PDA

View Full Version : I'm now a biker bitch

N2CHX
04-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Like my new wheels?

http://forums.hamisland.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=4065&stc=1&d=1302402050

Bought it today. It comes home Tuesday. I've been spending over $300 in gas going back and forth to work in my old '97 Dodge Intrepid. This bad girl gets between 75 and 80 MPG. I saw it and fell in love with it. Even after the monthly payments I'll be over $150 ahead every month over driving the car, plus the car isn't going to last long driving it 80 miles a day.

X-Rated
04-09-2011, 09:48 PM
I talked to your ex, Kelli.

W7XF
04-09-2011, 09:59 PM
OMG Kelli!!! A crotch rocket!!!!! Über cool!!!!! Details, please!

suddenseer
04-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Kelli, I second Kevin's comment. A Fsking crotch rocket!!. Please wear a helmet, mokay? I am an old phart, I prefer 2 cyl American made motorcycles, but that is me.

N2CHX
04-09-2011, 10:19 PM
I talked to your ex, Kelli.

LOL, nice. Was it a good conversation?

N2CHX
04-09-2011, 10:22 PM
OMG Kelli!!! A crotch rocket!!!!! Über cool!!!!! Details, please!

It's not a big bike. 5 speed 150 cc Kymco Quannon. It does move though. I had it easily doing 60 on a short stretch of road during the test drive. And yes, I will definitely be wearing a helmet. I bought a floor model so they threw in an expensive helmet for free. I picked a helmet that matched the colors of the bike.

X-Rated
04-09-2011, 10:38 PM
LOL, nice. Was it a good conversation?

I saw your post on FB. Jus hasselin' ya. Congrats on the bike. Uber cool

KG4CGC
04-09-2011, 11:04 PM
Cool moped. :hyper::clap:

kd8dey
04-09-2011, 11:23 PM
Kelli, I second Kevin's comment. A Fsking crotch rocket!!. Please wear a helmet, mokay? I am an old phart, I prefer 2 cyl American made motorcycles, but that is me.

Cool moped. :hyper::clap:

Ditto. Crotch rockets don't count towards becoming a biker bitch.
They don't have all those jokes about "Suck Starting" a Harley for nothing.

w2amr
04-10-2011, 04:23 AM
Keep it upright.:agree:

N2CHX
04-10-2011, 05:36 AM
Ditto. Crotch rockets don't count towards becoming a biker bitch.

Ha! It's still badass.

N2CHX
04-10-2011, 05:36 AM

I fully plan to, lol.

WØTKX
04-10-2011, 08:21 AM
I did too. Trust nobody around you when riding. EVER!

Take an ABATE class if offered, even experienced riders can learn something.
Even if you legally have the right of way, you could be killed by a dumbass.
Don't let the dumbasses win. I'll never be the same from my near fatal accident.

While I did get a settlement, I wish it had never happened.

Cool bike! :agree:

W5RB
04-10-2011, 08:56 AM
Interesting ride . My recollection is that some states enforce a displacement limit as to what's permitted on highways of the Interstate system . It may not be problematic in your situation , just a heads-up so you'll be prepared . Add my +1 on the rider safety courses from ABATE .

w3bny
04-10-2011, 09:21 AM
Good deal! be safe girl! Oh and the MSF Basic Rider Course (http://www.msf-usa.org/index_new.cfm?spl=2&action=display&pagename=ridercourse%20info) is your friend!

P.S. Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly! Trust me on this one

KG4CGC
04-10-2011, 09:32 AM
Interesting ride . My recollection is that some states enforce a displacement limit as to what's permitted on highways of the Interstate system . It may not be problematic in your situation , just a heads-up so you'll be prepared . Add my +1 on the rider safety courses from ABATE .
SC: no horse draw carriages, farm equipment or other vehicles under 5 HP.

N2CHX
04-10-2011, 10:41 AM
I did too. Trust nobody around you when riding. EVER!

Take an ABATE class if offered, even experienced riders can learn something.
Even if you legally have the right of way, you could be killed by a dumbass.
Don't let the dumbasses win. I'll never be the same from my near fatal accident.

While I did get a settlement, I wish it had never happened.

Cool bike! :agree:

Thanks. I'm sorry to hear about your accident. That sucks. That's why my parents stopped riding, actually. They were riding double doing 65 on a 4 lane and the front tire went dead flat. They kept it upright until about 30, then went over. Lots of road rash but otherwise OK, but that was it. Anyway, I plan on taking the course offered here.

