PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Security Essentials

X-Rated
04-29-2011, 12:21 AM
Anyone know anything about it? Is it any good? Does it clean the mess?

PA5COR
04-29-2011, 05:19 AM
Yep, running it, does'n't hog system resources and doing what iit needs to do quietly in the background.
;)

X-Rated
04-29-2011, 07:14 AM
Yep, running it, does'n't hog system resources and doing what iit needs to do quietly in the background.
;)

Thank you. That's great.

n6hcm
05-02-2011, 03:27 AM
;)

ditto.

KC2UGV
05-02-2011, 07:11 AM
I don't know about you, but I wouldn't trust a company that releases software so full of holes to guard my system from those same holes being exploited. Something about "fox guarding the hen house" comes to mind here.

PA5COR
05-02-2011, 09:58 AM
All virus scanners/malware scanners are not perfect.
The reason for backups ;)

W3WN
05-12-2011, 07:57 AM
I installed MSE on the old laptop I got for my daughter last year. A little nasty got in and disabled it & Windows Defender. Never could get either to run or restart again (security rights issue, clearly something got mucked up in the Registry).

I ended up putting Avast! on the machine and got rid of the nasty. I've discontinued attempts to reload the two packages, mainly because of an unrelated problem (screen failure on the laptop) that will result in the machine being scrapped.

At the moment, I am not comfortable with the package. Let's see what they do with it in time.

n6hcm
05-16-2011, 04:37 AM
I don't know about you, but I wouldn't trust a company that releases software so full of holes to guard my system from those same holes being exploited. Something about "fox guarding the hen house" comes to mind here.

i have nothing on my windows systems (at home) that matters. i could format them all in the next hour and not cry.

the folks who make av and malware scanners all have their own agendas.