PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing on Easter Sunday?

NQ6U
04-23-2011, 10:08 PM
Going to church? Eating ham? Hiding eggs for the kids?

Me, I'm just hangin' with my peeps, G.

http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz79/gyrogeerloose/Photoon2011-04-23at20032.jpg

kc7jty
04-23-2011, 10:55 PM
Life can b a marshmallow. Gunna have din din w sister and Pop.

N2NH
04-23-2011, 11:23 PM
Going to enjoy the weather and take a walk in the park.

http://besenretail.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/forttryonpark.jpg

kc7jty
04-24-2011, 12:58 AM
enjoy it for tomorrow we shall surely die.

PA5COR
04-24-2011, 01:02 AM
Enjoying the sunny warm weather sipping coffee i the backyard and preparing for the next 2 weeks 12 hour workdays...doijg a business fair and installing security camera's the week after.

WX7P
04-24-2011, 01:04 AM
Going to church? Eating ham? Hiding eggs for the kids?

Me, I'm just hangin' with my peeps, G.

http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz79/gyrogeerloose/Photoon2011-04-23at20032.jpg

Bravo Carlo! Doing the same!

N7YA
04-24-2011, 04:57 AM
Im going to work on the new house with my son, and ill probably raise a toast to the Druidic folks who were celebrating "Easter" for thousands of years before megachurch came along and gave us human-sized magical rabbits who break into your house and leave painted, boiled chicken fetuses hidden everywhere...and chocolate nestled in fake grass too!

rot
04-24-2011, 05:54 AM
Wife has to work the 12 hr ER shift. She left a huge ChocoBunny here with an expectation of some remaining when she gets home.
My son and I will engulf it, then pick some yard flowers,write the apology speech, and present it to the best of our abilities upon her return.
She knows this game well and only endeavors these temptations to base the Irish guilt trip which is in the end, will rise its ugly head.
I will personally blame everything on my son as I bloat in the corner covered with choco trails on my face.
Hopefully, we will have a few laughs along the way today and wish this for all.

Yalls haves good ones.
:cheers:
rot

I

W3MIV
04-24-2011, 06:16 AM
We have "the kid" here (been here all week during the Easter break). I will roast a ham, which will be accompanied by potato salad, cole slaw and deviled eggs. My xyl plans to take "the kid" to church this morning; I plan to repair to the radddio room to see if perhaps Jesus is working twenty this morning.

There is, somewhere hidden from me (I cannot walk past an easter egg and leave it intact), a basket of green, frazzled paper replete with sundry confections that is reserved for "the kid;" it will be withdrawn from its safe house once they have returned from what I consider (but cannot say) to be an annual display of blatant hypocrisy.

Easter is, in the memorable phrase written for Walter Cronkite, "a day like all days, filled with those events that alter and illuminate our time." Which is to say, a day like any other. Enjoy it. If you are with your families, enjoy it the more. But don't do it because it is Easter, but because you have yet another chance to love and be loved and spend time with them whom you cherish.

My best wishes go out to you all.

N8YX
04-24-2011, 08:25 AM
Pigging out at 'DSG's in-laws. :yes:

KG4CGC
04-24-2011, 08:39 AM
A good day to see if the lake fish are hungry for barbed morsels.
That's what I'd like to do. Or take a ride. The back and secondary roads are better today. Yesterday and Friday were not good days to be on the road.

Go see the near Octogenarians.

N8GAV
04-24-2011, 09:35 AM
Pigging out at 'DSG's in-laws. :yes:

I used to do that Fred, but now Bonnie and I are the in-laws. Enjoing the day with the grand kids and all the fixens to eat.

W3WN
04-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Made the boss and Little Miss Field Day breakfast. Looked at the sugar free cookies she got me in the basket, which I can't touch until Passover is over. Enjoying a few hours of peace & quiet while they're at church.

Will also have a few hours of P&Q this afternoon, weather permitting, if the Pirate game is on (Jessie's orthodontist gave her two tickets and a parking pass at the club level... but only two), so I plan to do some yard work, walk the dog, grill a steak, and work some 12 meters if the band is open.