Yep, in NY a scooter isn't allowed on the expressways. That's why I chose an actual motorcycle class instead of a scooter, aside from the fact that I find the crotch rocket more comfy than sitting on a scooter.

Good deal! be safe girl! Oh and the MSF Basic Rider Course (http://www.msf-usa.org/index_new.cfm?spl=2&action=display&pagename=ridercourse%20info) is your friend!

P.S. Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly! Trust me on this one

Nice! I like it.

SC: no horse draw carriages, farm equipment or other vehicles under 5 HP.

Most of the route to work is completely rural. I have a better chance of hitting a cow in the road than getting hit by an idiot, truthfully. I probably pass a few hundred small dairy farms on my way to work.

NQ6U
04-10-2011, 11:13 AM

And watch out for cages.

N7RJD
04-10-2011, 12:55 PM

Those were supposed to be jokes?

W7XF
04-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Yep, in NY a scooter isn't allowed on the expressways. That's why I chose an actual motorcycle class instead of a scooter, aside from the fact that I find the crotch rocket more comfy than sitting on a scooter.

General rule of thumb is if it is under 250 cc, no Interstate. You can probably get away with metro interstates posted at 55 or 60 for SHORT hops (no more than an exit or 2), but no 65 or 70 mph interstates. Also, good starter bike. You'll probably trade up to a 500cc once you get your prowess up. Also, not a good idea to cross over to the Great White North with it UNTIL you have had your motorcycle endorsement for at least a year (not sure if Canada has a minimum licencing requirement for motorcycles ridden by furriners; I know Mexico requires you have a MC endorsement for at least a year to ride there). But, DO TAKE THE COURSE!!!!

KC9ECI
04-10-2011, 03:02 PM
Nice girls bike. I had a Katana once. Thought I'd give the rice rocket thing a try. Didn't like it. It hurt to ride on my balls like that. I really need to get another Harley. I sold mine a lot of years ago to finance a honeymoon. That was the beginning of the end.

W3MIV
04-10-2011, 03:31 PM
That was the beginning of the end.

Careful. There might be a key-capture device fitted to your computer.

KC9ECI
04-10-2011, 04:10 PM
She knows.

KG4CGC
04-11-2011, 12:51 AM
Most of the route to work is completely rural. I have a better chance of hitting a cow in the road than getting hit by an idiot, truthfully. I probably pass a few hundred small dairy farms on my way to work. That reminds me, I nearly hit a deer at night. Came within 8 feet of nailing a full grown doe. I was going along at 40 and at about 100 feet I saw a group of 3 does on the left side of the road in a dark area, right on the edge of the shoulder. I only slowed a little but at about 35 feet 2 of the deer crossed. Got on the brakes hard but then the third doe decided to cross too.She ran, leaning away from my approach and away from me crossing the road at an obtuse angle away from me. I was really hard on the brakes but the back wheel was starting to lock up now and was slightly swinging to the right. I swear I could count every hair around her eye and see the wrinkles in her nose. Eight feet. Any number of factors and I could have nailed her and for me that would have been like hitting a brick wall.

I stayed calm but I take extra care and pay extra attention now and slow way down as soon as I spot them. Deer are just too unpredictable when it comes to interacting with humans in traffic. Even bicyclists have been hit by the deer. I was riding my bike up my street on afternoon. I was peddling slowly uphill and was reaching the top and there was a big buck, about a 6 pointer, standing on the left side of the road, on the edge of the shoulder. I was within 10 feet of him and I calmly said, "hey deer." He shot across the road in an 8 foot high leap and landed on the other side like it was nothing then did it again a few seconds later over a wider section of road. It was near a fork and a Stop sign. Later when I told people about it, I was told I was lucky that I didn't get knocked in the head and get my skull split open.

N8YX
04-11-2011, 09:07 AM
Very cool - congrats!

You do realize this is only the start of an addiction, right?

Adrenaline is directly proportional to horsepower and turning/braking ability. That said, you'll want more soon. ;)

Agreed re: other comments on MSF Basic Rider course. By all means take it.

Have a look at the following -

http://www.womeninthewind.org/

http://www.womenonwheels.org/

You may find the members of either to be very supportive and helpful.

KC2UGV
04-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Most of the route to work is completely rural. I have a better chance of hitting a cow in the road than getting hit by an idiot, truthfully. I probably pass a few hundred small dairy farms on my way to work.

