PDA

View Full Version : Oh Brother!

X-Rated
04-17-2011, 10:25 AM
Anyone know anything about Brother sewing machines?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Brother-Sewing-Embroidery-Machine/14237607

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/01/25/02/62/0001250262495_60X60.gif

Is this one any good?

WØTKX
04-17-2011, 11:57 AM
They are considered pretty decent, and "high end" for the most part. Been around for a long time too.

http://printerinkcartridges.printcountry.com/printcountry-articles/printer-company-histories-press-releases/the-history-of-brother

rot
04-17-2011, 12:37 PM
I wouldn't have one of them menu driven computer hickee appliance operator POS.:rofl:
Knobs man Knobs! I tell ya.
I have an old Kenmore. Solid as hell. Had to change a belt a month or so...easy to work on. Fascinating machine.
Tons of little feet attachment things for operating on the extra bands.
Lots of fun. i want to make a quilt. I've made 2 4 - inch squares so far. Changing thread is quite manual. Even has a headlight for late night contesting sessions.
My mom is a sewing master so I do have an elmer (elmetress?).
It's a hoot.
I repaired some tube socks once.
rot

NQ6U
04-17-2011, 12:55 PM
I don't know anything about Brother sewing machines (I have an old Singer) but I have a Brother laser printer that's been great. Cheap, too, under $60 at Fry's—fifteen bucks less than it would have cost to buy new cartridges for my inkjet printer.

X-Rated
04-17-2011, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

Hey Terry. Does your sewing machine have USB for the contest?

No.

rot
04-17-2011, 03:55 PM
Normally I run RTTY LSB with space/mark on the zig/zag and cotton for audio feed. I do have have a foot pedal for stomping a 45 baud rate. I do not like the higher rates. Might pull my thumb through the foot feed thingy. Safety first ya know.
Like I said, my Mom's got 5 band WAC (worked all cloth) and I only have worked a few tube socks and some sweat pant rips.
Actually I like knitting machines as well, but you know what happens when those "KnitHoles" spur into the Sewing bands.
Rough stuff.
Bobbin,NC
rot

WØTKX
04-17-2011, 08:02 PM
:lol: You should write a blog. ;)

X-Rated
04-17-2011, 10:08 PM
Rotley's Prose.

KG4CGC
04-17-2011, 11:56 PM
Rotley's Prose.
The Prose of Pun.
Rotley the Pun.

rot
04-18-2011, 05:51 AM
The sewing/AR parallels crack me up. There was a thread on QRZ once and some guy mentioned his wife was involved with a sewing forum and noted "They are vicious." I checked one out and sure nuff, same ole shit with a similar cast of characters, most of which, I guess were old ladies,noobs,and the sort.
Just could not pass up the opportunity to revisit the opportunity to hijack Jerry's inquisition.
Actually from just reading between the lines, Rob, kf0rt, knows alot from an industrial prespective on programing scale machines in textiles. Not sure, just read a few comments from him that that may be the case.
Anyway, thanks for the tolerance while I goof off on Jerry's dime. Hope you find what you need there X-ray and as Nancy sez in "Sewing with Nancy"..."You got me in stiches, bro." (Well actually she never said that...I just lied).
Anyway..watch the world..it really is funny as hell.
Carry on.
rot

W3MIV
04-18-2011, 06:27 AM
Just could not pass up the opportunity to revisit the opportunity to hijack Jerry's inquisition.

May you never change. It is always worth the read.

NQ6U
04-18-2011, 09:49 AM
May you never change. It is always worth the read.

There's a reason he was appointed Island Poet Laureate.

W1GUH
04-18-2011, 01:31 PM
Normally I run RTTY LSB with space/mark on the zig/zag and cotton for audio feed. I do have have a foot pedal for stomping a 45 baud rate. I do not like the higher rates. Might pull my thumb through the foot feed thingy. Safety first ya know.
Like I said, my Mom's got 5 band WAC (worked all cloth) and I only have worked a few tube socks and some sweat pant rips.
Actually I like knitting machines as well, but you know what happens when those "KnitHoles" spur into the Sewing bands.
Rough stuff.
Bobbin,NC
rot

"Might pull my thumb through the foot feed thingy. "

I DID put the needle right through my finger once. Didn't even know it happened til I tried to pull it away. Just pulled it out, no further treatment needed. Glad I didn't hit the bone!!!

WØTKX
04-18-2011, 01:49 PM
What has Rotley's Rot Wrought? :lol:

X-Rated
04-18-2011, 01:56 PM
What has Rotley's Rot Wrought? :lol:

To two tutu's too.