the photo.

And then I cooked it for him over a hot charcoal grill, and Dan ate the burger with his call on it. And it was good.

KG4CGC
05-30-2011, 01:51 AM
Nothing really to dish.

Dan KB3HVN has a side business doing embroidery, plaques, etc. That year, he brought his laser engraver unit with him to the flea market... and he did make a few things "on the spot," though not enough to really justify it.

We started kidding around about the "burger with my name on it" bit, one thing led to another, and sure enough, we found he could laser-engrave onto a frozen burger patty. The proof is right there in the photo.

And then I cooked it for him over a hot charcoal grill, and Dan ate the burger with his call on it. And it was good.
well I'd that is quite, a dish!

N2NH
05-30-2011, 03:13 AM
HB Travis.
Don't be such a stranger. This board works after dark too, ya' know. ;)

Yeh, but that's Vampire 9-5 time.

kf0rt
05-30-2011, 10:11 PM
Nothing really to dish.

I do that shit for a living (on the engineering side). You don't EVEN want to know... how bad I want out.