Be careful on 16... The winds through there can be nightmarish, even in a big vehicle like a minivan... Plus, lot's of assholes trying to be Nascar drivers :(

N2CHX
04-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Be careful on 16... The winds through there can be nightmarish, even in a big vehicle like a minivan... Plus, lot's of assholes trying to be Nascar drivers :(

I never drive 16. Not gonna publish my route either though. :)

N2CHX
04-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Took half the day off to pick up the bike. I was going to wait until tomorrow because the place is open later, but my car was acting up bad this morning and I decided I don't want to drive it to work another day until it's fixed and gets a tuneup. Great excuse, huh? True story though.

WØTKX
04-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Gawd, I miss riding.

NQ6U
04-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Gawd, I miss riding.

Me too, and if I thought I could ride on a highway that wasn't populated by a bunch of morans who shouldn't have ever been issued a drivers license, I would get back on a bike today.

KG4CGC
04-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Not gonna publish my route either though.
Can't say as I blame you after some of the things I've read quoted from a certain individual.

w6tmi
04-12-2011, 11:45 PM
3rd or 5th or whatever on the MSF.

"Faster Faster til the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death"

KG4CGC
04-13-2011, 12:02 AM
Where's a good place to order tires from?

NA4BH
04-13-2011, 12:08 AM

A tire store? :whistle:

KG4CGC
04-13-2011, 12:21 AM
Motorcycle and scooter tires. Easy to put on the rim with basic tools. Local dealer price for one tire runs 130 to 160. I saw some on Amazon for 29 to 55. I was wondering if anyone had experience ordering online and were they happy?

WV6Z
04-13-2011, 08:09 AM
Like my new wheels?

http://forums.hamisland.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=4065&stc=1&d=1302402050

Bought it today. It comes home Tuesday. I've been spending over $300 in gas going back and forth to work in my old '97 Dodge Intrepid. This bad girl gets between 75 and 80 MPG. I saw it and fell in love with it. Even after the monthly payments I'll be over $150 ahead every month over driving the car, plus the car isn't going to last long driving it 80 miles a day.

NOYCE! (as spoken with what is now a rather fake Brit accent) ;)

X-Rated
04-13-2011, 08:11 AM
NOYCE! (as spoken with what is now a rather fake Brit accent) ;)

I thought you were talking about the former Intel IC president.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Noyce

N8YX
04-14-2011, 05:33 AM
SW Moto Tires gets my vote.

Chris
04-14-2011, 10:17 AM
I predict under a garbage truck or semis front wheels. And before that eventuality, every day you ride someone will try to kill you without even thinking about it. And if you don't see that every day someone tries to kill you on a donorcycle you are not paying attention.

And then there's this result of giddy 2wheelin exuberance:
http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/nate03d/Bike%2520Crash/8.jpg

NQ6U
04-14-2011, 11:24 AM
I predict under a garbage truck or semis front wheels. And before that eventuality, every day you ride someone will try to kill you without even thinking about it. And if you don't see that every day someone tries to kill you on a donorcycle you are not paying attention.

And a cheery good morning to you, too! Still, Chris does have a point: when I rode, there were a couple of incidents where some asshole in a cage looked me directly in the eye then deliberately moved into my lane and forced me to take evasive action. When you're on a bike, you have to assume everybody in a car has it in for you if you want to survive for long.

W7XF
04-14-2011, 12:30 PM
And a cheery good morning to you, too! Still, Chris does have a point: when I rode, there were a couple of incidents where some asshole in a cage looked me directly in the eye then deliberately moved into my lane and forced me to take evasive action. When you're on a bike, you have to assume everybody in a car has it in for you if you want to survive for long.

+1.

KG4CGC
04-14-2011, 02:00 PM
d00p

KG4CGC
04-14-2011, 02:01 PM
SW Moto Tires gets my vote.
Maybe I did the search wrong? The smallest 130/90 they have is a 16 and I need a 10. I bit the bullet and found one on Amazon. 4 ply speed rated. $29 + $3 shipping. The mark up at the local dealers I checked out is in the triple digits. 200 to 300% :shock:
+ mounting.

N8YX
04-14-2011, 02:13 PM
Maybe I did the search wrong? The smallest 130/90 they have is a 16 and I need a 10. I bit the bullet and found one on Amazon. 4 ply speed rated. $29 + $3 shipping. The mark up at the local dealers I checked out is in the triple digits. 200 to 300% :shock:
+ mounting.
Excellent (rubs hands) - I didn't check for your particular tires (assume they're for the Ruckus) but SW has consistently been $50-60 cheaper per tire than our area shops. This with tires for my Valkyries.

