PDA

View Full Version : Dog Rescue

w2amr
04-30-2011, 06:41 AM
On thursday afternoon I found a miniature dachshund that I called Rudy wandering by the side of the road, near the boat ramp in West Deptford. Wet , hungry , and frightened, He let me pick him up and take him home. After some food and water , he warmed up to me and began following me around the garage, and ended up laying in my lap. If anyone in the South Jersey area is interested in adopting this sweet little dog, please fill out an adoption form at the Gloucester county animal shelter. 1200 N. Delsea Drive, Clayton N.J. 856 881 2828
Mention his ID/ticket number is 206016.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5263/5672296032_08b3068209.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5261/5671726429_c2b5a3b884.jpg

rot
04-30-2011, 07:00 AM
Wifey just buzzed by and commented "I WANT RUDY". Damn you George.
Hope he gets home...
rot

w2amr
04-30-2011, 07:03 AM
Wifey just buzzed by and commented "I WANT RUDY". Damn you George.
Hope he gets home...
rotThey have to keep him for a week to see if his owners claim him. After that he goes up for adoption. If we didn't have Leyna...........

W4GPL
04-30-2011, 07:41 AM
Aww. He'll get snapped up by someone, I'm sure. Does he not have a microchip?

w2amr
04-30-2011, 07:57 AM
Aww. He'll get snapped up by someone, I'm sure. Does he not have a microchip?I called to check on him Friday. They said that they scanned him and there was no chip.

WØTKX
04-30-2011, 08:54 AM
Rudy is kinda ironic, eh? Good job George, he needed help. I hope he finds his home, previous or new.

Every pet needs a chip. My rescue Maine Coon kitty Milhous is chipped. He's a very outdoor kitty, and it's a good thing. I get emails every six months to remind me to get it checked during vet visits, and they send a verification email after it's done. I wanna put an APRS device on him someday, to track his movements.

Mihous in full shag winter coat, laying on the warm asphalt. Ahhhh, belly rubz!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_fBdurq0aiP8/Ta3XrHOVYqI/AAAAAAAAAk0/ZkTBYTVdc-g/s640/SANY0014.JPG

KG4CGC
04-30-2011, 09:52 AM
Those little wiener dogs are so cute. Weren't they bred for running into rabbit holes?

w2amr
04-30-2011, 10:16 AM
Those little wiener dogs are so cute. Weren't they bred for running into rabbit holes?I doubt if he would be able to get back out.

KJ3N
04-30-2011, 11:26 AM
I called to check on him Friday. They said that they scanned him and there was no chip.

Having been involved in situation that a dog was found with no chip, we had the new Bichon puppy chipped ASAP. I'd hate like hell to have her go missing.

N9FE
04-30-2011, 12:27 PM
Having one pet allready is allawys tough. My daughter now has two dogs, One found, And three cats, Two found. I told her if she keeps it up she'll have to get a zoo permit.

W4GPL
04-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Though I loved my 2nd dog.. I'll never have two dogs again. It's waaaaay too much work, especially if one of the dogs turns into the jealous type.

WØTKX
04-30-2011, 12:43 PM
If I ever have an Akita in my life again, I'll get two, one male and one female. Bond them young, but fix 'em.

Maybe a rescue situation, which is what I'd prefer of course.

Spitz-like snow dogs are so wolf-like, they do a lot better in a pair like that.

But I lke the wolfie brain. Smart, very trainable. Little dominance needed if EVER... "cause I have the treats!

NQ6U
04-30-2011, 05:55 PM
Hello.

Rudy??

rot
04-30-2011, 05:59 PM
We have four now. One around 13 yrs (WB), one at 7yrs (Lucy), and 2 new pups(Betsy and Barley). About every 5 or so years introduce a new pair of pups. Everybody gets spayed or neutered. Vet bills well we got em. It's cool from the small pack scenario. The pups get absolutely abused by the WB, gnarled at...get away from the food etc. Lucy, mitigates alot and does alot of the return to puppyland stuff with play. She lost her brother around Thanksgiving and it has really brought the ole spark back for her. I know it aint suppose to be, but she's my fave. The two pups engage each other constantly. All four head out in the morn for the poop,pee and find some horseshit to roll in tour with the old one constantly gnarling at the pups. Eventually they all seem to hang close and do not wander off to out to far. At one time had as many as eight. Definitely not for everyone, but if me and the wife agree on anything it is the dogsville approach. Absolutely hilarious watching WB stroll the yard with a new puppy toy in her mouth heading for who knows where.
Anyway the gang wishes many a tail wag to Rudy.
rot

WØTKX
04-30-2011, 07:24 PM
Hello

Rudy? Because he was a such a lost weiner.