Then we get to have a family dinner as the sister-in-laws. If it's anything like last year, I won't be able to eat too much, she tends to "forget" (which is why I plan on having the steak).

Typical Easter.

kc7jty
04-24-2011, 10:38 AM
But don't do it because it is Easter, but because you have yet another chance to love and be loved and spend time with them whom you cherish.
Some things rise above that mean level that is determined by the tallest heads in a crowd. This is one of those things.

W3MIV
04-24-2011, 11:01 AM
Typical Easter.

But they love you. Remember: "dayeinu." Hope you enjoy your day in spite of the tiny lapses.

W5GA
04-24-2011, 11:30 AM
I just installed a new toilet...what fun!

W4GPL
04-24-2011, 11:33 AM
Not a low flow, I hope!

I have big plans to do nothing. Heavenly. I believe there's some NHRA on tonight too. Giggity.

W3MIV
04-24-2011, 11:35 AM

You will feel differently when you need to use it. ;)

Enjoy!

kc7jty
04-24-2011, 11:35 AM

Did you shi-init yet?

W5GA
04-24-2011, 11:39 AM
Not a low flow, I hope!
All you can buy, unfortunately. It has to flush better than what I took out, though. I got so tired of having to use the plunger on a routine basis! The new one is flush rated at 5 stars, so we'll see soon enough if that means anything...maybe only 2 plunger strokes instead of 1/2 dozen.

ki4itv
04-24-2011, 11:41 AM
Morning with family and little preening of the yard.
Now? 17m is workin to EU and Denmark was booming...and a little Island cruising.
Mid-afternoon---Mechanicsville, Va and birthday party for good friend, and musician, where great frivolity and merriment will find itself massaged by the live music of those who attend.
So I will probably be hammered later....fair warning. :yes:

W3MIV
04-24-2011, 11:43 AM
Play. Don't drive. We don't mind if you post drunken nonsense. It won't be much different than much of the sober nonsense that we see. ;)

NQ6U
04-24-2011, 11:44 AM
All you can buy, unfortunately. It has to flush better than what I took out, though. I got so tired of having to use the plunger on a routine basis! The new one is flush rated at 5 stars, so we'll see soon enough if that means anything...maybe only 2 plunger strokes instead of 1/2 dozen.

I bought a 1.5 gallon flush toilet at the Home Despot a couple of years ago and it flushes far better than the 3-gallon flush toilet it replaced. I think I've used a plunger on it twice since I installed it (both times due to...anomalous product size and consistency).

ab1ga
04-24-2011, 11:45 AM
Working on my resume, trying to resurrect a career, while fighting off an attack of post-chocolate-bunny narcosis, even though the wee beastie was sugar free.
Also sending off what is (I hope) the last College Financial Aid Form on behalf of my aspiring artist son.
All the while enjoying a glorious morning of sun and warmth.

Happy Passover/Easter everybody, no matter who your God looks like (or doesn't).

NQ6U
04-24-2011, 11:45 AM
Morning with family and little preening of the yard.
Now? 17m is workin to EU and Denmark was booming...and a little Island cruising.
Mid-afternoon---Mechanicsville, Va and birthday party for good friend, and musician, where great frivolity and merriment will find itself massaged by the live music of those who attend.
So I will probably be hammered later....fair warning. :yes:

Oh boy! Musician's parties are the best!

W3MIV
04-24-2011, 11:47 AM
Happy Passover/Easter everybody, no matter who your God looks like (or doesn't).

...or works for. ;)

KG4CGC
04-24-2011, 12:05 PM
Mechanicsville, Va and
You give a big shout out to that special UT from all us non Space Rock™ picking Islanders.
Then just keep going.

ki4itv
04-24-2011, 12:27 PM
You give a big shout out to that special UT from all us non Space Rock™ picking Islanders.
Then just keep going.