Concours owners can get theirs through MotorCycle Larry, a COG sponsor. Cheap, and on your doorstep in three days.

KG4CGC
04-14-2011, 02:21 PM
Excellent and yes, Ruckus. 4 years and almost 7000 miles on the Kenda nylons that came standard. Back tire always goes first. I noticed a small crack so I suspect some dry rot starting in. The standard tire lacked some wet grip characteristics which is also notable on areas of spilled gravel, blown dirt etc. Wet (or dry) leaves in the Fall is a non starter. I suspect that nothing short of tank treads would help out so naturally that's an instant slow it down before you get there type of scenario. I've seen a guy on an all terrain bike wipe out at 15 mph because he wasn't paying close attention to road debris from falling foliage.

W3MIV
04-14-2011, 03:09 PM
4 years and almost 7000 miles on the Kenda nylons that came standard.

That's incredible wear for nylons. Were they pantyhose or the garter-belt style?

KG4CGC
04-14-2011, 03:13 PM
That's incredible wear for nylons. Were they pantyhose or the garter-belt style?
My bicycle also came stock with Kenda nylon tires. They are supposed to be ultra light weight. In the case of the bike tire, the front tire and rim weigh in at under a pound. Maybe even less because of the surprise experienced when you first hold it. It's like nothing is there.

WØTKX
04-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Excuse me sir, you have a ladder in your stockings. :mrgreen:

W3WN
04-14-2011, 03:25 PM
Are you implying that he's a member of the Men In Tights?

Little John (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0469503/): Let's face it. You've gotta be a man to wear tights!

Merry Men: [singing] We're men / We're men in tights / We roam around the forest looking for fights / We're men / We're men in tights / We rob from the rich and give to the poor / That's right! / We may look like sissies / But watch what you say / Or else we'll put out your lights / We're men / We're men in tights / Always on guard / Defending the people's rights / We're men / Manly men! / We're men in tights / Yes! / We roam around the forest looking for fights / We're men / We're men in tights / We rob from the rich and give to the poor / That's right! / We may look like pansies / But don't get us wrong / Or else we'll put out your lights / We're men / We're men in tights / *Tight tights* / Always on guard / Defending the people's rights / When you're in a fix / Just call for the men in tights / We're butch!

Ahchoo (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0152638/): I should have never worn these shoes. They just don't match my purse.

Ahchoo (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0152638/): Let's get out of this ladies clothing and get into our tights!

Trivia: When the newly recruited Merry Men are getting outfitted with clothing and weapons, their tights are seen being taken out of giant plastic eggs. This is in reference to when L'eggs pantyhose used to be sold in plastic eggs packages.

KG4CGC
04-14-2011, 03:27 PM
Excuse me sir, you have a ladder in your stockings. :mrgreen:
I guess it's for storing fishing lures.

N8YX
04-14-2011, 08:01 PM
All this talk of tires (with you folks) and tires/inflators (with a co-worker, relating her/her boyfriend's exploits on their mountain bikes this past Sunday) musta jinxed today's jaunt on the mo'sickle something fierce.

Picked up a Death Screw in the Connie's rear tire at some point on the ride back from our department lunch. Went to leave work around 4:45 and the onboard TPS was showing 9PSI for the rear - and me with no plug kit. 'DSG had to bail from work, come get me...take me home to pick up plug kit...then back to work where I attempted to fix the friggin' thing.

Did you know that 4 16gr CO2 cartridges will only fill a 190/50-17 tire to 18PSI? And did you know that said tire will - upon being so underinflated - decide to shed the plug a third of the way home?

Luckily, this was within range of a gas station with an air compressor...and I have a large supply of plugs...:muhahaha:

There are 2000 hole (sic) miles on that rear Michelin, and I've got to buy another - after the first plug divorced itself from the tire I will NOT trust riding on a patch, plug or anything else which might cause sudden deflation.

I highly recommend carrying the following:

http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/pics_TY01/TY01-TY01-07-0620_xl.jpg

And a spare pair of 45gr cylinders to boot. Those 16gr jobs belong pumping up bicycle tires - nothing more.

