PDA

View Full Version : Hugh-Middy here

kc7jty
04-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Khridst the goddammed hughmiddy here is nutz. Every time I visit the east I know why I left.
All's I gotta do is get up and I'm soaked due to over exertion.
Take something from the freezer to thaw and in one hour you need a scuba outfit to enter the kitchen.

I don't know how anybody stands it.
Oh!, and the tree pollen, nevermind...that's another thread. Sides, we have that in the west too.

rot
04-27-2011, 04:34 PM
A bit swampy here, but a breeze or two makes it doable.
I no like the cold anymore, nope do not like it one bit.
rot

n2ize
04-27-2011, 04:38 PM
It's pretty humid up here in southeast NY right now. Not as warm as yesterday but the humidity makes you feel more like its around 90. Yeah, the east coast is notorious for its humidity. Tomorrow they are talking about thunderstorms, some possibly severe.

W1GUH
04-27-2011, 04:59 PM
Ah....but the sensation of walking out of 100/100 air into air conditioning is SO NICE!!!!

I also like the sensation of leaving AC that's too cold and warming up outside. But I agree that when the temp/humidity is so high that I'm soaked a second after stepping outside, that's not right.

N8YX
04-27-2011, 05:34 PM
Got up this morning, dressed to go to the gym and everything was soaking wet - but it hadn't rained since the previous evening. So thick you could cut it with a knife.

n2ize
04-27-2011, 05:37 PM
Ah....but the sensation of walking out of 100/100 air into air conditioning is SO NICE!!!!

I also like the sensation of leaving AC that's too cold and warming up outside. But I agree that when the temp/humidity is so high that I'm soaked a second after stepping outside, that's not right.

I actually like the high heat and humidity. But I also like the bitter cold and wind. This past winter was great. It will be interesting to see how the summer turns out.

kc7jty
04-27-2011, 06:08 PM
I have very mild asthma. Doing that repeatedly on a hot day, and breathing gasoline/petroleum distillate fumes or strong chemical perfume are the only things that piss it off.

KG4CGC
04-27-2011, 06:38 PM
Without good humidity, air conditioners don't work very well.

WØTKX
04-27-2011, 06:47 PM
And swamp coolers work great where it's dry. I like it cool, and dry.

We got some snow between Denver and CO Springs last night. And of course, the mountains.

kc7jty
04-27-2011, 08:18 PM
My 15k btu air conder in Idaho works just fine when it's 92 w 18% humidity.

WØTKX
04-27-2011, 10:51 PM
Of course it does. I use a 8000 BTU AC. With a few fans it cools my little 800 sq foot house just fine,
unless it gets over 105 or so, and then I close off some rooms. This would not work at high humidity.

It's a rare night that the temp does not drop to 65 or colder.

kc7jty
04-27-2011, 11:20 PM
I thought my place was small @ 1050. The AC is permanently mounted in the wall. To replace it I have to redo the vinyl siding all around it. Blows across the living room and down the hall. Cools the whole place without any need for fans.
yes, very rare to not go below 65 at night in summer. el = 2,000'.
Quite rare to get above 95 too.

n2ize
04-28-2011, 02:54 AM
Of course it does. I use a 8000 BTU AC. With a few fans it cools my little 800 sq foot house just fine,
unless it gets over 105 or so, and then I close off some rooms. This would not work at high humidity.

It's a rare night that the temp does not drop to 65 or colder.

hah, around here in the summer we get some nights where the temp stays in the mid 80's through the night with very high humidity. You can smell the musty interiors of peoples homes and apartments all the way out into the street in the still motionless hot humid night air. Unlike fall and winter during summer the air is usually very still at night. Toypical nights it gets into the 70's. But I remember one night it cooled down to 68 after sunset and then in the middle of the night the temp shot up to 86 deg and the next two days was about 98-100 and incredibly humid.