PDA

View Full Version : FCC comment time - AT&T T-Mobile merger

KC2UGV
05-02-2011, 07:56 AM
http://phandroid.com/2011/04/30/fcc-wants-your-input-on-the-t-mobile-buyout/

Here's your chance to submit a comment to the FCC about this.

WØTKX
05-02-2011, 08:04 AM
I'm a fan of the merger technology wise, but it is a monopoly move. Was considering switching to T-Mobile, but...

FWIW, I've been with AT&T, then Verizon (shitty billing) for two years, then (back to) Cingular, morphed back to AT&T. No land line since 1994, I prefer a cell phone.

If nobody calls ya, it's cheap with the rollover minutes taking care of busy times. Employer uses AT&T as well, so I never get charged for those calls. Works for me, the bill is always just under $50.

W2NAP
05-02-2011, 02:18 PM
i dont own a phone. if you want to talk to me, i have a radio.

dit dit

NQ6U
05-02-2011, 02:23 PM
i dont own a phone. if you want to talk to me, i have a radio.

Too Twentieth Century for me. If you want to talk to me, use drums. My drum number is (BOOM BOOM BOOM) BOOM BABOOMBOOM-BOOMBOOMBOOM BOOMBABOOMBOOM BABOOM BABOOM. Leave a message.

WØTKX
05-02-2011, 02:48 PM
http://www.faltufun.com/images/stories/FunnyPics/AnimatedPics/monkey-drummer.gif

NQ6U
05-02-2011, 02:49 PM
http://www.faltufun.com/images/stories/FunnyPics/AnimatedPics/monkey-drummer.gif

"The number you have boomed is not in service. Please check the number and try booming again."

n2ize
05-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Too Twentieth Century for me. If you want to talk to me, use drums. My drum number is (BOOM BOOM BOOM) BOOM BABOOMBOOM-BOOMBOOMBOOM BOOMBABOOMBOOM BABOOM BABOOM. Leave a message.

Drums are too modern. If you want to talk to me you'll have to walk on foot till you reach my cave.

W3WN
05-03-2011, 08:22 PM
I guess the T-Mobile vs AT&T spots (that ape the Mac vs PC spots) aren't long for the airwaves then, are they?

NQ6U
05-03-2011, 08:26 PM
I guess the T-Mobile vs AT&T spots (that ape the Mac vs PC spots) aren't long for the airwaves then, are they?

Enough reason to support the merger right there.

KG4CGC
05-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Some time in the last 2 weeks, AT&T has slowed down their internet connections. DSL and 3G has slowed down to a crawl. I have confirmed this with other users. I believe the focus is all 4G now. At home we use cable but mobile I'm with AT&T and my outdated 3G Moto Backflip.

WØTKX
05-04-2011, 01:29 PM
Comcast is $pendy, but it's still the fastest game in this town. Gawd, I wish we had FIOS.

W2NAP
05-04-2011, 01:33 PM
i hate comcrap, such a shit monopoly.

comcast motto: fuck the customers we just want the money

NQ6U
05-04-2011, 01:42 PM
i hate comcrap, such a shit monopoly.

comcast motto: fuck the customers we just want the money

How is that different than any other large corporation?

WØTKX
05-04-2011, 01:47 PM
Yea, and I only watch about seven of the channels with any errr... frequency.

In order of how much I view 'em, approx.

1) Discovery Channel.
....American Chopper, Mythbusters, Deadliest Catch, American Car Kings, Overhaulin', etc. Cash Cab even. :lol:

2) Comedy Central.
....The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Tosh.0, Dave Chapelle, various stand up comedy shows and movies.

3) PBS (better over the air, as it's HD).
....Nova, Antiques Road Show. Nature, Frontline. British Comedies, and other science shows.

4) History Channel.
....American Pickers, American Restoration, Pawn Stars, Modern Marvels, The Universe, and recently, Inspector America.

5) Cartoon Network.
....[Adult Swim]. Lots of it. :yes:

6) Travel Channel.
....No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain, and Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern.

7) Local FOX.
....Best local traffic, weather and news for me. FOX animated shows... sometimes "House".

NQ6U
05-04-2011, 01:55 PM
6) Travel Channel.
....No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain, and Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern.

Bourdain totally cracks me up. I'll bet it would be a gas to hang with him for a day.