W5RB
04-14-2011, 08:13 PM
Not the ultimate answer , but lightweight , and useful . Better 2 underinflated tires than 1 full and 1 flat .We usta call this an "air thief". Now that they manufacture 'em , they have nicer names .
http://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/pi/mp/1363/187893356p?src=http%3A%2F%2Fsite.unbeatablesale.co m%2Fimg095%2Fdas8010.jpg&d=c758e7012811aa75729fafa427f1a08d758dfe1a

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM187893356P?sid=IDx20101019x00001a&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=SPM187893356

KG4CGC
04-14-2011, 08:17 PM
Two plugs in the rear tire. Repair kit and full size can of fix-a-flat on board. Slimed 2 years ago. I used to carry a heavy-duty foot pump too. Folded neatly. Tubing for foot pump dry rotted. Looking for another tube and stem clip. I remember being able to buy such a piece years ago. Got enough Slime™ left for new tire.

KG4CGC
04-14-2011, 08:19 PM
Not the ultimate answer , but lightweight , and useful . Better 2 underinflated tires than 1 full and 1 flat .We usta call this an "air thief". Now that they manufacture 'em , they have nicer names .
http://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/pi/mp/1363/187893356p?src=http%3A%2F%2Fsite.unbeatablesale.co m%2Fimg095%2Fdas8010.jpg&d=c758e7012811aa75729fafa427f1a08d758dfe1a

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM187893356P?sid=IDx20101019x00001a&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=SPM187893356The windshield washer reservoir pressurized from the spare tire in my old '72 VW. I don't expect you youngsters to know about that set up. :)

WØTKX
04-14-2011, 08:59 PM
I carried a small electric pump that plugged into the cig lighter plug in my Connie's faring.

This is why is why baggers rock. :yes:

N8YX
04-15-2011, 03:47 AM
Two plugs in the rear tire. Repair kit and full size can of fix-a-flat on board. Slimed 2 years ago.
Not with the tire-pressure sender electronics, you don't...air only.

N8YX
04-15-2011, 03:48 AM
I carried a small electric pump that plugged into the cig lighter plug in my Connie's faring.

This is getting ordered over the weekend:

http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/pics/sli-40001.jpg

W3MIV
04-15-2011, 05:29 AM
AAA and Hyundai five-year, unlimited mileage roadside assistance. ;)

WØTKX
04-15-2011, 06:24 AM
Librul elitist. ;)

N8YX
04-15-2011, 07:30 AM
I've got full towing benefits courtesy of ROK but I really don't trust the average area flatbed operator to A) secure the bike properly; B) without breaking things in the process.

A lot of the shops in distant lands will bring a trailer to cart your bike back for repairs upon being summoned. Unfortunately, none in the immediate area participate in that plan. All well and good, as I was able to get the thing home without incident. Running down a tire on short notice may prove a different challenge but since it's supposed to rain for the next week I'm not too upset about it.

NQ6U
04-15-2011, 10:31 AM
Librul elitist. ;)

Yeah. Why didn't you buy a good 'Murrican car, you commie bastard. You know, like a Chevrolet Cruze (http://www.thespec.com/news/article/516531--gm-recalls-cruze-after-steering-wheel-falls-off).

KG4CGC
04-15-2011, 06:45 PM
WOW! Tire got here this afternoon. That was fast!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/Dog%20Walk/d405422b.jpg

WØTKX
04-15-2011, 06:49 PM
I used to order tires when I lived in the mountains, and found the Cheng Shin tires to be a very good value choice. The Barracudas were impressive on the FZ-750 rocket I used to have.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/epic_mcy/500/85_fz750_600.jpg

W7XF
04-15-2011, 08:21 PM
I'm running Michelins on my rocket...bike is built to run radials and those tires are the cat's meow in the mountain twisties.

N8YX
04-16-2011, 06:56 AM
Ordered a Pilot Road 2 from Murph (www.murphskits.com) last night. $192 shipped to my door.

Local shop wanted $248. Mounting and balancing not included.

Murph and the local shop are both brick-and-mortar outfits, and they pay the same for their tires. One wonders about the almost $60 differential. :roll:

WØTKX
04-16-2011, 07:20 AM
Murph, the farkle master. ;)

N8YX
04-16-2011, 08:40 AM
Murph, the farkle master. ;)
I have $pent with Murph, Motorcycle Larry and Phil Hamm...Clearwater...Yaesu, J&M and several other places while setting my C14 up. Have to do it all over again x2 for the next Connies.

Back on-topic:

Kelli, you planning on taking a few pics with you and the bike? At least one of the parts vendors listed above is putting together a Women/Sportbike calendar and they're looking for rider submissions.

KG4CGC
04-17-2011, 05:08 PM
The joke's on me! While I have been able to remove the old tire from the rim, there does not seem to be any way that I can place the new tire ON the rim! Gosh I'm swell. Looks like a trip up to the scooter asshole in the morning is on the agenda.

