PDA

View Full Version : BEWARE of facebook ads

kc7jty
04-03-2011, 12:45 AM
I clicked onto a "Cameras: 97% Off" (designmom.com) ad while on facebook.
When I tried to exit the site it took over my pc and started a video promoting their crap.
I had to force shut down then start in safe mode.

I will NEVER click on another facebook ad as long as I live.

N9FE
04-03-2011, 06:27 AM
I quit facebook long ago. To much crap with it. My kids and all there friends are on. But i guess they'll have to god forbid... Call me on the phone.

W3MIV
04-03-2011, 06:45 AM
I do not do the ads. I do not do the apps. I do not do the games. I do not trust anything of that sort. There is always some schmuck at the other end who wants to take what I don't want to give. It's the internet, fer crissakes.

N2CHX
04-03-2011, 11:37 AM
I never click on ads. Firstly, because I use an ad blocker. Secondly, because I just don't trust anything advertised on the internet. But I also don't worry about virus', because I use an OS that isn't very susceptible to them.

KJ3N
04-03-2011, 04:17 PM
I clicked onto a "Cameras: 97% Off" (designmom.com) ad while on facebook.
When I tried to exit the site it took over my pc and started a video promoting their crap.
I had to force shut down then start in safe mode.

I will NEVER click on another facebook ad as long as I live.

You never learn, do you? :lame: :wall:

Firefox + Ad Block Plus = No ads.

No, I don't have any sympathy. This is not the first time you've flail your arms around like an idiot, trying to put out a fire you inflicted on yourself.

:troll: :slap:

kc7jty
04-03-2011, 04:48 PM
got ad block with chrome but it doesn't block everything like ff does.

W4RLR
04-03-2011, 06:31 PM
I don't do ads, apps, or any of that other crap. Today I also did a wholesale pruning of my friends list. As Jimmy Buffett says, "if the phone doesn't ring, it's me".

KA5PIU
04-04-2011, 12:35 AM
Hello.

I run Linux or Unix unless I just have to run Windows.
The Macs can run windows, yes, but are happy on a diet of OS-X.
The PC camp runs one form or another of Unix or Linux, including OS-X.
Yes it can be done and everything works!
http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/mac-os-x/
http://mac.linux.be/
Enjoy!

W1GUH
04-04-2011, 09:58 AM
You never learn, do you? :lame: :wall:

Firefox + Ad Block Plus = No ads.

No, I don't have any sympathy. This is not the first time you've flail your arms around like an idiot, trying to put out a fire you inflicted on yourself.

:troll: :slap:

Ouch!!!! Freakin' tough crowd.

w3bny
04-04-2011, 01:08 PM
I bet you click on the "Your computer is infested with viruses and Pr0n" ads too..

KJ3N
04-04-2011, 02:24 PM
I bet you click on the "Your computer is infested with viruses and Pr0n" ads too..

Would not surprise me one bit. :roll:

WV6Z
04-04-2011, 05:41 PM
As the 'I Told You So' shitstorm has already started, I will just say that by far the safest way to go is to type 'cameras something for nothing' into the search box of your preference of browser and go on from there.

kc7jty
04-04-2011, 08:33 PM
The Pr0n sites I visit are very secure.

NA4BH
04-04-2011, 09:50 PM
The Pr0n sites I visit are very secure.

Are they Rudy approved?