That is all. :)

w2amr
05-17-2011, 04:00 PM
On thursday afternoon I found a miniature dachshund that I called Rudy wandering by the side of the road, near the boat ramp in West Deptford. Wet , hungry , and frightened, He let me pick him up and take him home. After some food and water , he warmed up to me and began following me around the garage, and ended up laying in my lap. If anyone in the South Jersey area is interested in adopting this sweet little dog, please fill out an adoption form at the Gloucester county animal shelter. 1200 N. Delsea Drive, Clayton N.J. 856 881 2828
Mention his ID/ticket number is 206016.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5263/5672296032_08b3068209.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5261/5671726429_c2b5a3b884.jpg
I just found out that several days before he was to be adopted, The poor little guy got sick with a form of parvo and died.:(

WØTKX
05-17-2011, 05:09 PM
Awww, that stinks. At least he found some friends before he got sick.

NQ6U
05-17-2011, 05:14 PM
Sucks. That is all. Well, except for maybe this: any human who abandons pets should be reincarnated as one.

w2amr
05-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Sucks. That is all. Well, except for maybe this: any human who abandons pets should be reincarnated as one.
..... and then adopted by Vick.

KG4CGC
05-17-2011, 07:18 PM
I'm sorry man.

w2amr
05-18-2011, 04:00 AM
I'm sorry man.
Tnx.

W3WN
05-18-2011, 07:42 AM
Bummer. Very sorry to hear this.

N8YX
05-18-2011, 08:03 AM
Sorry to hear it, George. Losing a pet or having one get sick on you really sucks.

w2amr
05-18-2011, 02:03 PM
Sorry to hear it, George. Losing a pet or having one get sick on you really sucks.We only spent about 2 hrs together. I get attached very quickly.

N8YX
05-18-2011, 03:17 PM
We only spent about 2 hrs together. I get attached very quickly.
We have a "free" cat - cross between a Manx and black-and-white tabby.

Free, as in about $5k invested thus far.

'DSG took him to the vet on Monday for what was supposed to be a routine teeth cleaning. He came home minus all his teeth because the friggin' vet couldn't interpret his own instructions properly! :angry:

Little guy hasn't eaten anything since Sunday afternoon - mouth is inflamed, bleeding from the extraction and the critter won't let me near him with the pain meds which I'm supposed to administer orally. Won't even respond to chicken or turkey and he's usually crawling in my lap - attempting to thieve a piece - when I eat the stuff.

I'm getting worried about him.

w2amr
05-18-2011, 03:56 PM
We have a "free" cat - cross between a Manx and black-and-white tabby.

Free, as in about $5k invested thus far.

'DSG took him to the vet on Monday for what was supposed to be a routine teeth cleaning. He came home minus all his teeth because the friggin' vet couldn't interpret his own instructions properly! :angry:

Little guy hasn't eaten anything since Sunday afternoon - mouth is inflamed, bleeding from the extraction and the critter won't let me near him with the pain meds which I'm supposed to administer orally. Won't even respond to chicken or turkey and he's usually crawling in my lap - attempting to thieve a piece - when I eat the stuff.

I'm getting worried about him.
WTF! They pulled ALL his teeth?

N8YX
05-18-2011, 04:17 PM
WTF! They pulled ALL his teeth?
Yep.

He had three incisors left, having had a number of teeth removed previously. Mild peritonitis with the remaining ones but nothing which wasn't addressable with routine cleaning and oral medication.

Doc had "discussed" extraction with us before but I wanted to hold off for a couple months - get the cat a little stronger and able to cope with the aftereffects of the anesthetic.

This incident gives proof to the term "Assumption is the mother of all fsck-ups".

w2amr
05-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Yep.

He had three incisors left, having had a number of teeth removed previously. Mild peritonitis with the remaining ones but nothing which wasn't addressable with routine cleaning and oral medication.

Doc had "discussed" extraction with us before but I wanted to hold off for a couple months - get the cat a little stronger and able to cope with the aftereffects of the anesthetic.

This incident gives proof to the term "Assumption is the mother of all fsck-ups". Damn, you need a new vet Fred.

N2NH
05-18-2011, 05:28 PM
Sorry to hear this. I can't imagine life without dogs (or cats).