I'll toss some tied together sneakers over his beam for us.:cheers:

KG4CGC
04-24-2011, 01:02 PM
I'll toss some tied together sneakers over his beam for us.:cheers:
#WINNING

W2NAP
04-24-2011, 03:54 PM
im doing the same thing i did yesterday and the day before and the day before that and.....

N2CHX
04-24-2011, 07:53 PM
Fucked like rabbits all morning then slept until 3, then fucked some more. Changed the oil in my motorcycle, washed it, then took it out and opened it up. 9,500 RPM in fifth gear is fast. Showered and got comfy in a cami, leggings and the fuzzy pink comfy socks my friend Kim gave me for my birthday. Right now watching zombie movies with Dan and some friends. Actually, taking an intermission right now before we watch Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter.

kf0rt
04-24-2011, 08:10 PM
Fucked like rabbits all morning then slept until 3, then fucked some more. Changed the oil in my motorcycle, washed it, then took it out and opened it up. 9,500 RPM in fifth gear is fast. Showered and got comfy in a cami, leggings and the fuzzy pink comfy socks my friend Kim gave me for my birthday. Right now watching zombie movies with Dan and some friends. Actually, taking an intermission right now before we watch Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter.

Daymmm... Can we trade places?

Lessee... Missed my shower this morning because the tribe here ran the house out of hot water. Went out to visit my Dad in rehab (took his dog). Scanned some film. Drank some rum. Oh, and steaks for dinner that I didn't have to cook myself!

Back to work tomorrow -- need the time off!

N2CHX
04-24-2011, 09:47 PM
Daymmm... Can we trade places?

Lessee... Missed my shower this morning because the tribe here ran the house out of hot water. Went out to visit my Dad in rehab (took his dog). Scanned some film. Drank some rum. Oh, and steaks for dinner that I didn't have to cook myself!

Back to work tomorrow -- need the time off!

Aside from the shower it sounds like a good day :)

You wouldn't have wanted to deal with what I had to yesterday and Friday: Literally 18 hours of wading in sewer water, cleaning out the tree roots from the main line to our house. Dan isn't handy enough to do this sort of thing so I get to. The joys of owning a 114 year old house. So anyway, yeah today I pampered myself, lol.

WØTKX
04-24-2011, 09:51 PM
You got fancy purple wellies for that sewer work, Kelli?

N2CHX
04-24-2011, 09:56 PM
You got fancy purple wellies for that sewer work, Kelli?

I have cute rainbow wellies, but I would never wear them in the basement. For that I have a big clunky pair of yellow rubber boots from Home Depot.

N7YA
04-24-2011, 09:56 PM
Slept in, watched some playoff hockey with the occassional bounce over to check the Celtics score. Took my son up to see our new house for the first time, stood on my new balcony and marveled at how lucky we were to get THAT view...180 degs, mountains and no houses will ever be built in front of us because its a Paiute reservation, open desert. Grabbed a burger at Red Robin because it was open, dropped the kid off at his moms house, picked up a couple of flats of water, downloading some music (legally of course), pooped, going to look up some numbers for utilities, probably play a video game, will likely break out the little box and burn some trees because i dont have to go anywhere tonight.

Basically a nice day off, much needed. My wife has just plain had it with her shitty job and i do believe this is her last day...she is done and im happy for her! But she spent 11 years in that dump and is now cashing in on her one month paid vacation. Hellz Yeah! Tomorrow is going to be bust ass time, my wife will be scrubbing all the previous owners filth out of the new house, and i will be making my repair list and starting that project...time revisit my old construction skills, they are a little rusty but it should be fun. :)

NQ6U
04-24-2011, 10:25 PM
Damn, what an effed-up morning. I just couldn't wake up, it felt like I'd been dead for three days. Then I had to roll a big damned rock out of my way to get outside. My hands and feet hurt like hell, too, I don't know what's up with that.

KG4CGC
04-24-2011, 10:31 PM
Damn, what an effed-up morning. I just couldn't wake up, it felt like I'd been dead for three days. Then I had to roll a big damned rock out of my way to get outside. My hands and feet hurt like hell, too, I don't know what's up with that.
You bustin' 7 gram rocks now cause Charlie Sheen is bustin' 14.

