PDA

View Full Version : Ah gots to have 'em now....

W1GUH
05-08-2011, 09:38 PM
BA's. If I see one at a hamfest for a good price & it's in decent shape, I just can't resist. Then, when I get 'em home and start working on 'em I lose track of all time and can't think of anything else but the next thing to do to get a radio working. Always thinking about it. On the commute...at work...walking around town.

No matter how much I get, it's just never enough. I tell myself, "How many radios do you really need, really?" But it's no use. Before I come to my senses I'm either handing over money or telling the guy I'll be right back after a trip to the ATM.

I think I need rehab.

NQ6U
05-08-2011, 09:42 PM
I know that if I ever have any disposable income again, I will probably end up with way too many old Drake radios.

W1GUH
05-08-2011, 09:59 PM
And it starts out so innocently.

KG4CGC
05-08-2011, 10:02 PM
How much do you love the Hammarlund SP600?

KI6LWI
05-08-2011, 11:10 PM
Usually it's my wife that's asking "how many radios do you really need..."

NQ6U
05-08-2011, 11:36 PM
Usually it's my wife that's asking "how many radios do you really need..."

Oh, well, yeah, that's happens to everybody. But when you start asking yourself that question, that's when you know things have gotten out of hand.

BTW, welcome to the Island, Jarret, always good to see another Six Lander here. Barkeep, set this man up with the drink of his choice and put it on my tab!

KI6LWI
05-09-2011, 12:48 AM
Thanks! I've been lurking for a while now, and actually made an account here back in '09 but never posted and I guess it got deleted, so I made a new one. I'm actually originally from NC, but stationed out here in 6-land at Travis AFB. Pass the Jim Beam :cheers:

W1GUH
05-09-2011, 08:05 AM
Hear that, Barkeep? Make it a double.

Welcome!

KG4CGC
05-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Barkeep, set this man up with the drink of his choice and put it on my tab!
That's just a figure of speech around here. We don't keep no stinkin' tabs! Welcome to Island!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/drinks/boat_drinks.jpg

W2NAP
05-11-2011, 02:14 PM
I know that if I ever have any disposable income again, I will probably end up with way too many old Drake radios.

I know that if I ever have any disposable income again, ill prob die the next day.

W3WN
05-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Well, I'm in no position to talk.

Just picked up a Hallicrafters S-108. Need it like I need a spider from San Diego, but it was a fixture in the old QTH and I just couldn't resist.

So much for the shekels I'm getting by selling that S9vJr... spent it before I even got it...

NQ6U
05-11-2011, 05:19 PM
I know that if I ever have any disposable income again, ill prob die the next day.

That's unnecessarily cynical. Undoubtedly, inarguably true, but unnecessarily cynical...

NQ6U
05-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Need it like I need a spider from San Diego.

I have a small herd of baby black widows growing up in my garden shed. I've been killing them as I come across them but if you'd like, I'd be happy to send some to you instead.

W3WN
05-11-2011, 07:57 PM
I have a small herd of baby black widows growing up in my garden shed. I've been killing them as I come across them but if you'd like, I'd be happy to send some to you instead.Only if they were raised by Betty Jo Bialovski.

KG4CGC
05-11-2011, 08:10 PM
I have a small herd of baby black widows growing up in my garden shed. I've been killing them as I come across them but if you'd like, I'd be happy to send some to you instead.There's a Black Widow Spider Museum in Crest that even has a Black Widowmobile on display.

NQ6U
05-12-2011, 01:20 AM
Only if they were raised by Betty Jo Bialovski.

I hadn't that name since high school. Everyone knew her as Nancy.