KG4CGC
07-21-2011, 01:17 PM
Here's a nice Crotch Rocket. I wonder where the key goes.

http://www1.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/341de60fe9524254633e78dbdc5929fde57da9348642da2f28 56d39c12ea69bf6g.jpg (http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=1bwbaltx4ii6uau&thumb=4)

W1GUH
07-21-2011, 01:26 PM

In the highly unlikely event that you drive in NYC AND you have an even MORE unlikely occasion to need road service (I'd guess that the probability is near zero, and BOTH happenning is "near zero" * "near zero", a very, very tiny number) DON'T CALL AAA. Their road service in the city is AWFUL!!! Bad service, bad attitude, BAD REPAIR WORK!

Use whatever you have under you insurance policy, if any. I've got GEICO and they people they contract with are excellent!

N2CHX
07-21-2011, 05:49 PM
I've now logged more than 4,500 miles since I posted this thread.

KG4CGC
07-21-2011, 05:51 PM
I've now logged more than 4,500 miles since I posted this thread.
You is teh hell on wheels!

ki4itv
07-21-2011, 07:15 PM
Here's a nice Crotch Rocket. I wonder where the key goes.

http://www1.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/341de60fe9524254633e78dbdc5929fde57da9348642da2f28 56d39c12ea69bf6g.jpg (http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=1bwbaltx4ii6uau&thumb=4)

:rofl:

N2CHX
05-14-2013, 08:39 PM
Resurrecting the dead...

Since I posted this thread, I'm now on my 2nd bike. I logged 8,200 miles and two sets of tires on the first one and I've now logged 14,300 miles and three sets of tires on my Ninja.

N2CHX
05-14-2013, 08:45 PM
Oh and... I haven't met my fate, with a garbage truck, semi, or anything else. I don't ride like an idiot. But yeah, people drive like fuckin' morons and I encounter -- and compensate for that every day.

NQ6U
05-14-2013, 08:49 PM
I haven't met my fate, with a garbage truck, semi, or anything else. [...] But yeah, people drive like fuckin' morons [...]

And others post like one. Present company excepted, of course.

KG4CGC
05-14-2013, 09:53 PM
I'm looking for a bike now. Anyone want to trade a ham radio for one?

W7XF
05-15-2013, 12:19 AM
Well... I hopped on my bike for the first time since the stroke.....just rode it up my street and back.... now to service it and get it road-ready.

N2CHX
05-15-2013, 04:04 AM
I'm looking for a bike now. Anyone want to trade a ham radio for one?

I have an old CX-500 which is a nice bike, but A. no clue how I'd get it to you (long drive plus it does have an oil leak that needs to be fixed) and B. Dan would want his share of the money for it.

N2CHX
05-15-2013, 04:05 AM
Well... I hopped on my bike for the first time since the stroke.....just rode it up my street and back.... now to service it and get it road-ready.

Cool!!! Glad to hear you are able to get back on a bike. That's great news. Just... ya know... Be careful :)

N8YX
05-15-2013, 06:42 AM
'DSG on her Tourer, circa 2008.

She's dropped 35lbs since then and the bike has gained at least that much in the form of a Memphis Shades Batwing fairing, rear stereo speakers (in the armrest pods), an FTM-10SR, Kennedy Technologies component integrator and a 2M/440 antenna plus mount. The trunk lid now has a nice rack attached; handy for carrying the bike cover with you on trips:

N2CHX
05-15-2013, 06:59 AM
'DSG on her Tourer, circa 2008.

She's dropped 35lbs since then and the bike has gained at least that much in the form of a Memphis Shades Batwing fairing, rear stereo speakers (in the armrest pods), an FTM-10SR, Kennedy Technologies component integrator and a 2M/440 antenna plus mount. The trunk lid now has a nice rack attached; handy for carrying the bike cover with you on trips:

She's hot! And the bike is pretty slick too. We have to get together again sometime soon. Now that my three years of hell is over, maybe sometime soon.

N2RJ
05-15-2013, 09:55 AM
Nice bike, Fred! You guys headed to Dayton?

X-Rated
05-15-2013, 10:32 AM
Nice bike, Fred! You guys headed to Dayton?

'DSG and I will be there Thursday afternoon through Saturday.

Her birthday party will be held (as usual) at the Englewood Exit ( SR48 )Tumbleweed, starting around 5PM
and going til whenever. Everyone is welcome to join us. We're also up for a Thursday evening or Saturday afternoon gathering...whatever works.

;)