NQ6U
04-24-2011, 11:04 PM
I know nothing of this gram thing of which you speak but the Dad-damned rock was a couple of cubits across.

N7YA
04-25-2011, 05:47 AM
Being a zombie can be a bitch sometimes, eh? :lol:

N7YA
04-25-2011, 05:48 AM
....and your english-to-aramaic conversion is excellent, i might add.

rot
04-25-2011, 06:00 AM
The joys of owning a 114 year old house. So anyway, yeah today I pampered myself, lol.

Damn you win. The records to the Big House here only go to 1899. We've gone thorugh the "Screw this POS" a few times, but it screams "Home" so there ya go. Ain't a fuckin room in this house square and no matter what we do something squeaks.
Enjoy!
rot

rot
04-25-2011, 06:26 AM
Yeah..sorry about the miff at the food get toghether. I hear the da Vinci dude might do a rendering. Still am a bit pissed about the seating arrangement, but I always thought you were a good guy. Peter lost it and I'll swear everytime I hear a rooster...well you know....
Oh yeah..I've been hangin with a few from the mosque crowd these days...they seem like a nice bunch...different fer sure,but they ain't into to the hate shit...well at least the ones I know. Not much on the beer thing, but that's a small workaround.
Later man.

W3MIV
04-25-2011, 06:27 AM
Jesus!

Yes?

ki4itv
04-25-2011, 06:59 AM
Me ed urts.

W3WN
04-25-2011, 08:02 AM
Jesus!

Yes?Channeling History of the World Part I?

N2CHX
04-25-2011, 11:18 AM
If you guys are in the mood for a cheesy comedy that's so cheesy it'll have you laughing your ass off because it's just THAT bad, watch Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter. It's on Netflix. It'd probably be in your best interest to smoke copious amounts of something green before doing so, however. But it WILL make you lol.

KG4CGC
04-25-2011, 11:28 AM
I prefer posting offensive pictures of a giant Easter rabbit pooping out colored and bloodied eggs from which the Christs hatch and run off to church.

ETA: and lulz

W1GUH
04-25-2011, 11:43 AM

Woke up with the same feeling. But dragged my sorry ass out with thoughts of the Easter Parade. But two major f-ups 1) getting a paper and 2) getting a cup of coffee said that it's best to just go back to bed. Day started out bad! Got better later on, tho', so I drank!

And, nobody said "working on my antenna." I guess the wx just wasn't cooperative? Too nice?

NQ6U
04-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Yeah..sorry about the miff at the food get toghether. I hear the da Vinci dude might do a rendering. Still am a bit pissed about the seating arrangement, but I always thought you were a good guy. Peter lost it and I'll swear everytime I hear a rooster...well you know....
Oh yeah..I've been hangin with a few from the mosque crowd these days...they seem like a nice bunch...different fer sure,but they ain't into to the hate shit...well at least the ones I know. Not much on the beer thing, but that's a small workaround.
Later man.

Hey, no problem, J, you knew not what you did. As for da Vinci, well, his picture doesn't look anything like me. Bastard used one of his Guinea boyfriends as a model, I'm sure. And we all still giggle about "Peter" and his "cock." I swear, that guy was so top...

WX7P
04-25-2011, 11:50 AM
Hey, no problem, J, you knew not what you did. As for da Vinci, well, his picture doesn't look anything like me. Bastard used one of his Guinea boyfriends as a model, I'm sure. And we all still giggle about "Peter" and his "cock." I swear, that guy was so top...

(Fred Flintstone): hoooo boy.

W3WN
04-25-2011, 03:04 PM
If you guys are in the mood for a cheesy comedy that's so cheesy it'll have you laughing your ass off because it's just THAT bad, watch Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter. It's on Netflix. It'd probably be in your best interest to smoke copious amounts of something green before doing so, however. But it WILL make you lol.Is it as cheesy as The Fearless Vampire Killers?

W3WN
04-25-2011, 03:05 PM
< snip >
And, nobody said "working on my antenna." I guess the wx just wasn't cooperative? Too nice?I had plans, but there was just too much drizzle.

W3MIV
04-25-2011, 03:10 PM
Too early for me to know yet. But prolly the same as I did this year.

X-Rated
04-25-2011, 03:41 PM

I bought a Toto toilet last time. Yes, it is a low flow, but I bought it about a year ago or more. The flow level is down now from what it was a year ago. We were getting in under the deadline. It usually doesn't need a plunger. But this is probably the best toilet I have ever had. I think mine is a 2.5 gallon and now they are supposed to be 1.6 GPF toilets.

Link to previously covered subject. (http://forums.hamisland.net/showthread.php?11120-I-wanna-buy-a-toilet-baby.&highlight=toilets+toto)

W1GUH
04-25-2011, 04:51 PM
I had plans, but there was just too much drizzle.

You never been learned that the worse the wx, the better the antenna? ;)

Now, if you'd said, the wx was too nice, THAT's a good excuse!

ki4itv
04-25-2011, 06:09 PM
I bought a Toto toilet last time.

We bought and installed two of the Toto toilets for a friend. Flushing the thing is pretty intimidating with all the commotion going on.
My first thought upon flushing the thing was, "man, don't ever touch that lever sitting down."
Nice rig for a poop-chute.

NQ6U
04-25-2011, 06:23 PM
I don't care how good they may be, there just ain't no way I'm gonna buy a toilet that's named after the dog in The Wizard of Oz.

W7XF
04-25-2011, 09:00 PM
<snip> I will roast a ham, which will be accompanied by potato salad, cole slaw and deviled eggs. <snip>
And which ham did you roast, Albi??

W3WN
04-25-2011, 09:17 PM
You never been learned that the worse the wx, the better the antenna? ;)

Now, if you'd said, the wx was too nice, THAT's a good excuse!No, if the wx had been nice, I would have had to mow the savannah, er, back yard.

kc7jty
04-25-2011, 10:35 PM
The water saver toilets are OK. It's the saver shower heads I can't take.
I buy one of those seedling water wand heads, plug 50% of the holes w epoxy and get a perfect shower pattern and flow. When I visit someone or stay at a motel I don't understand how anyone can stand the water saver models.

N7YA
04-27-2011, 12:56 AM
I don't care how good they may be, there just ain't no way I'm gonna buy a toilet that's named after the dog in The Wizard of Oz.

Maybe they're named after the band.

I did a gig with Toto once, Steve Lukather was absolutely hammered, but wow!

rot
04-27-2011, 07:24 AM

Huge Ultracool on that!

X-Rated
04-27-2011, 10:47 AM
Toto actually is named after...

Tōyō Tōki (東洋陶器, Oriental Ceramics)

Kinda like Toshiba is named after Tokyo Shibaura Denki (Tokyo Shibaura Electric) (東 京 芝 浦 電気)

X-Rated
04-27-2011, 10:51 AM

Something to always remember. That is great.

X-Rated
04-27-2011, 10:53 AM
The water saver toilets are OK. It's the saver shower heads I can't take.
I buy one of those seedling water wand heads, plug 50% of the holes w epoxy and get a perfect shower pattern and flow. When I visit someone or stay at a motel I don't understand how anyone can stand the water saver models.

I know what you mean. I feel like it is just a humidifier that I am trying to clean myself with. California hotel shower stalls are really bad. I have to spend so much time just to get wet.

N7YA
04-28-2011, 02:02 AM
Something to always remember. That is great.

That was one of the top 5 gigs ive done out of thousands, for sure! The best part is that many of my friends were there to see it, and i got to do a gig with my favorite session bassist, Lee Sklar, sitting in the audience.

The worst part, none of those bastards thought to snap even one picture!

By the way, i love your new avatar.

ki4itv
04-28-2011, 06:56 AM
The worst part, none of those bastards thought to snap even one picture!

I know the feeling...bastids...some of my most death defying stupidity has been missed the same way. But, I admit, it is harder to snap a picture when you're holding somebody's beer.